Do you wear MLP clothing in public?

NyxTheShield

I posted in another thread but this thread seems like a better place to post this. I like this shirt:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/zendric/works/8121624-magic-sparkle?grid_pos=160&p=t-shirt&ref=shop_grid

I really like it in purple but I don't know if that would be considered too "girly" for lack of a better term. Would you think this is the case as I don't think I would wear it a ton if I got it in the purple color I like the most.

I only have 3 pony shirts (enough to get me through an average convention) but I do wear them in public because I don't really care what people think of me.

Absolutely I do!  I couldn't care any less what people think of me.  If they are the kind of people that judge someone based on a shirt they wear, or for that matter, a TV show that they watch, they aren't the kind of people that I care to associate myself with anyway.  Basically, with this logic, pony shirts become a natural kind of repellent for people I don't like. :smug: Not to mention, most of the time people don't give a flying feather about what a random stranger wears.

Edited by midnightlegacy
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Kinda. I only have two MLP shirts. I also have to work a lot, which involves getting dirty and sweaty most days. So, I'll wear one when my family goes out of town for a special occasion, which is usually once or twice a month.

(edited)

I just wore one of my pony shirt yesterday at the store.  i got a look and a 'nice shirt' i have no more qualms with ponies in public.  At least not anymore  B)

Edited by alpinefroggy

I used to back in my glory days in the fandom (late Season 2 through Season 3, so 2012-2013ish?) when I had invested a fair amount into the We Love Fine shirts... most of them are too old to wear now, so only one survives (a Fluttershy hoodie) and I can only really be assed to wear it at a pony con (no cosplay RIP).

• 4 weeks later...

I only have one and I do wear it. When somebody recognizes its an MLP shirt the interaction usually goes something like:

Them: Oh, Rarity!

Me: Yeah

Them: Are you a brony?

Me: Y-yeah

Not that I'm embarrassed by liking MLP or anything. Little interactions like this tend to just catch me off guard

I pretty much wear MLP shirts any time I go anywhere. :catface: Which is not too often really but whenever I go out, I am rockin' a pony shirt. I have a decently large collection of them so I could almost just wear those all the time. :P