Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The MLPF Smile Song Project

Jeric

I wish everyone participating good luck :). I myself won't be participating (even though being pressured by someone here on the forums (@Lightwing  :ph34r:)). Have fun :D

Do it. Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it! DO IT!!

Im a bit confused XD do i post a link to me singing the song as a comment? Or can i direct message it to you...?

email or PM works. 

jeric@poniverse.net is the email. 

Do you want us to sing the whole song or just what you've posted in the instructions?

That snippet I posted is an example of those that are nervous about their vocal quality. That said, I can tell you that it is really up to you, but the more of the song the greater the selection I have to work with in editing. My preference is to sing as much as you can. :)

So what do i do, i read the instrutions so what do i do?

Record yourself singing Smile and send me the file. 

• Brohoof 1

Wait~ Can instrumentals also be sent in?

Like I play the Violin, so can I send in audio of me playing my violin and you cut out parts that you don't want?

You done stole my idea. I was also going to try my bow at playing this on my violin. What am I going to do now, play it on the bagpipes?

• Brohoof 4

Maybe I should do it on my cello...

You done stole my idea. I was also going to try my bow at playing this on my violin. What am I going to do now, play it on the bagpipes?

Yeah! Maybe a mini orchestra! 2 Violins and 1 Cello!  :lol:

If I can persuade my brother, he can play the Viola part!  :squee:

What do you guys think?

• Brohoof 3

I've been working on getting the song down so I can assault mesmerize you all with my singing. You can expect a sound file from me at some point, Jeric :)

Since something is being done with OCs, can I assume that we'll all have our parts labeled so that we know who's singing when in the finished product?

• Brohoof 2

That was a hint to an unrelated project. sig-3886223.post-25189-0-68306400-142391

*rereads original post*

Oh, so it is. Huh... Well then... If you need me, I'll be hiding in a hole somewhere >_<

Yeah! Maybe a mini orchestra! 2 Violins and 1 Cello!  :lol:

If I can persuade my brother, he can play the Viola part!  :squee:

What do you guys think?

That actually sounds really fun! 8D

I might not be able to do it though. Going on vacation for 3 weeks soon, and I need to do it when my parents are out of the house. And I don't think I'm going to get a chance at it... :(

• Brohoof 2

Oooh!  I love singing! I love music! Pickmepickme!

:confused:

Ahem. 

Question, however: do you have sheet music for the harmonies at the end of the song, where things start getting epic? They would really help flesh out that part and contribute to the "epicness." If you haven't, I can return to the source material and write them up (faithfully or with with some artistic flair, your choice). I did some did some composing back in my choir days (still do, in fact), so I can help you out a little, here.

• Brohoof 2

The "Smile" song is I heard from the episode "A Friend In Deed", I sing just a little by little with my mind. I use to record this song with a trumpet in B-flat sound using Finale.

Well that's not a bad idea with this project, mister.  :)

Did you sing with a trumpet playing in the background? Or did you record this for your entry? I don't know what Finale is..

• Brohoof 2

Did you sing with a trumpet playing in the background? Or did you record this for your entry? I don't know what Finale is..

Finale uses to make and write music with favorite instrument recordings. I'm using a Trumpet entry to record this song.  ;)

• Brohoof 1

I like the sound of this! :P Reckon I can contribute. Does it matter how much of the song we sing?

• Brohoof 1