Did you like it?  

278 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I can't believe how popular this episode is.  I give it 2 stars out of 5.  There's nothing you could really point to & say "this is bad", but little that is really good.

Seriously, the ponies are all at least in their late teens (IMO) & they've known Twilight for at least 2 years (depending on how long you think the 1st 3 seasons lasted).  They've got to be told that the way to cheer up T is with books? Are they really that clueless?

If it was me, I would have gotten the library from the destroyed Castle of the 2 Sisters & brought it in as a gift.

• Brohoof 2

why did they not think pf everypony decorating one room right away instead of cluttering everything together in one room *sigh*

Because half an episode of Twilight surreptitiously throwing out junk doesn't easily lend to a good story.

In character it's because everypony said "I know what makes me feel comfortable, therefore Twilight, who identifies with me, will also like it."

Why each of the mane 5 feel that way? 

Pinkie; thinks it, does it. 

RD & Rarity self involved (not selfish)

Fluttershy . . . because she's actually an extreme extrovert and can't understand anything else?  [with a ton of phobias preventing her from living her life as she would like]

Applejack . . . AWW COME ON, brain!  Maybe she's in denial that anypony could like anything but farm stuff due to post traumatic Manehatten syndrome? 

• Brohoof 2

Pinkie pie is weird, in that she shows both why she can be a good character and why she can be a BAD character IMO. At the start she was pretty good. her starting jokes were nice, and her diving for the pancake were funny. Unfortunately, the writers have a tendency to devolve pinkie's modus operi into "Pinkie screams, and that's the joke" more or less.

After about the first 5 or 10 minutes, she began to devolve more and more into just screaming things really loud, and she stopped being funny at that point; which I found really disheartening, because she had been a real asset to the episode at the start. (By comparison as well, I feel she was really good in the premier too since her jokes were her just talking rather than screaming-- there was Logic to her comedy, if that makes sense).

Eh, I just didn't think it looked good on Twilight. Maybe for dash, but it was too spikey IMO to fit twilgiht (or any of the other 5 for that matter) well.

That's true, sometimes she can be over the top to the point where it's just off putting and not funny anymore. I also noticed that she started out well but went downhill. I thought she was quite funny in the premier too :)

That's true, sometimes she can be over the top to the point where it's just off putting and not funny anymore. I also noticed that she started out well but went downhill.

Personally, I found her hilarious throughout. 

So far, she's back to season 2 levels.

I can't believe how popular this episode is.  I give it 2 stars out of 5.  There's nothing you could really point to & say "this is bad", but little that is really good.

Seriously, the ponies are all at least in their late teens (IMO) & they've known Twilight for at least 2 years (depending on how long you think the 1st 3 seasons lasted).  They've got to be told that the way to cheer up T is with books? Are they really that clueless?

If it was me, I would have gotten the library from the destroyed Castle of the 2 Sisters & brought it in as a gift.

I loved it, but mostly for the pancakes.  :lol:

Yeah, When the song started I thought "this is not going to go well." Did IQs drop sharply after season 4? Knowing how to decorate to Twi's likes is as easy as [insert countryism here].

Overall, I liked the episode. But there's was a whole lot of "c'mon" going down.

• Brohoof 1

While I completely understand the stretch of believeability in them not knowing Twilight's likes at first, it doesn't really take the episode down for me. Why? Because at the very least, I can get behind the fact they're trying to help. Yeah, they should probably know their friend better and collaborate more, but perhaps the idea of decorating for Twilight caught up to them and they didn't put those actual thinking caps on until later in the episode. It's an understandable and explainable conflict in that regard.

I really liked this episode, and honestly feel it was the best of Season 5. There's little things that they each do that feel significant to me (e.g. Rainbow taking off her posters and trophies to give to Twilight; consider the fact that those are probably really important to her, so while it may make us roll our eyes, for her personally it'd be an incredible gift for someone) and Pinkie Pie was actually pretty tolerable in this episode, not to mention while others may find the ornament that they did make strange, I thought it was downright beautiful to look at.

• 2 weeks later...

I was surprised to see Bulk Biceps works at the spa. When he said, "Let's do this little dragon" it almost look like a brother thing.

I'm sure Spike also has a brotherly bond with Big Mac and Shinning Armor as well.

I did not think the episode was really that special, it was ok in my humble opinion -_-. It had some great potential, I really liked how they were going with Twilight missing her Library, I loved the scene with Bulk Biceps, but they pretty much made it a joke, but I guess it was to maintain the interest of targeted audience ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...