Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

12 Reasons Why Your Favorite is Best Pony

Deidre Asada

Rarity was my favorite pony right from the start, and still is, and it was from all of those reasons that you've listed.  I for one love her overreactions to just the silliest things, like losing the measuring tape for example.  I've always found them hilarious, a blast to watch, and just downright adorable sometimes, and how those moments are delivered from St. Germain is always just top notch and fantastic.  Rarity also sings like an angel, I love all of her songs, her episodes are my favorite, she pulls off some of the funniest faces (Sisterhooves Social), and she's purty Spongebob.  Man, I want lots of Rarity episodes in Season 4, she really didn't get that much screen time in Season 3 in my opinion.

I've said this time and time again

Rarity is the most balanced of all the characters

Witty, Charming, Serious and even Vain

Shes an artiest and likes to be the center of attention but when it comes down to it she knows what's what and she's had to swallowed a great deal of pride

Rarity is one of those whom you have to look past what you see on the outside. Because its that more subtle side that's not shown as often that makes her one of the best characters in the show

I love Rarity for her voice and her creative beautiful dresses! She is the most BEAUTIFUL ponies in all of Equestria, not saying the ONLY pony, and her hair is just insanely remarkable! In the episode, "Sisterhooves Social", she was really stubborn at Sweetie Belle when she wanted to attend to the Sisterhooves Social, but Rarity declined her request. But it the end, she had fun playing with her, regardless of her fear of mud.

(edited)

Rarity was my favorite from the beginning and probably will always be! I understand so much of her character. We are both Fashion Designers...and to some may seem over dramatic. (at Face value)

but there is so much that meets the eye.

Out of all the characters she seems the most humanized and deep and all around a well written character. She has her flaws and talents, dreams, but here is where it gets me angry by not only certain fans of mlp but society in general....When a character is girly or feminine...She is considers weak, materialistic...Sadly our society still thinks of femininity as weak..Just because I love the color pink, wearing dresses, heels, getting my hair and nails done...and dreaming of marrying my prince someday doesn't make me less then.

I often hear that Rainbow dash is so cool, strong and a tomboy...There is nothing wrong with that and she is a strong individual but I think people often think of her as such only due to her being more masculine and never think of that for Rarity...This world has types of strengths and there is nothing wrong with being feminine or masculine...I just wished Femininity was thought of as highly.....

Also due to Rarity's stereo type (what seems the haters only like to look at) Is that she is always some selfish bitch. For example look at the episode Sweet and Elite...People look at her not wanting to attend Twilight's birthday as something horribly wrong...Look at the big picture. Rarity has always dreamed of this society and now has her chance. It will help her career with design as she could get more clients who could get her even more clients(In our industry we have to do a lot of public relations to get our designs out there) This is something she has looked forward to! and I'm sure if she explained to her friends...her friends understand her dreams and probably would have supported her. I'm sure if Rainbow Dash had a chance to be with the wonder bolts she would be in the same situation. Same with the other mane six and their dreams.

I also hate when people see Rarity's talent for Fashion Design as useless...I'm in the same field and it's anything but useless. We are both Artists  and fashion is our platform. We tell our dreams, fears, desires, beliefs  in the clothing we make. there is nothing more special then seeing someone feeling beautiful in the dress that we make. If you open any fashion magazine right now you can see what is going on in this world..Politically, culturally and everything in between due to fashion...Without Fashion where would we be? Think of cartoons. With out the Designs of the characters how could we know and recognize who they are and the message they are trying to convey.

I love so much of Rarity's episodes...They are very life like and deep. Rather your into fashion or not I think you can learn so much.

Edited by GlamourDolly
  • Brohoof 6

(edited)

And I would argue that Rarity is one of the smartest ponies If not thee smartest more so then Twilight *oh I know I'm gonna catch flak for that.*

But here's why

First off, Twilight is extreamly intelligent, but there's an old saying. There are two kinds of smarts. There Book smarts *which Twilight excels at* and there's good ole horse sense * no pun intended* or common sense if you prefer. And *to me* Twilight lacks that

Rarity has both, and has proven it time and again. She just has a tendency to let her vanity get the better of her

And its not that I think the others are dumb, far from it. But its all about balance. And Rarity is the most balanced character in the show

*IMHO*

Edited by Argumedies

First of all, what GlamourDolly said.  We could use more creative and distinctive artists in clothing design, especially for men.

In response to arguments that her acquisitive tendencies make her a poor Element of Generosity, I've thought about it and come to the opposite conclusion.  Given her name and cutie mark, she could very easily have been a treasure-hunter, all about glomming onto jewels and curling around her hoard like Smaug.1  And older, greedier Diamond Tiara.  Instead, she took up a career only tangentially involved with crystals and gemstones, and incorporated the things she prizes most into her designs.  These she more often than not gives away.  To put it another way, Rarity has to struggle against her less salutary cravings for jewels and treasure in order to manifest the virtue of her Element.  In a sense, this makes her more generous than she'd be if she was some utterly non-materialistic Mother Teresa type who easily gave away everything that came her way and lived in voluntary poverty.  Rarity doesn't just give stuff away to be generous, she also has to practice an inner giving, the surrender of her natural acquisitive tendencies.  She's not perfect at this, of course, but that's how we know that this inner struggle goes on.

Note:

1. It's interesting in this light, that the only canon ship in the show is between Rarity and a dragon, and that Spike shares with her (on an even greater scale, pardon the pun) a need to sacrifice inclinations to acquisitiveness in order to remain joined with his friends.

• Brohoof 1

I like Rarity because she's artificial.

And that's not an insult.

Rarity is a pony who basically built herself from the ground up. She doesn't have great magical talent, record-breaking speed, ability to speak to animals, Pinkie Sense, or an established family business. What Rarity has? She worked for it. 

She's an actress. Rarity dramatizes everything, putting her own little oompth into even the most everyday of statements. She affects not only her accent, but her emotions, too. She'll put on a happy face so that her friends don't realize that she's unhappy with their dress designs, or that they were sabotaging her attempts to fit in high society. Her entire image is something she made herself, deliberately.

Her entire career is based on making ponies more beautiful than they naturally are. I've always loved the references to her wearing false eyelashes, because it's such an apt metaphor for Rarity herself. She also wears light blue eyeshadow, another bit of artificial beauty. There have been a lot of references in this thread to Rarity's mane and overall appearance, most of which requires a lot of maintenance on her part. Rarity made herself beautiful.

Rarity doesn't think "Be true to yourself", she thinks "Be the pony you want to be". She's artificial. And that's great.

• Brohoof 5

Very thought-provoking, Stellafera.  Plenty have noticed Rarity's entrepreneurship, but she really does take the concept of "self-made" pony in a thoroughgoing way.  She didn't just go, "Whelp.  I have a talent for finding gems, and my cutie mark is diamonds, so I guess I'll try and start the Equestrian deBeers cartel.  Unlike a lot of ponies for whom cutie mark = destiny, she made her own destiny.

• Brohoof 1

Howdy all!

Ahh yes Rarity the fashonista unicorn.happy.png

Tabitha is a great VA and shes fun at the MLP cons from what I saw on YouTube.

Dont forget Kazumi Evans her singing voice.

I saw her one of her panels on YT with Shannon Chan Kent (Who's Pinkie Pie's Singing voice) & I was likewub.png

She sung those Rarity tunes?

WOW!!

Same reaction when I heard Britt McKillip (Princess Cadence) sung This Day Aria in A Canterlot Wedding.

(Hope to Sweet Celestia she sings again in season 4)

Check out Kazumi singing to a fan at a MLP Conwink.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH8tkZBd_Bk

But yes theres gotta be more Spike/Rarity eps fer S4

(So she can kiss her Spikey-Wikey againlaugh.png )

See ya!

@@CITRUS KING46, I brohoofed your OP not because I agree that she's best pony (I love the Mane 6 equally myself, but I guess if there is a best pony for me it'd be Derpy, but even then, that's really only in fanon since you can't really make a case from the show alone for liking Derpy the most), but because this was a really sincere, well thought-out, intelligent, and fun list of the reasons that you love Rarity, and great reasons she's amazing in general.  Thanks for sharing Citrus!!! derpy_emoticon1.png

• Brohoof 1

I... LOVE... THIS THREAD. 

First of all, another opportunity for me to wax poetic on why Rarity is the best character in the show.  To me, Rarity is the essence of what makes this show different from other "girls shows".  This show, in the hands of others could have been a dull, sickeningly sweet, uninspired "flat" series about cupcakes, parties, and playing dress up.  Similarly, Rarity could have been a flat, villainous snob, or an airhead.  But no, both the show and the character of Rarity herself show that just because something is "girly" doesn't mean it can't also be clever, inspired, thoughtful, funny, or even have a sense of adventure.  Yes, the show is about pastel colored ponies but they still have epic stories with big villains  and world -ending threats.  Similarly, Rarity may seem prissy and have very feminine interests, but she has no qualms about kicking a manticore in the face.  She is the essence of taking the trappings of a girls show and fixing all of the cliches to make it into something worthwhile. 

Secondly, I love seeing all of this Rarity love here.  I only wish I startled this thread first! 

I like Rarity because she's artificial.

And that's not an insult.

Rarity is a pony who basically built herself from the ground up. She doesn't have great magical talent, record-breaking speed, ability to speak to animals, Pinkie Sense, or an established family business. What Rarity has? She worked for it. 

She's an actress. Rarity dramatizes everything, putting her own little oompth into even the most everyday of statements. She affects not only her accent, but her emotions, too. She'll put on a happy face so that her friends don't realize that she's unhappy with their dress designs, or that they were sabotaging her attempts to fit in high society. Her entire image is something she made herself, deliberately.

Her entire career is based on making ponies more beautiful than they naturally are. I've always loved the references to her wearing false eyelashes, because it's such an apt metaphor for Rarity herself. She also wears light blue eyeshadow, another bit of artificial beauty. There have been a lot of references in this thread to Rarity's mane and overall appearance, most of which requires a lot of maintenance on her part. Rarity made herself beautiful.

Rarity doesn't think "Be true to yourself", she thinks "Be the pony you want to be". She's artificial. And that's great.

Excellent point, and you know what drives that home better than anything else?  Look at her parents.  They're a pair of uncouth yokels almost on a different planet from their eldest daughter.  She wasn't raised in elegance, she created everything about her and worked hard to get to this point.  This means that *everything* she knows about being elegant, graceful, and fashionable is completely self taught. 

• Brohoof 4

I'm inspired by Citrus's post about Rarity to show you guys the top 12 reasons why Fluttershy is best pony. Let's start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLTZctTG6cE

1. Andrea Libman is a fantastic voice actress who also does Pinkie. She really brings out Fluttershy's shy nature which I love.

2.She the element of Kindness:Kindness is necessary in the magic of friendship, because without kindness you can never make friends which leads up to friendship. So, to put it to the point Fluttershy's element is the most important.

3. The Stare: I believe non of the other ponies have a weapon this usefull. The stare has saved her friends lives (IE the dragon on the mountain), and with that stare she help keep the animals under control and her friends.

4. Reforming Discord: I don't think anypony else could have done a better job. Twilight would have used magic which is kinda cheating, Rainbow Dash knowing her would have used force, Pinkie would have used some sort of riduculous trick, Applejack would use force to, and Rarity...I have no idea what she would have done. Fluttershy used her kindness to take down on of the most harmful villians to Equestria, only using kindness.

5. Animals:I think this reason is the most improtant, because without her who would take care of them? Yea sure, they're vets and zoos but we always need one pony who can take personally take care of them.

6. Shyness: I think Fluttershy is the pony that most people can identify with. All of us have a little bit of shyness, but you can see though out the whole show she's starting to kinda get out of her shell, which we all do when we grow up.

7. Adorableiness: C'mon people. You cannot look at this face: yay.png and not say she's not the cutiest pony ever made.

8. Corage: Even though she's shy and scared at the same time, when it comes to her friends she's not afraid to fight anypony. She got mad at Discord when he was trolling her friends, and when the dragon was terroizing The Mane 6, was it RD who stood up to the dragon? Heck no! It was Fluttershy!

9.Helping her friends: She helped Rainbow Dash with the flying competition, helped Celestia with her Bird, helped Rarity with Photo Finish, the list goes on and on. To me, she has helped the most ponies in the whole series.

10. Angel Bunny: I don't think anypony but Fluttershy could keep Angel Bunny and keep treating him as nice as she has been doing. That takes some really attitude right there, and another reason why she is best pony.

11. Finds niceness in everypony:  Discord again. She never gave up on him, and stayed by her side never breaking her promises.

12. Cause she's Fluttershy.

• Brohoof 21

I'm inspired by Citrus's post about Rarity to show you guys the top 12 reasons why Fluttershy is best pony. Let's start.

1. Andrea Libman is a fantastic voice actress who also does Pinkie. She really brings out Fluttershy's shy nature which I love.

2.She the element of Kindness:Kindness is necessary in the magic of friendship, because without kindness you can never make friends which leads up to friendship. So, to put it to the point Fluttershy's element is the most important.

3. The Stare: I believe non of the other ponies have a weapon this usefull. The stare has saved her friends lives (IE the dragon on the mountain), and with that stare she help keep the animals under control and her friends.

4. Reforming Discord: I don't think anypony else could have done a better job. Twilight would have used magic which is kinda cheating, Rainbow Dash knowing her would have used force, Pinkie would have used some sort of riduculous trick, Applejack would use force to, and Rarity...I have no idea what she would have done. Fluttershy used her kindness to take down on of the most harmful villians to Equestria, only using kindness.

5. Animals:I think this reason is the most improtant, because without her who would take care of them? Yea sure, they're vets and zoos but we always need one pony who can take personally take care of them.

6. Shyness: I think Fluttershy is the pony that most people can identify with. All of us have a little bit of shyness, but you can see though out the whole show she's starting to kinda get out of her shell, which we all do when we grow up.

7. Adorableiness: C'mon people. You cannot look at this face: img-1590503-1-yay.png and not say she's not the cutiest pony ever made.

8. Corage: Even though she's shy and scared at the same time, when it comes to her friends she's not afraid to fight anypony. She got mad at Discord when he was trolling her friends, and when the dragon was terroizing The Mane 6, was it RD who stood up to the dragon? Heck no! It was Fluttershy!

9.Helping her friends: She helped Rainbow Dash with the flying competition, helped Celestia with her Bird, helped Rarity with Photo Finish, the list goes on and on. To me, she has helped the most ponies in the whole series.

10. Angel Bunny: I don't think anypony but Fluttershy could keep Angel Bunny and keep treating him as nice as she has been doing. That takes some really attitude right there, and another reason why she is best pony.

11. Finds niceness in everypony:  Discord again. She never gave up on him, and stayed by her side never breaking her promises.

12. Cause she's Fluttershy.

Got nothing to say besides...

BRAVO! BRA-bucking-VO!

WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

FLUTTERSHYYYYYYY!! 

*clears throat*

I will most certainly support your claim. Fluttershy is the most adorable creature on the planet and is in my(and obviously yours) opinion the best pony. Brohoof good sir /)

• Brohoof 4

-Twilight: studies magic. WOW

- Pinkie Pie: she's able to make everypony smile. WOW

-Rainbow Dash: she's one of the best flyers in Equestria and also a weather pegasus. WOW

-Fluttershy: she can comunicate with animals and soothes them too. WOW

-Applejack: she works on an apple farm and sells her products to the ponies. WOW

Rarity: makes dresses. WO.... no wait a second, she makes dresses, REALLY? Way to be useless Rarity, everypony's walking naked!

Twilight is a magologist (yes, the study of magic. I'm pretty sure it works here), among other 'ologists. In addition, she is Celestia's protege - that is to say, the protege of the country's ruler. Yeah, that's pretty cool.

Pinkie Pie makes everyone laugh... What's awesome about that? She's a comedian. A noble trade, but not astounding. Next.

Rainbow Dash goes at the speed of sound. It'd be hard not to go 'holy shit'.

Fluttershy is practically a veterinarian. The fact she can communicate with animals is interesting, but it isn't wow-inducing.

Applejack sells apples...

What's interesting about this? I'm sorry, but I don't get it. She's a farmer, she sells food for profit. How is this interesting?

And finally, Rarity is a fashion designer. Though I'm personally uninterested in it, the artistic talent required in her profession merits my respect. However, the dresses she releases are of top-notch quality, and she pretty much runs her business alone. Now that is astonishing.

Rainbow Dash = best pony

Rainbow Dash = everyone

Therefore,

everyone = best pony.

jLPN0.gif

My god, man. You've finally done it. You've proven, somehow, that everypony is best pony. My mind, man. My mind.

• Brohoof 2

Fluttershy is my favorite pony, so I agree with most of your points I believe pretty well.(I don't know about best pony as I find that everypony is best pony in a serious sense, but thats an entirely new discussion)

Although I'm not sure if I agree with her being the most important Element. I mean depending on what we're talking about, but i think all the Elements of friendship are equal in importance. They are all important to be present in a successful friendship.

I also think the stare while powerful probably isn't quite as powerful as Twilights potential magical abilities. Its a powerful ability though

But yeah, I think its a good list, of course I can see the good in everypony, so my favorites really tend to be to my personal liking's and ability to relate to each pony.

• Brohoof 2

Well, it is a proven fact that Rainbow Dash is 20% cooler than other ponies.

So as awesome as Fluttershy may be, Rainbow Dash is always 20% better than that.

Hence, Rainbow Dash is best pony.

my_second_vector_of_rainbow_dash__by_flu

Deal with it.

• Brohoof 3

Let me end this best pony war

Rainbow dash = coolest pony

Fluttershy = cutest pony

If you like cuteness Fluttershy will be for you

If you like coolness Rainbow dash is at your side

Having a best pony is like having a strong political opinion

I'm a brony since 2010 and I still dont have a best pony :(

They are too awesome to decide !

• Brohoof 3

And she makes the BEST FREAKING FACES:

fluttershy_squee_by_yourfaithfulstudent-

w8aryd.jpg

^Dat Flutterhuman face :3

Plus, her shyness is SO CUTE wub.png and attractive.

So yeah, Fluttershy is best pony. Mane Six pony anyway.

• Brohoof 2

This are very lovely reasons why Fluttershy is the best pony. But, I don't see it. Fluttershy has never really been my favorite. It kind of bothers me how she's always scared of things. and Then randomly faces her fears with no reasons behind this sudden action.  Sure she is cute. But, of all ponies I would go with Rainbow Dash <3. Sorry for hating. Dashy is 20% cooler than her.

She is indeed a great pony and best pony!

All her facts as stated by you good sir is evidence enough that she is indeed best pony, to most...

She was my favorite pony, but that honor belongs to rarity.

Even then, Fluttershy still ranks as one of my top favorite pony!!!

fluttershy_being_fluttershy_by_h2ooctane

• Brohoof 1

Well, it is a proven fact that Rainbow Dash is 20% cooler than other ponies.

So as awesome as Fluttershy may be, Rainbow Dash is always 20% better than that.

Hence, Rainbow Dash is best pony.

img-1590574-1-my_second_vector_of_rainbo

Deal with it.

There is already a thread for Dash fanboying. This is the one for Fluttershy fanboying.

Anyway, Flutters is cool, "Hurricane Fluttershy" is Best Episode.

Now someone do one of these threads for AJ.

• Brohoof 2