Pastel

Are you happy with your sex?  

351 users have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with your sex?

• I'm happy to be male
    • I'm male but I wish I was female
    • I'm happy to be female
    • I'm female but I wish I was male

Yes, and thank god for that. I can't even imagine what it's like feeling like you were born the wrong gender. If I wasn't though, honestly I wouldn't get a sex change, I'd just be gay.

(edited)

Yes, and thank god for that. I can't even imagine what it's like feeling like you were born the wrong gender. If I wasn't though, honestly I wouldn't get a sex change, I'd just be gay.

Being transgendered and being "gay" isn't the same... You can be transgendered and still be straight or gay...

It does not mean you are necessarily into the gender you were born as... This is kind of hard to explain for me...

Edited by Velcorn

Being transgendered and being "gay" isn't the same... You can be transgendered and still be straight or gay...

It does not mean you are necessarily into the gender you were born as... This is kind of hard to explain for me...

If you were a guy trapped in a women's body though wouldn't it make sense if you were gay? Because presumably you want to be women, and therefore want to sleep with men, so you're just gay. Well, maybe I just don't get it, I've never had those thoughts or experiences so what do I know.

If you were a guy trapped in a women's body though wouldn't it make sense if you were gay? Because presumably you want to be women, and therefore want to sleep with men, so you're just gay. Well, maybe I just don't get it, I've never had those thoughts or experiences so what do I know.

Well, there are also transgendered people who just feel more like the opposite gender themselves but are still attracted to that gender nonetheless... Like a MTF transgender can still be into females...

• Brohoof 2

I wish the poll had more of a middle choice. I'm not very feminine but I'm also not too masculine either. I feel somewhere in the middle and like what I like. Although if someone peaked into my bedroom you might think a guy lived there.

• Brohoof 1

What if you always liked women, but dont like being a guy? Or what if you always liked guys, but never liked being a woman?

I was born a male but I prefer to be a female, so I am not happy with my biological sex.

I have some feminine traits and feelings ever since I was seven/eight years old in the form of clothing choice when I experimented with tights/stockings in my room and also tried some makeup, but my parents (strict) decided to rip me a new one as they say for not following the gender norms. It wasn't until my later years (teenage/adult) that those traits and feelings grew to the point that I came out as a male to female transgender last year much to the anger and disgust of my parents and some of my family.

For some odd reason I feel comfortable in mares's clothing, footwear and tights/stockings as it gives me a confidence boost and also drains away my stress/anxiety where as I feel depressed when I am in male mode. My transgender journey has also been derailed a few times with my parents trying to repair the damage and force me to be a male as they wanted.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts.

I feel for you. Luckily now you are an adult, and your path can be the one you choose. I find it sad that your parents will not love you for who you are, but only for what they think you are.

Best of luck

I think you're overcomplicating it with the whole "trapped in another body" thing (which isn't really what transgender means anyway). If you're a guy and you like guys, you're homosexual. If you're a guy and you like girls, you're heterosexual. It doesn't matter if you're transgender or cisgender.

I forget if I made a post within this thread but if I haven't, I'm comfortable with the gender I was designated at birth. That being said, I wish I could remove my uterus, not because it gives me gender dysphoria in any way but because I have no plans for giving birth so it serves as an inconvenience for me.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I actually once thought I should be male. I enjoyed the more male things and was a bit of a tomboy.

As I grew older, though, I settled. I'm happy with who I am, and I'm blessed to be happy with who I am. XD I hope that one day, those that need it are also happy with themselves!

• Brohoof 1

i am not happy with my biological sex. It gets so bad that i won't leave my house unless it's for school or something important and even then i skipped half of the school  year.. If i do go out side i am covered with so many coats and jackets that it is even uncomfortable in the winter. Everywhere i go i get anxiety just becasue i fear that people don't understand. I can't even tell people closet to me becasue i feel they will hate me and Even when they appear to still have understood and accepted i can't shake the feeling from my head that they hate me. Not only that i often feel very unwelcome even in my favorite fandoms. In the brony fandom as accepting as most bronies are. I still feel that i am pushed to be more masculine just to appear as male. In the Creepypasta fandom most of the fans are fangirls falling for ol' slendy so that doesn't make me look good when people are so judgmental and judge based on the few fans they may meet.  So to sum it all up people keep thinking gender=sex so it ruining my life by making me act certain ways when i don't want to. So i began to hate my sex and how i was born. when i really shouldn't.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I used to be genderfluid for the past couple of months but as of lately, I've been getting more and more depressed with my biological male body. Now I'm just sick of it. Life would have been so much easier for me socially if I were to have been born a female. I've always wanted to be in the all girls groups ... and I have tried multiple times throughout my early life but things immediately became awkward since I wasn't "one of them." I've always felt ugly despite what others have told me ... and I realize now it's because I've never felt like myself. I look at myself in the mirror ... and I don't look like myself. This isn't me ... it never was. 

Now it's time I take the first steps toward allowing my true colors to shine.

• Brohoof 4

I used to be genderfluid for the past couple of months but as of lately, I've been getting more and more depressed with my biological male body. Now I'm just sick of it. Life would have been so much easier for me socially if I were to have been born a female. I've always wanted to be in the all girls groups ... and I have tried multiple times throughout my early life but things immediately became awkward since I wasn't "one of them." I've always felt ugly despite what others have told me ... and I realize now it's because I've never felt like myself. I look at myself in the mirror ... and I don't look like myself. This isn't me ... it never was. 

Now it's time I take the first steps toward allowing my true colors to shine.

I'm speaking for all of us when I say this: we're here to support you.

Anyways, I asked myself this question through the last half of the school year, and I decided that I'm happy with being a guy.

• Brohoof 1

I'm way too cute, cuddly, weak, fragile, feminine, sensitive and unpredictable to be a guy. XD I really think that I should be female instead. Because I'm basically a girl trapped in a guy's body the way I am.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm not sure if I'm as dysphoric with my own gender as an average transgender would be, but if I had a choice to completely change my biological sex, I would choose to do so in a heartbeat. I'm not settling to go with the transgender route because I still wouldn't feel all that male even if the hormones change my appearance enough to look like a more feminine male.

I'm not going with the usual excuse for female dysphoria like periods, because It's much deeper than that. I don't enjoy being physically female in any aspect. I don't like my sexual reproductive role, my obvious gap in physical mass, I don't prefer my voice or my body shape either. It's just not for me.

The social stigma also really bothers me but I don't nearly account it nearly as much as physicality because It's not genuine nor does it mostly apply to me. 

I look at myself in the mirror ... and I don't look like myself. This isn't me ... it never was.

This is me right here. Not only do I feel like I'm not the gender I want to be, I also just generally hate the way I am if I were to pick desirable female standards as well. I'm very short, and pretty much the essence of what one would think an innocent small kid would look like. I look much younger than my actual age, and my appearance conveys nothing of my personality or who I am as a person. It's the worst.

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy
  • Brohoof 2

I'm happy being male because I'm lucky with how my body turned out but curiosity does get the best of me so i would of liked to experience both ends of the spectrum

If I had the chance I would like to temporarily like to turn into a girl to you know try certain things out but other than that I am glad to be a guy. 

I've always been the type to see the good in all things, and when it comes to circumstances that I have no control over, I can safely say that I'm happy to be as I am. Everything is a mixed bag and has its fair share of pros and cons, but I'm glad I'm female because the way I see it, I was meant to be that way. :)