Did you like it?  

273 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I liked the episode alot. First of all, it made reference to an idea I think should be fleshed out more (what would happen if a pony didn't like their cutie mark).

I also think Applebloom is best Bill Murray impersonator.

That just wouldn't happen. You can't get a cutie mark if you don't like it, that's not the point.

• Brohoof 1

This episode was all kinds of strange, but I enjoyed it. Now each of the Crusaders has had a personal encounter with Princess Luna, and I wonder if that will bear any significance later on. If I had a complaint about the episode, it was the lack of Babs. The fact that she has yet to make an appearance since season 3, combined with the fact that she now has a cutie mark, it seems like the writers are scrapping her character entirely, and a part of me feels that's a shame because she was a solid character. I was interested in seeing her own branch of cutie mark crusaders, but it doesn't seem like that will ever come to fruition now.

I loved Applejack's lullaby and got a huge chuckle out the return of chicken Pinkie. :pinkie: Decent episode, but I think season 5 has yet to blow me away.

• Brohoof 4

I just thought of a wacky headcanon:

Apple Bloom never wakes up from her dream for the rest of the season, meaning that everything else that happens in season 5 is part of her dream.

This could be used so that events that happen in season 5 that would break our headcanons won't matter, because they never happened. proud.png

Edited by MysteriousGrepper
  • Brohoof 3

This episode was all kinds of strange, but I enjoyed it. Now each of the Crusaders has had a personal encounter with Princess Luna, and I wonder if that will bear any significance later on. If I had a complaint about the episode, it was the lack of Babs. The fact that she has yet to make an appearance since season 3, combined with the fact that she now has a cutie mark, it seems like the writers are scrapping her character entirely, and a part of me feels that's a shame because she was a solid character. I was interested in seeing her own branch of cutie mark crusaders, but it doesn't seem like that will ever come to fruition now.

I loved Applejack's lullaby and got a huge chuckle out the return of chicken Pinkie. :pinkie: Decent episode, but I think season 5 has yet to blow me away.

I think I'd agree. The season has been good no doubt, but not epic yet. For Bloom and Gloom specifically, I liked it a little less than 100%. But that's only because I've never been a fan of the CMC ponies. The thing I liked most about the episode was the Twittermites. I mean, cmon, they were adorable, no?  :D

This episode is great. It made me an Apple Bloom fan again. I like it more than Sweetie Belle's or even Scootaloo's episode in the CMC + Luna trilogy. It's so smartly written, the nightmares so realistic and complex, that it takes Apple Bloom's character to a whole new level. I don't think it's a stretch to call it the CMC's best episode since 'The Cutie Mark Chronicles' because it addressed a real concern about them and said "yes, they will still be friends after one or all of them gets a cutie mark."

The fillies' VA's are getting older but doing their best, and I like how their maturing voices coincide with the more sophisticated themes the show has been exploring for the CMC.  :)

• Brohoof 4

Equestria Girls 2: Tacos.

Season 5: Pancakes.

Equestria Girls 3: Hot dogs.

Season 6: Pizza.

The Movie: Ice Cream Bars

• Brohoof 2

I didn't read through all 400 posts so I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet.

When Sweetie and Scoot kicked AB out of the club house door, did anyone else hear the faint horse sounds in the background? I thought it was pretty odd. 

Is this our first time seeing pony skeletal anatomy? I, for one, thought it was interesting to see how the animators picture the ponies skeletons. or maybe im just messed up

The Movie: Ice Cream Bars

Season 2 and 3: Cake.

(insert character limit here)

^^^this. And in Secret of my excess, when Twilight takes Spike to the Doctor. There's an x-ray of a hoof and leg on the wall in the background. ( sorry I don't know how to post a picture of this, or get one)

^^^this. And in Secret of my excess, when Twilight takes Spike to the Doctor. There's an x-ray of a hoof and leg on the wall in the background. ( sorry I don't know how to post a picture of this, or get one)

Oh no, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon are back. Happy for Babs though.

I notice some people are identifying stuff that doesn't make sense in this episode. Dreams are notorious for not making sense. And it's entirely possible that twittermites and pest ponies don't exist.

Loved this episode,it trolled me way too hard. i kept waiting for a reason Applejack was astonished NOT because Apple Bloom had a cutie mark, but it just got into more and more inception.

Also, I thought the S5 villian was Apple Bloom's shadow at first :P

The interesting thing about this episode is that this is the third episode where Luna has made an appearance in regards to one of the CMC having a problem they needed advice on. 

She helped out Scootaloo in "Sleepless in Ponyville" 

She helped out Sweetiebell in "For Whom the Sweetiebell Tolls" 

and now She's helped out Applebloom in "Bloom and Gloom" 

Where as the Mane Six probably have a closer relationship to Princess Celestia, it seems that the CMC might have a closer bond with Princess Luna. 

So, how many of you have already created a "Mischievous Luna" meme from this episode?

My two cents bits...

As soon as the episode got into that Inception like dream sequence, I kinda figured Luna would be just around the corner.

However, when Luna stated, "It's been a busy night for all of us." That got me wondering, is she implying that she has help guarding dreams or is she still having some trouble with the modern way of saying things.

I have to admit that on second viewing the episode appealed to me much more than it did the first time around. :)

This episode was something else. First time around I was like "well not the cutie mark I was expecting, but okay." then I got used to it only to realize it was a dream. Second cutie mark I thought "okay this is kinda weird, first one would've made the lesson of learning to love your cutie mark better" and that was a dream, at that moment I realized they were just messing with me and just watched the rest of the episode. Which was nice.

(edited)

Now that I have seen the episode, all i could say when i first saw the dream cutie mark is, "What the hay is that supposed to be?" I was lost there and then came the old stallion and made me say, "ohhh....geez that stinks.." Get it? cause her grandpa's name is Stinky? Nobody? aww, you guys are no fun. >_>  

And they brought back the two worst fillies you'll ever meet, i didn't think that would be the worst cutie mark. Can you imagine what would happen to them if she had control of her dream? Oh my god the lols. :lol: But joking aside, i feel the dream better represented the lesson, than the second one.

Edited by Candy Star