Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

are twilights parents bad parents?

ASGARDIANBRONY

twilight never speaks to her parents and her parents never speak to her. do you think twilys parents shipped her off to boarding school and then never talk to her again? personally to me celestia has been more of a parent than twilights real parents. how close do you think twilight is to her parents?

• Brohoof 2

Nah, just they're kind of superfluous so they never get shown, yeah? Celestia's a mother figure already, so having another mother figure show up would be redundant.

Plus, the mane six in the FIM universe appear to be adults by all accounts and live by themselves, so there's really no REASON to have their parents show up, yeah? I mean, its not like they'd have any reason to show up or impact a plot due to just being random muggles, unless its specifically a family get together episode.

• Brohoof 2

I've always gotten the impression that Twilight's parents didn't like Twilight as much as Shining Armor. If memory serves me correct, they had liquid pride at Shining Armor's wedding, but couldn't be bothered to show up at Twilight's coronation, when she essentially became a goddess. Talk about picking and choosing.

• Brohoof 1

I've always gotten the impression that Twilight's parents didn't like Twilight as much as Shining Armor. If memory serves me correct, they had liquid pride at Shining Armor's wedding, but couldn't be bothered to show up at Twilight's coronation, when she essentially became a goddess. Talk about picking and choosing.

Maybe...they're always the ones holding the camera and this is all just a long home movie by the proudest parents in the world. :o

• Brohoof 3

I forgot she had parents, but I think it's better they let her grow up to be under the protection of Celestia who could train her up rather than guard her. 

I wouldn't say they were bad parents but, I think they could have been better if they would visit... but who knows we can headcanon they visit in between episodes d:

Nope they were at her coronation alright, sharing the same Liquid Pride

246020__safe_image+macro_lyra+heartstrin

• Brohoof 3

No, they enrolled her in Celestia's school, which is exactly what she wanted, and they were there to support her while she applied. Plus they've been shown at her coronation, at Shining Armor's wedding, etc. So they're still part of her (and Shiny's) life, we just aren't shown it much because the focus is on the Mane Six.

At least they've shown up in more than two episode. More that can be said for every one else's parents. 

Well, Rarity and Sweetie's parents have also been in more than two episodes, I seem to recall. Her dad, at least.

• Brohoof 3

Really? Cause I only seem to recall Sisterhoof Social and that one time he and Sweetie Belle were together. 

Inspiration Manifestation, too.

post-2257-0-31211400-1451279545_thumb.jpg

And her dad was seen in One Bad Apple, although not in the same scene.

post-2257-0-32492400-1451279544_thumb.jpg

Admittedly, I had to look those up on Wikia...  >_>

Really? Cause I only seem to recall Sisterhoof Social and that one time he and Sweetie Belle were together. 

Her dad was seen fishing at one point in One Bad Apple

• Brohoof 1

Inspiration Manifestation, too. And her dad was seen in One Bad Apple, although not in the same scene.

Her dad was seen fishing at one point in One Bad Apple

Well okay then, Rarity and Sweetie Belle's father confirmed as best parent! 

• Brohoof 1

LOL. got to admit, I almost feel the series would have worked better if twilight was an orphan and she was taken under celestia's wing from the orphanage due to how inconsequential they are.

We've already got the Apple family for "parents who have passed on", so I disagree. I think it's fine the way the show has it now.

It was never specified what kind of relationship Twilight had with them growing up. Plus I think their existence is literally to make sense of that one scene. Although Twilight had an unrealistically good relationship with her brother so they can't have been that bad. 

At least they've shown up in more than two episode. More that can be said for every one else's parents. 

And Dashie's dad. He appeared in that one episode too, (Mother too if you believe the Flyfly coloured pegesus on the other of Dashie is her)

One thing I will say is that Twilight's parents are busy ponies, considering that by the time Twilight was born they needed a foalsitter on a more or less permnanent basis. 

Edited by Princess Malinter

They raised two successful kids that became a Princess and a Prince, I'm pretty sure they're fine parents

Yeah but if they didn't ship Twi off to boarding school then they would have a princess daughter. Also if they didn't get Cadence to always babysit her Shining Armor wouldn't be a prince.

My first thought when reading the title was, "Probably.  Sure, why not?"

But it's just that they've never written a part for them.  It's like how we saw Morty and Helen Seinfeld constantly, as well as Frank and Estelle Costanza, but we only saw Kramer's mom for one second, and we only had one scene with Elaine's dad.  The others, we never saw.  Doesn't necessarily mean they're bad parents.  We just don't know.

I kinda think it would have been interesting if Twilight had been orphaned as a filly and actually raised by Tia, growing up in Celestia's School for Gifted Youngsters.

I think if anything given its Canterlot and they saw a chance for Twilight to be in a better position in being taught by Tia was a good choice yet also it would have helped also the parents/family to make some end connections in the social life and etc in having such a high connection right to the Throne.   Add in Armor and Candy also dating and being like high-school sweet hearts (very cute) and Armor did have to work and train a lot to get to his level in the Army as he did,  than now a Prince.  Well that just kinda fell into place in how the show well shows it.  Just all around it opens a LOT of doors for the family/parents of them both.

I think that Twilight loves her parents, but there is a little problem that Twily has.

My headcanon (yes i have one. Shocking, right?) thinks that Twilight dosen't speak alot about her family, because she is kinda embarassed. She was babied alot during her childhood by her mom, even in later years. Her mom is one of those overprotective "i can't accept that my children grows up" type of mothers and she does that especially with Twilight, because she was the younger one compared to Shining Armor.

• Brohoof 1