Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Annoying cashiers at GameStop

Deidre Asada

Has this ever happened to you before when ever you go into a GameStop to purchase a product or a video game from them.

Moderator's Note: There used to be a video here, but its language was edging inappropriate territory, so I edited it out. However, this thread is still open to continue the discussion of your annoying experiences with cashiers at Gamestop.

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough
Inappropriate video removed.
  • Brohoof 4

All the time. I payed like $2 extra so they would shut up about their stupid product guarantee, and I have never ever had a game ruined to the point where I can't play it, so it was a waste of $2

(edited)

The cashiers in the Gamestop that I go to are nice but they are annoying and I understand its there job but every time I buy a game from them they always tell me if I want to buy their power up reward card or if I want to pre order a used game it just gets really annoying at time.

I just wanna know if any one in here had any problems from Gamestop before when ever they bought something from them is all.

Edited by LuthianDracul

I'm not really bothered by them, seeing as how I rarely buy any games unless if I'm in the mood to buy one of the games that interests me. Plus, the cashiers are pretty good from where I live.

Never really been bother that much by the employees at a GameStop before, even when they try to sell me crap I don't need. No, what bothers me the most is how annoying some of the other customers can get.

Welp, sorry to say, but that video is kind of inappropriate and pushing the edge for the forums with its language. So I've edited it out.

However, you guys can continue to discuss annoying cashiers at Gamestop. I'll leave this thread open for that.

Welp, sorry to say, but that video is kind of inappropriate and pushing the edge for the forums with its language. So I've edited it out.

However, you guys can continue to discuss annoying cashiers at Gamestop. I'll leave this thread open for that.

Ok thank you my apologies for posting the video if it offended any one.

Can I interest you in a buttf*king? (: Gamestop does do this alot. I just wanted to buy a game, and they try to make me sign up with all these dumb subscriptions. I did ask one of the employees about why they have to ask us all these dumb things, and they told me they don't like asking people to sign up for stupid subscriptions but their job requires them too now. ;p

I think everyone greatly exaggerates this for little reason.

Yeah they make you an offer or something when you buy a game but I don't understand the hissy fits and colorful stories that come up when people recount the events.

"They ruined Gamestop!", "They keep offering me stuff...make it stop!".

It's really not that big a deal, it's just usual business. Nothing to complain about...at least not the level of absurd complaining that people do on the internet.

• Brohoof 1

I work there, and My manager makes me offer the Powerup card, and the subscription but that's it. I get commission for every person that either signs up for a card, or a magazine subscription so of course i'm going to offer it, but I don't shove it down anyone's throat. Plus the card is actually really great if you're a frequent buyer, I have one, and I have enough points to get 2 new release games at a value of $60 each. The magazine... eh I don't care for it... lol

GameStop cashiers haven't been all that annoying for me. When they try to push they're stuff they're just doing their job. As Little Miss Fluttershy said, they probably hate asking those questions too. They probably feel like telemarketers when they ask all those questions.

I did go in on Black Friday after having seen an ad saying that used Wiimotes were half price, and I went to 3 different GameStops that afternoon to get one, and at all 3 of them the employees didn't even know about the sale. At the last one I went to (the one that actually had a white Wiimote) one of the cashiers was like, "Yeah, the guys over at the mall GameStop are a bunch of jerks." I was like, "...kay whatever. Don't know what warranted that comment or what makes you guys any better, but whatever."

The local gamestop here is full of bros. In fact, if I have a 10-15 minutes to spare, and am in the area, I'll often go to gamestop just to chill and discuss games with the employees. There are two guys who seem to have exactly the same tastes as me RPG wise, and between us, we've gotten several random people in the store to get into Shin Megami Tensei just by talking about it :)

I already have a power up card, so I don't get asked that, but they do offer game protection, which I politely decline.

Seriously, guys, don't knock 'em because they try to upsale. They have to do it. Just like how I have to offer egg rolls and a medium soda to every customer. I feel like a dick, but I have to do it.

• Brohoof 2

They coerced me once into buying one of their Edge Cards or whatever they call it now. :(

Oh well, the GameInformer that came with it almost made it worth it.

They coerced me once into buying one of their Edge Cards or whatever they call it now. :(

Oh well, the GameInformer that came with it almost made it worth it.

But GameInformer sucks horribly. The discounts, bonus trade in, and extra deals are what make it worth it.

But GameInformer sucks horribly. The discounts, bonus trade in, and extra deals are what make it worth it.

I bought a total of 2 games with that Edge Card before it expired, so....yeah.

GameInformer's humor I find quite nice, actually.

Has this ever happened to you before when ever you go into a GameStop to purchase a product or a video game from them.

Yeah dude, I hate when I go to Gamestop and mods edit my purchase.

Joking aside, Gamestop isn't the best of places anyway. Most of the people I've encountered there think they know more about gaming than anyone and tend to be bias about what you're buying.

• Brohoof 1

The only times I've gotten a little annoyed is when I'm with my boyfriend and I'll be talking about a game I want with him, and the employee will come up and pretty much ignore me and talk about whatever game it is with him even if he has no idea what they're talking about. Or at the counter when we are getting a game to play together, even if I'm paying for it, they won't make eye contact with me and talk about it strictly with him. But they are always super sweet and helpful and nice there, so I've got no other complaints. I don't mind them trying to offer me things because you have to do that with every retail job.

• Brohoof 1

I hate it when I'm trying to return a game, but they say, "Oh sorry, but it's been opened."

"But I just bought it," I say.

"Sorry, but I can give you another copy of the same game for that!"

They then proceed to give me an unopened copy. Then I say, "I'd like to exchange this unopened copy for another game, please."

And it usually works.