Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What your thoughts on ponies licking each other on the face?

Singe

38 users have voted

1. 1. Should FIM bring back pony licks to the face?

• Yes.
    • No.

(edited)

I seen a clip of an old MLP episode where one pony licked another on the face. Then I see it absent from FIM minus Pinkie Pie licking food.

Edited by Singe

image.png

You really want to dumb down gen4 into being like the cringe fest that was gen1?

FIM ponies are not like regular ponies, their basically four legged humans. A lick on the cheek would not be seen as innocently as it was back then when they were just talking animals.    

• Brohoof 5

This would actually be pretty funny in an episode where a villain cast a spell on Equestria that made all the ponies forget who they are and behave like real ponies. If they're not licking each other, they're neighing over the dumbest things, grazing all day in a field and crapping everywhere.

Otherwise, no.

• Brohoof 3

That would be pretty cute! By the looks of things it would cause an explosion of likes and dislikes and drama, but to be honest it wouldn't be as big a deal as people think. I mean take something like Feeling Pinkie Keen or some other early innocent season 1 episode, imagine if THAT aired today. People would freak a bit.

Is this really what you want?

spike_zps76b925ae.jpg

In concept, an animal licking another animal on the face is cute, but the ponies have too much depth and emotional intelligence for it to seem anything but gross. If the show wasn't so well developed, it might be ok, but the cast is too "humane" for it to work.

• Brohoof 4

They should do whatever, it'd be pretty funny. I'd prefer stuff like this though  :P

instead of licking each other, just like poking tongues out at each other, and then spike tries it and sets fire to the newly built library they build in the season finale.

Err, I would love it because omg Fluttershy licking Rainbow Dash?! So adorable!

Yet cloppers and fetishy people will have something else in mind  :okiedokielokie: ...

(edited)

I think its cute.... though its kinda odd especially since their kind kiss..... its the equivalency of your lover licking your face.... the reaction is mixed

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame

(edited)

I'd love to see that. There should be a whole episode about it called "Tongue Fetish" written by Dave Polsky.

it was 3am when I posted this

why did I post this

and why Dave Polsky

Edited by PonyLaces
  • Brohoof 1

That looked very innocent in G1 but I'm sure it'll rub a lot of people the wrong way if it happened now...

FIM ponies are not like regular ponies, their basically four legged humans.

... for that reason.

The ponies of G4 are far more anthropomorphic than the ones from G1. Everything they say and do comes across as very human and very relatable. Seeing Twilight lick Rarity would come across as... strange, just like when seeing two people lick. Makes you shift your eyes and wonder "okay... what's going on here?"

I think the reason why it worked in G1 is because for starters, their faces are less anthropomorphic than the pony faces of G4. This is what the pony Twilight looked like in G1
thumb.jpg

This is Twilight in G4 style

thumb.png

So tell me, which of the two's face looks more human?

The other important thing is the atmosphere. In G1, there was a strong feeling of it being a fantasy world and you believe the characters to be ponies insted of human. Adding to that was the presence of an actual human which further gets people to believe that the ponies really are talking ponies. That's the reason I think ponies could lick one another as a sign of affection and look innocent and natural while if that happened in G4, it'd be weird.

• Brohoof 3

It would never happen because love is not much of a thing in FiM, but I could see it working only as a cute way to show affection, between two characters that actually love each other. I could see that being something, I also see it never happening. We've not seen a whole lot of 'loving' relationships in the show so who knows, that could be one way they show affection. :derp:

Hmmm... It seems as though nobody remembers the scene in Return to Harmony, Part 2 when Big Mac licked Twilight's face. I know he was under Discord's infuence, but thought it was still worth mentioning.