Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you wear shoes in the house?

Dewdlz

Do you wear shoes in the house or do you take them off at the door? or if your feet get cold do you put them on?

I sometimes take my shoes off, if it's wet or muddy outside. If I wear my western boots then I usually don't because they're smooth on the bottom with no grips except on the heel.

• Brohoof 1

In The Wet Springtime

When Rain And Mud Swarm My Boots

Footwear Stays Behind

In The Hot Summer

When Warmth Abounds My Own Feet

Sandals Stray Not Far

In The Crisp Autumn

When Lost Leaves Flock To My Shoes

Footwear Is A Guest

In The Cold Winter

When Warmth Flees from My Own Feet

Slippers Shelter Toes

• Brohoof 1

Yes and no. I take them (and everything else) off if I'm not going anywhere for the rest of the day. Otherwise I just keep them on since it saves me time and effort.

When I go to other people's houses I leave them on at all times unless they specifically ask me to take them off.

I always have socks on though. Like...I couldn't be caught dead without socks unless I'm in the shower. I can't stand the look of the human foot. It's hideous.

• Brohoof 1

No way. I prefer a clean floor, meaning NO shoes because they make the floor all filthy. That'd disturb me a lot.  :confused:

A pony after my own heart.

No shoes indoors for me.  Ever.  Except Uggs when it's really cold, but they never leave the house, so it's ok.  My parents (particularly my dad) just tromp through the house with wet, flithly shoes.  It drives me insane.  Sometimes I want to beat them both with a bag of oranges.

But actually, on a related tangent, it's really healthy to go barefoot.  Strengthens foot muscles.  The vast majority of foot, ankle, knee, hip, and back problems can be atributed to modern footwear.  All the stiff, high arch support causes arch muscles to diminish, which in turn causes all sorts of posture and walking problems.  People should go barefoot as often as they can.  I have a friend who's really big into barefoot running.  That's a little much for me, and it's also not feasible most of the year where I live, as it gets very cold and snowy.  But I do love wearing my barefoot sandals when it's warm.  I have another friend who's just the opposite.  He can't stand being barefoot.  He wears steel-toed workboots all the time, even when he's relaxing and watching tv.  He'll take them off to shower, then put em right back on.  I wouldn't be surprised if he sleeps in them.  I can't understand it.  Being barefoot feel so nice.

I can't stand the look of the human foot. It's hideous.

I can understand that.  It's not great, typically.  I don't know why it evolved the way it did, with these gangly sort of toes that mostly just hang there being useless, and that pinky toe that usually faces a different direction than the rest and can barely move.  Why, evolution?  Why?!  But some feet are really pretty, though, I think.  It's just rare to find a good one.  (I actually really like mine.  I think they're one of my better features, odd as that sounds.)

• Brohoof 4

yeah. Sometime's I may decide not wear shoes.

But when you live in a house with cats or dogs or both then you're gonna wanna wear shoes or slippers. Especially at night when you gotta pee and you can't see.

Edited by JeremyDRay87
  • Brohoof 1

A pony after my own heart.

No shoes indoors for me.  Ever.  Except Uggs when it's really cold, but they never leave the house, so it's ok.  My parents (particularly my dad) just tromp through the house with wet, flithly shoes.  It drives me insane.  Sometimes I want to beat them both with a bag of oranges.

But actually, on a related tangent, it's really healthy to go barefoot.  Strengthens foot muscles.  The vast majority of foot, ankle, knee, hip, and back problems can be atributed to modern footwear.  All the stiff, high arch support causes arch muscles to diminish, which in turn causes all sorts of posture and walking problems.  People should go barefoot as often as they can.  I have a friend who's really big into barefoot running.  That's a little much for me, and it's also not feasible most of the year where I live, as it gets very cold and snowy.  But I do love wearing my barefoot sandals when it's warm.  I have another friend who's just the opposite.  He can't stand being barefoot.  He wears steel-toed workboots all the time, even when he's relaxing and watching tv.  He'll take them off to shower, then put em right back on.  I wouldn't be surprised if he sleeps in them.  I can't understand it.  Being barefoot feel so nice.

I can understand that.  It's not great, typically.  I don't know why it evolved the way it did, with these gangly sort of toes that mostly just hang there being useless, and that pinky toe that usually faces a different direction than the rest and can barely move.  Why, evolution?  Why?!  But some feet are really pretty, though, I think.  It's just rare to find a good one.  (I actually really like mine.  I think they're one of my better features, odd as that sounds.)

That doesn't even get to seeing people try to draw feet. People make feet even more ugly somehow when they try to draw them even a little realistically.

Then there's people with feet fetishes who have to accentuate the wrinkles on the bottom of the feet to an ungodly level. This sort of thing pops up more often than you'd think for someone who actively avoids it. Especially when looking up anthro MLP characters. Iv'e seen more than I care to.

And don't even get me started on toenail polish.... >____<

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I try to make a habit out of keeping my shoes off when I'm in my room/going for a midnight snack, though  :catface: I'll never go truly barefoot; my house is way too cold for that :P

Edited by Edwardo_Brony
  • Brohoof 1