Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Feel Out-Of-Place?

Osseous Rex

Well, guess I am. I practically disagree with most 'Norms' of society. Bat that's not really the thing. There's just the slight, nagging feeling in my mind whenever I can clearly hear my thoughts, even though it's very faint, it's still there, and it always says that I shouldn't be here, I don't belong here. Yeah, yeah, crazy and all that stuff, yada yada, but still, that small feeling keeps bothering me every time silence is around.

You're not the only one. I've felt like a boring, uninteresting person before but really that's just because my interests never overlap with those of the majority of people around me. To me, they were boring and uninteresting too.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, because there will always be a place where you fit in.

• 4 years later...

Maybe, maybe not. I feel like I should be feeling something while at the same time knowing something is amiss.. I’m not making sense now but I think that’s it.

• Brohoof 1

This is one of these topics where I had to read the first post to be sure what I can reply with.

Oh no, I don't feel out of place. I might have to catch up to new things, but is kinda easy now days with Youtube describing every little thing. Tutorial for "how to life", yes thanks!

• Brohoof 2

I feel very out of place living in the country for sure. It's a barren f***ing wasteland there from my perspective. :dry: Brown grass as far as the eye can see, hardly ever comfortable weather... It's way too rural. I can't deal with it, being not entirely a country person and all. I'm not a city person either, just kind of in the middle.

But honestly I feel totally out of place in this state as a whole. Texas is way too conservative for me, and it really shows whenever politics or almost anything really is brought up. "God" and "Ben Shapiro (not followed by is an idiot/snowflake)" are both brought up way too often. I felt like I actually belonged in Washington state, but here? I feel zero sense of belonging. I feel like your average more intelligent and introverted millenial stuck in a country setting, and going places almost feels like you're traveling through time. It's like you're stuck in the 30's, but then you travel into present day. So weird and hard to explain. :huh:

But yeah, I'd rather be in a fairly small, progressive community that looks to the future and not the past. Of course with enough people my own age. Maybe I'd belong there.

Edited by Ayyngel Dust

39 minutes ago, Ayyngel Dust said:

But honestly I feel totally out of place in this state as a whole. Texas is way too conservative for me, and it really shows whenever politics or almost anything really is brought up. "God" and "Ben Shapiro (not followed by is an idiot/snowflake)" are both brought up way too often. I felt like I actually belonged in Washington state, but here? I feel zero sense of belonging.

What in the world brought you to Texas? My condolences.

I feel the same way. I'm just one state North, where every single county voted for Trump. Yes, even the counties where our universities are located. Yikes. I know plenty of people on the left IRL and have found a group of friends, but even still. My family and I are tired of living in such a place.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Envy said:

What in the world brought you to Texas? My condolences.

I feel the same way. I'm just one state North, where every single county voted for Trump. Yes, even the counties where our universities are located. Yikes. I know plenty of people on the left IRL and have found a group of friends, but even still. My family and I are tired of living in such a place.

My grandparents needed help on their farm down here, and my Dad agreed to move there.

Yeah, from what I can tell, Oklahoma might be even worse than Texas in some ways. I mean Texas cities are actually more centrist liberal $#!+, which I don't like either, but at least it's somewhat better than the country. F***, it's infested with alt-right religious f***s. I even was forced to listen to pro-lifers on a school field trip because that's somehow "educational." :laugh:

• Brohoof 1

In my case Maybe it's because I'm to depressive and I'm afraid to fall into another stupid project of mine that I know will be a waste of time for all involved, like my time I was in RP. I didn't realized I sucked so bad at it before it was too late. I might had a connection before...but then I could still make "art" of MLP. And then I realized I sucked at that as well. I think it's because I can't contribute at all or with anything worthwhile. I still love MLP but I realize that I'm not a creative or a good creator of content, and in this fandom that's kinda of a requisite to feel like you truly belong.

• 1 year later...

Sometimes. Usually has to do with my interests. I like really cute/innocent things as much as I like dark/sad things and I feel like that makes me seem a bit weird to people (mainly family). As far as places, there were a couple of school clubs I felt out of place at because I hardly got to do anything in them and nobody kept things updated.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)
On 2019-11-29 at 10:45 PM, Dreambiscuit said:

If I fail to live up to someone else’s ‘coolness’ I consider myself a success. I’m me, let the rest of the world live up to my un-coolness. 

I think you're super cool, Dreamy. :wub:

Spoiler

I think you're special and a lot me too.

Spoiler

:mlp_smug:

Edited by TheRockARooster

Have always felt out of place my whole life, even with my family. 
I will say that I have more in common with my online pals than I do anyone I know in real life.

6 minutes ago, Rainbow Cloud said:

Kind of feel that way in lot's of places, seems like I'm always the outsider, misfit or contrarian wherever I go :D 

Same same

• Brohoof 2

• 5 months later...