Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

PSP (Dizzy)

Sometimes I end up convincing myself that I'm not loved... but that's not true for anypony, is it? :3

*hugs*

I'm positive that people love you. Try to remind yourself that someone, somewhere, always cares.

• Brohoof 4

I certainly know I'm loved by others. The only problem is that I somehow seem to struggle with loving them back.

Well, it's good that you feel loved! Do you care about those people? Sometimes caring is enough by itself<3

• Brohoof 2

Well, it's good that you feel loved! Do you care about those people? Sometimes caring is enough by itself<3

I still care about them. It's just that for some reason I'm not emotionally attached to them.

• Brohoof 1

In the past, yes. Oh God, yes. This is going to be painful to write...

I used to feel so unloved that I would have 2-4 nightmares every night. Said nightmares would almost always involve people wanting me dead because they hated me so much. At one point, I didn't even believe my parents loved me anymore.

During this time, not even ponies could fix the problem, as the concept of having people care about me was so incredibly foreign. I was so absent-minded that concentrating on anything was impossible. I almost flunked out of school, and I was hardly able to take care of myself beyond basic needs. I just didn't care.

I was spending most of my days in bed, either trying to sleep or hugging and crying into a pillow. I knew something was wrong with me at the time, and I wanted to see a psychologist, but I felt so unloved that I imagined that even they wouldn't be supportive.

I'm not like this anymore, but I still applaud you for creating a topic like this. If I had someone to talk to when I went through that experience, it would have made a world of a difference.

• Brohoof 3

I do feel loved.  I know I'm loved, even. xD

I sometimes stop and wonder: Do I deserve it?  What did I do to earn this?

But somepony told me that it's nothing to do with "deserve."  "That's not how love works," she very wisely said.

And that makes me want to be something better than I am.

• Brohoof 2

I know I am loved, but I don't really deserve it. Many would strongly disagree with that notion and that is fine, but I don't think I deserve to be loved. It's more like, I am loved, but should I be? Odd question that I seem to ask myself.

There are people in my family that love me, some friends that say the same thing, yet I never really see a point to it. There isn't much to love me for. At least, that's how I see it. I don't have much self confidence at all.

Needless to say, I am trying to accept myself and actually like myself like some others do, that is just hard for me, as weird as that is.

• Brohoof 1

I don't just feel, i know. I don't lie to myself thinking nobody loves me. I can't speak for everyone, but i'd like to believe certain people just don't know how much they're loved by those around them, and in turn selfishly believe they're alone and push others away from them. Different people express themselves differently.

• Brohoof 1

Is that a question? I'm loved by many! I'm a loveable person!

I'm loved by my mother, and...

...my mother!

Okay, time to rethink my life.

Edited by SpaceOnion
  • Brohoof 4

Nightmares? Same here. And 90% of them I can barely remember.

Weird. Mine were so bad that I couldn't possibly forget them. Even now, I still remember. It was like being a kid again, but even worse.

At least, on the bright side, I haven't had any nightmares since last July. It was the first thing to go away once I started feeling better about myself.

• Brohoof 1