Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you wear MLP clothing in public?

NyxTheShield

Yep, I do. I only have one, but I do wear it quite a bit. I'm not all that interested in getting anymore, however, unless I find one that looks cool.

Not particularly. I have a few times, but my perception of societal impressions has changed. Plus I'm not a fan of shirts with designs on them. Kind of screams "LOOK AT ME" in my eye. Plain clothes is fine for me. I have absolutely no reservations about wristbands or even MLP dog tags, which I have seen at Hot Topic, though.

Regarding the commentary on the first page and listing out all the strict republican southern states, I am just sitting here laughing because I live in Florida, the state farthest south (not including Texas) and, through a quirk of history, Florida is nothing like the rest of 'the South'. If I tell people I'm from the South, then say I'm from Florida, they will correct me saying "No, No. Florida is the North East." :eww:  At which point it is very hard not to pull out my phone and shove a map of the United States in their faces.

South location, but not attitude. Go figure, right?  :twi: 

Ahem. Anyway. Back on track now - I don't have any MLP shirts or clothes, simply because I haven't found anything outside of the children's department yet. Maybe online? Anyone know any good sites? - But if I had some, I would have no problem wearing them. Saying I love MLP gets me odd looks but what fun is there in life if not the enjoyment of making other people squirm for their own self-righteous ideals? I think it's a hoot.

Wear your clothes with pride, Bronies! They are the ones with the problems. Not you.  B)

• Brohoof 1

i do it when possible as i like to express myself but...i don't do it at school because you now school uniform and at formal things weddings and that type of stuff...i personally believe in the freedom to express one self through clothing just as long as it not rude or bad...........

Ahem. Anyway. Back on track now - I don't have any MLP shirts or clothes, simply because I haven't found anything outside of the children's department yet. Maybe online? Anyone know any good sites? - But if I had some, I would have no problem wearing them. Saying I love MLP gets me odd looks but what fun is there in life if not the enjoyment of making other people squirm for their own self-righteous ideals? I think it's a hoot.[/color]

Wear your clothes with pride, Bronies! They are the ones with the problems. Not you.  B)

www.redbubble.com has some great tees

WHO DOESN'T?!! I mean, come on....you gotta represent your Pony Pride! I have at least 12 different pony shirts from We Love Fine that I wear wherever I go! Well, provided its warm outside. I tried wearing an Applejack shirt in the winter season and holy hay seeds I froze to death. I had to duck into a bar and warm myself up with some cider. 

Anyways, I wear my pony swag whenever I can. Whether its a shirt, hat, or even a cosplay.

If I had any shirts - and I plan to get some soon (or make one - hmm) - then yes, I would. I'd probably wear a jacket over it and button it up most of the way. If anyone catches what's peeking out of the top, it should be a brony. And that would be epic.

Let me say, yes indeed I wear my shirts everywhere, and I am from Mississippi of all places. That does not stop me a have Pony pride so I care not what others think, besides I have more important thngs to think about, and not what someone thinks.  B) post-31415-0-17308100-1422614855_thumb.png

Edited by Poetic Stone
  • Brohoof 1

I would but if my dad found out he would troll me SO HARD...

And I live down south where men are prided on being "manly and tough". So if I did that people would call me things like a pussy and a faggot and God knows what else...

I would but if my dad found out he would troll me SO HARD...

And I live down south where men are prided on being "manly and tough". So if I did that people would call me things like a pussy and a faggot and God knows what else...

Out in public isn't so bad.  At most, you'll get double takes. I've never really had any bad experiences back when I'd wear them out in public more frequently.  Crowded places like malls aren't bad either, since people aren't really paying attention. But in any place where you're going to be with the same people frequently (school, work, etc.), definitely not advised.

And I'm from a rural part of SC where the number of Confederate flags per capita is pretty high.

Out in public isn't so bad.  At most, you'll get double takes. I've never really had any bad experiences back when I'd wear them out in public more frequently.  Crowded places like malls aren't bad either, since people aren't really paying attention. But in any place where you're going to be with the same people frequently (school, work, etc.), definitely not advised.

And I'm from a rural part of SC where the number of Confederate flags per capita is pretty high.

Not where I live. I've gotten bullied for far less...

I sadly don't have any Pony shirts even though I wish that I did...I live in Northern England so it would be mass suicide to wear any pony shirts in public.

(Only a handful of my closest friends know that I'm a Brony and they are okay with it.)

• 2 weeks later...

My MLP shirts are both fairly inconspicuous. People who aren't bronies generally don't even recognize them, so I never get weird looks from people. I wear them whenever I can, especially when I go to conventions. Next Sunday I'm hoping to wear my new shirt but if it hasn't arrived by then I'll simply wear my RBD 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat shirt. I'm pretty sure everyone here knows the one.

My new shirt is a black one with only Sunset Shimmer's cutie mark on it. I showed it to my parents and they had no idea it was from MLP.

Pretty much what the title says. Is there anybody here, who wears Pony shirts in public and everyday life?

I pretty much wear pony shirts almost everyday, except if i have to go somewhere where i have to look a bit neutral. I have no fear with wearing my stuff in the open and there was never anybody who insulted me for it.

it's always a tie between pony and poke'mon shirts. I guess it's a bit easier being a brony when you're female :/ so I don't have to worry about it

Wearing a Derpy shirt right now, wore it at work all day. I have four in total, but I have loads of band shirts and I like to wear too so it's hard to decide what I'll put on lol

Edited by BronySteel