Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like Ponies/MLP for...ODD... reasons?

Cirrus.

Here are some of the more "odd" reasons why I like MLP besides the usual reasons like "they're cute" or "the characters are well developed", etc.

I first really took an interest in the show because of how good the animation was for Flash.

I was like...

post-24370-0-80592300-1446516148.jpg

• Working with Flash in the past a little bit was something I really enjoyed. I understand what's going on from a technical standpoint because of it (e.g., symbols, tweens, keyframes, etc.)  MLP has some of the best animation I've seen for a flash cartoon. I sometimes like to think about what the animators may have done to animate a certain action/scene that interested me for one reason or another. I also was able to pretty quickly guess correctly the truth about Derpy's origins- as confirmed in an interview by animator John Martin Wong. https://youtu.be/stSvuwLg3Eo?t=25m39s (Derpy was made as a joke- it was just an error that she was visible in the final episode)

• I also like the movement of quadruped (or four legged) animals. Basically how they walk/run- kind of in the same way I like how an engine in a car moves/works.

• The reactions that intelligent animal characters can portray in addition to normal human reactions is something I really like also. What I mean are reactions such as slinking down/cowering when scared, happy jumping (like a dog for example), showing teeth when angry, lowering ears/head when sad, and other quirky things animals do.

• For some reason I also really like the blank stare/confused look of a crowd of ponies. It just looks kind of dumb but funny at the same time to me. :lol:

post-24370-0-65943600-1446663501.jpg

So do any of you have some odd reasons for liking Ponies/MLP or am I just a weird rock here?

post-24370-0-37487600-1446521745.png

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 3

I live it when people see meh watching MLP and they're like OMFG DATS FOR KIDS and then they leave the room and I'm like MWHAHAHAAAA THE NIGHT WILL LAST FOREVER CHOCOLATE RAIN GO FEED CRYSTAL PONIES RAAWR YOU WILL OBEY TO ME WE WILL BE ADORED I WANT TO UNDERSTAND .3. Then my mum walks in and she's like "Liv, are you on drugs?" And I'm like NU (/*•*\) ... I love MLP xD

• Brohoof 3

Nothing odd other than being a 22 year old who likes doc mcstuffins, shrek and the pajamimals. Which is probably odd in itself.

I think a reason I like it is because the characters react to each other in a more relatable manner than any other show for that target age group.

The animation was definitely one of the original things that got me into the show, it is so bright and colorful and the style of it is so eye-catching. With the last two seasons, 4 and 5, the facial expressions have been soooooooooo good! Especially this season, it has been loaded with amazing faces. :P 

• Brohoof 2

I like it because it helps keep me from going on a murder spree... :P Don't think anyone will top that. XD

Maybe not that serious, but I do have serious emotional problems, and MLP (among other things) keeps the demon within me at a distance...

I'm messed up okay...

draL9Qc.gif

Edited by Overlord0909

We i'm very new to this all only started about two weeks ago and i'm not sure what to think. the whole reason I even started was because I watched an animation called "lullaby for a Princess" and the music made me feel like i wasn't an emotional brick.

But as i watch more i seem to wonder why people like Chrysalis and Somba do the things they do (like why wait until you get discovered to fight or why Somba wanted the heart so much) so i start piecing things together using what i can find to make theories.

I may not be the biggest fan of the show yet, but it leaves a lot of room for complicated theories and a lot of evidence of history without saying much. And i'm just a sucker for making air tight theories for anything. so i guess that's my odd reason to watch.

Yes, you could probably say this was an odd reason.For some reason, I really respect and identity with Twilight. Other than that, just the usual reasons (great songs,stories etc.)

I like it because I think it's an entertaining show that's well put-together. So in other words, yes. I like it for very odd and unconventional reasons.

Edited by SpaceOnion

Twilight is the main reason to why I started watching the show. She reminds me way too much of myself, especially in season 1 where she is pretty sarcastic and seems like the kind of person who doesn't care about anything and just want to read her darn books. It also helps that she is freaking adorable. Plus, Giggle at the Ghosties made me smile like an idiot, even if it is one of the weakest songs of the series (it's okay since it is the first song of the show besides the intro).

Not sure if these are odd reasons though...

Edited by PixyPony

I don't know if it's odd but I love the show for the world, the customs they have. I enjoy how they haven't shown us the whole world and are constantly exploring, and all the different types of ponies and customs is really cool.

• 2 weeks later...

I first saw the fan-art ("Hey, that's pretty cool.") then the show art itself, and finally started seeing the animations. I was hooked just from seeing how beautiful everything was.

The reactions that intelligent animal characters can portray in addition to normal human reactions is something I really like also. What I mean are reactions such as slinking down/cowering when scared, happy jumping (like a dog for example), showing teeth when angry, lowering ears/head when sad, and other quirky things animals do.

This. This is the one reason I hate (and largely cannot) draw human characters and love anything that falls into the furry/anthro realm too :P