Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Imagine you were back in 2005

Zantetsuken

(edited)

The OP does not state that time travel was involved, folks.  So, while that is one possible way to look at it, it's not how I took it when I read the OP, nor how 10 year old me would take it.

Clearly this man is a gypsy.

gypsy_pinkie_pie_by_skullyizzy-d4t1xqb.p

---

Anywho...

To be quite honest, I really don't know how 10 year old me would react.  Often, when I was younger, if I was in the TV room watching cartoons, I'd watch nearly anything, which means that I would watch the Power Puff Girls.  Of course, if I heard anyone walking in the hallway coming to the TV room, I had my backup plan!  The "last" button on the TV switch (or, if you prefer, "remote").  I would have another channel with another cartoon playing I could switch to.

Yeah yeah, I know: "What's wrong with watching the Power Puff Girls?"

Nothing!

But I was too afraid to let mom and dad find out.  Just as I am now with MLP; a closet brony.

Thing is, when I was 10, I didn't know that MLP was a TV show.  I only knew there was toys...

So, if some random guy told 10 year old me I'd watch My Little Pony, my best guess would be this:

"I hate those commercials."

LOL  :lol: 

I mean seriously!  I can't stand them still to today (referring to the toy commercials).

---

Ten years?
Don't be silly!
2005 was only a year ago-- oh. 

Anyway, I was 8 in 2005 so I would have been like: "yeah that's about right"

Oh, Destiny... I can't tell you how much that concept rings true for me.  It used to happen to me all the time, I'd forget what year it was.  Time flies.   :bedeyes: 

~ Miles

P.S.  That reminds me...  I still can't believe my sophomore year of college is nearly over.  I still feel like I could be sophomore in high school sometimes.  It's crazy...  Heh, I'll never grow up  :twi:

Edited by Miles
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Ma-ia-hii! Ma-ia-huu! Ma-ai-hoo! Ma-ai-haha! Ma-ia-hii! Ma-ia-huu! Ma-ai-hoo! Ma-ai-haha!

numa-numa-guy-o.gif

Ma-ia-hii! Ma-ia-huu! Ma-ai-hoo! Ma-ai-haha!

Edited by Art Thief
  • Brohoof 2

I doubt my younger self would really mind it too much, since he wasn't exactly the most masculine or normal eight year old around. x3 And I'm pretty sure I was okay with watching The Powerpuff Girls at that age, plus I'd be quick to accept that MLP could be as interesting and awesome as that. Though the MLP ads I would have seen back then may have got me worrying a little... :please:

I've always liked girly things (I was still a tamagotchi fan at the time), so I would have said "Eh, that's not impossible."

I was a ten years old at this time, I'd be like, "Hell no I wouldn't."

2005 was the year I lost my grandmother, became a troublemaker in school, destroyed my sister's pony toys, and when I first entered the furry fandom upon introduction to the internet.

Crazy time that was.

I suppose I would have delved deeper into MLP (not knowing it as anything more than a commercial on TV about pony toys with mane you can brush), and probably thought 'wow this is really cool' when watching MLP: The Movie with Danny Devito as Grundle King. 

Of course, I could very well have just ignored the ramblings of a stranger, and finished my homework like a good little lad.

I was on 6th grade back then....it's quite hard to say how would I react, maybe not completely negative since I remember liking My Little Pony Tales when I was little. But it could well be that my elementary school self would still be a bit more like "THAT girly stuff?, Nnnope".

I'm not sure if this thread has been made yet and since I'm to lazy to search right now I'm just gonna do it 

so Imagine its 2005 your relaxing outside then some guy comes along and says to you

"10 years from now you will be a huge fan of my little pony"

what would you have done or said to this man is response? 

Find out all I could about My Little Pony, and make fanfics of the episodes significantly before they released.

I was 10 years old in 2005 and remember seeing quite a few commercials for My Little Pony toys at the time and of course it was all girly and everything. So 10-year-old me would freak out or laugh.

So this guy is just some dude?  Not me from the future?  Is this guy a time traveler, or does he just have a prophecy from the future?  Is this My Little Brony: Days of Future Past?  Well, unless he could give me some good evidence that he really is from the future, or knows the future, then I'd probably just ignore him and walk away.  If he could convince me, then I'd try to found the community myself, thus creating an awesome stable time loop.  Hopefully I'd be regarded as some kind of prophet, and I would dress in Starswirl robes.

(edited)

Actually 10 years ago I was into everquest and anime.  I'd probably get a chuckle if I was told that equestria would be EQ because that is the same as everquest.

20 years ago I was into babylon 5 and gargoyles.

Edited by silvadel
  • Brohoof 1

I'd believe it. I've never been the type to hate something when I'm not the intended audience. I watched things like Dragon Tales and JJ the Jet Plane for years. Granted that was mostly circumstantial but I liked it nonetheless. Did the same with Teletubbies.

Something along the lines of a plain "no" so as not to embarrass myself in front of my class mates, I'd then ask him/me what the future bionicles look like.

Are Bionicles still a thing? I never quite got into them but I thought they died with the 90s and early 2000s.

(edited)

Back in '05 I was 16 so I would have been like "okaaaaay?" :huh:

When the guy left I would have been like Scootaloo in Lesson Zero. :lol:

post-24370-0-57014000-1431184723_thumb.png

Edited by Cirrus.

5 year old me was into Care Bears...

Not sure I'd be too shocked cx

Cool!!! I used to love Care Bears!!! But I haven't watch it for a long time...

I was five at that time so I probably blink at him and ask, "What's a My Little Pony?". Or maybe laugh...

• Brohoof 1