Did you like it?  

343 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

It reminded me of Spike's Rarity plushie.

I wonder how they got them.

You'd be surprised what you can get on ebay. LOL  :lol:

And yeah, I'll add myself as somepony that agrees Dashie was not out of character. She puts up a tough face but is a total sweetheart on the inside.  :wub:

• Brohoof 5

And yeah, I'll add myself as somepony that agrees Dashie was not out of character. She puts up a tough face but is a total sweetheart on the inside.  :wub:

Indeed; I thought Dash was very MUCH in character; being someone who is loyal and can be attached to someone.

I thought it was played out perfectly. <3

• Brohoof 2

The song was revealed on this episode!

It's absolutely winter like from "Hearth's Warming Eve" episode and getting tank to sleep. It's a story why Rainbow Dash was crying about?

How can you blame her for being loyal to her dear and loving pet? It would be out of character for her to shove it aside or not really care. 

Edited by Lunia
  • Brohoof 2

I was really surprised. I wasn't expecting much from an episode with Tank as the focus, but it hit me right in the feels. I'd feel the same way if my dogs had to leave for months at a time ><

I loved the little things in this episode too.

1. Dash's grinch face

2. Game of Thrones reference.

3. Whoes on First?

4. Tank has Rainbow Dash slippers. Rainbow Dash has Tank slippers.

Also, the song was great. Really pleased with this episode. Season 5 is off to an amazing start with these episodes.

• Brohoof 3

Thanks for the memories Tanks for the Memories!

What I liked:

The humor: This episode was like verbal slapstick and it was glorious

Fluttershy is good at Honesty but Applejack ain't good at Kindness

The Characters: Dash may be an eco-terrorist but we still love her!

Doctor Fluttershy confirmed!

What I didn't like:

NO Pancakes!

Ummm, the grey color palette and minimalistic background designs and even that's a stretch

What was Meh to me:

The GOT reference, a bit to wink at the camera for me.

The song, but then again none of the songs this season are really impressing me.

I find RD's characterization to be understandable, alebit a bit extreme. She's the element of loyalty, so she might end up showing a lot of loyalty to Tank. She cares for her pet a lot and isn't really an animal expert like Fluttershy. If anything, she probably knows the least about animals out of all the mane six. She was the last to get a pet, and she only got one because everyone of her friends had one.

• Brohoof 3

BEST EPISODE EVER.

No joke. My favorite episode out of the entire series right now. I totally relate to how Rainbow felt. I had to give up my cat (granted it was for good not just for the winter) but I cried so hard and that scene totally resonated with me. Rainbow is my spirit animal.

Also dat song was soooooo great!

Clearly i must've lost my soul between my laptop and the TV, i'll try to find it later but...i din't find her crying and whining about her pet hibernating sad. At all.

Fluttershy's going and basically pointing out 'get over it, its what turtles do' basically hit the nail over the head for me.

Then everyone started crying at the end because Rainbow was crying.     

:maud:

Well, crying solves all problems, and negates the fact that you tried to "stop winter"(lol wut), and sabotage the water supply, possibly hurting or killing some animals or ponies.  :maud:

Perhaps it was about acceptance in the end, accepting that Tank is a fucking turtle...and does turtle related things..like Fluttershy tried to explain in the first 5min.

You'd figure that would've been a easier road to accept for Rainbow.

But, nothings ever so easy when you need to make a episode about it, is it. 

:nom:  

• Brohoof 2

Okay, few things: 1.) I can see the avalanche (no pun intended) of Grinch jokes now. 2.) MLP was the LAST show i expected to reference Abbot and Costello. 3.) What is everyone going on about a "Game of Thrones" reference? All Twilight said was winter is coming. nothing out of the ordinary. and 4.) tough tomboyish Rainbow Dash bawling over her pet going to SLEEP which is perfectly natural? Way to keep your cast in character, Cindy.  >_> -_- Yes, having to say goodbye to a pet is sad, even if it is for a short time, but we know Dashie is tougher than this.

but dash won't see tank again for MONTHS, it's not like she is upset over him taking an hour nap here, she is going to miss him and won't see him for months on end.

• Brohoof 2

This episode reminded me of when my mother lost her daughter to cancer a few years back...Dash was very reminiscent to her in this instance...

• Brohoof 2

Also, Fluttershy causing Rainbow to cry may at first seem OOC, but it make sense that Fluttershy needed Rainbow to let her tears out. The tears that have been unhealthily held in. In my experience, I found that letting the tears out (usually in the privacy of my room) helps lead me to acceptance and the hope that things will get better. It may take time, but things WILL get better.

I've said before that out of the Mane 6, Rainbow's the least like me; being athletic when I'm not. But what's she has gone though this episode, I completely understand what's she going through.

First, "Testing Testing 1, 2, 3" and now "Tanks for the Memories". These episode show the least-in-common-with-me Rainbow Dash actually does have things in common with me.

• Brohoof 1

This was not an OOC episode. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_98cQSl9M8

I agree. I don't think Dash likes being alone at all. I think she just really got used to having Tank around. She tends to get a "a little weird" when things aren't to her liking from time to time.

The good news for her is that there's a good chance that she won't have to worry about him dying anytime soon since he will most likely outlive her... :wau::confused:

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 3

This episode reminded me of when my mother lost her daughter to cancer a few years back...Dash was very reminiscent to her in this instance...

it was a very "tank is dying" kind of episode without him actually dying,i know thats how i react when my animals die

• Brohoof 2

but dash won't see tank again for MONTHS, it's not like she is upset over him taking an hour nap here, she is going to miss him and won't see him for months on end.

Sigh.. I'm pretty sure by the next episode, it'll be spring or summer again in Ponyville again. It's going to be fine. and seriously, constructing a timeline for this show is unnecessary.  

I didn't get to watch much so I'm not staying in this thread long but I cought enough to say this...

Are they going to put a song in EVERY EPISODE NOW!

Not that it wasn't good, but COME ON, to me it just subtracts from story telling time

Chill, there is 15 songs this season, there was 16 last season.

Rainbowdash started to cry at the end there, the others did too...and then I actually cried. My gosh, that was the first time I ever legitimately cried during an episode. This episode...I swear...was just...AWESOME! The song, all the Rainbowdash, the feels, everything! SO GOOD! <3 Thanks for the episode.

Edited by Felix
  • Brohoof 4

Just gonna throw this out there....If Equestria ever needs to actually go to war...they basically have a mini Death Star..

GriffinStone has declared war on Equestria

"TO WAR , MY GRIFFONS, wait, is that Cloudsdale? OH NO, BRACE YOURSELVES"

• Brohoof 2

How can you blame her for being loyal to her dear and loving pet? It would be out of character for her to shove it aside or not really care. 

I get the feeling that even if she tried to act like she didn't care she'd just end up breaking the facade anyways. We all knew how much she really cared when she kept snuggling tank when nopony was looking. And that was like...seasons ago.  :)

• Brohoof 1

Make like Elsa and let it go! The plot hole never bothered me anyway.

Don't care about Frozen, but that's beside the point. Just because it doesn't bother you personally doesn't change how it affects the believability of this episode. The one line opened a major gap in its continuity because it directly conflicts with Hearth's Warming Eve. It's a small line with major implications.

It didn't stop the song from being awesome; it didn't stop Dash's expressions from being hilarious and memorable! and it certainly didn't change the ending!

Alone, something like the song would be really good. But when connected to the overall narrative, the expressions, song, and feels do stop being awesome. Why? Because that continuity error affects every single action from Dash afterwards. The song, her desire to stop winter from coming, her gross stupidity and recklessness, and overall out-of-characterization. Ever since season two, the timeline is in direct continuity from one episode to the other. May the Best Pet Win took place early in season two, and HWE aired not long after.

In other words, Tank would've been Dash's pet at this point, so she should've experienced this at least once before. Plus, Fluttershy has been around other animals who have hibernated. Dash knows better than this, and she's matured greatly over the years, so she should've behaved as such.

Besides, the majority of episode take place during the Spring or Summer. Only a few episodes took place during the fall or winter. And when did they say the episodes within the same Series season HAD to take place in order.

That still doesn't justify her actions.

This was not an OOC episode.
No. What made Dash out of character is the approach to not wanting to be alone. Considering her one of her closest friends is around animals all the time, Dash should understand how hibernation works. Her actions throughout the episode are completely stupid considering the circumstances.

This episode was supposed to parallel mourning a pet. One problem. Tank was sleeping. He's not dead. He's going to wake up, and Fluttershy pointed this out to her early in the first act.

If they gave Dash a very strong reason why she didn't want Tank to hibernate (i.e., Tank got sick during hibernation or after he woke up), it would make sense. Instead, this episode plays with "just because," making the entire episode contrived. This episode was supposed to bring out the feels, but only brings out headaches instead.

• Brohoof 6

On a little sidenote.

We're now 5 Episodes in and i think Season 5 is looking great so far. If this keeps up and if we more episodes like these, this will be the best season ever, hands down.

• Brohoof 4

This episode was far more awkward than it was touching for me. Perhaps if we'd seen more affection between RD and Tank prior to this episode, it would have been more heartfelt. Furthermore, Rainbow's actions just didn't seem anywhere near justifiable enough. How many million bits worth of damage did she cause to Cloudsdale's weather factory just to prevent her pet from hibernating?  :okiedokielokie:

The scene in Rainbow's bedroom was just plain uncomfortable, though I like the fact that Fluttershy knew what had to happen for Rainbow to feel better, mostly because I love me some FlutterDash friendshipping. :grin2:  

That being said, I'm really glad Applejack didn't cry. Then Twilight would have made them all look like immature idiots, as usual. 

• Brohoof 4