Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hasbro could've had Ponyland Theme park

ManaMinori

It's early, but I remember either gen 3 or gen 1 having a location called Ponyland. Just thinking that it could've been a good opportunity to cash in on a ponyland park, like LEGOLAND, DISNEYLAND... shame pony isn't popular enough for it, though, in spite of the franchise's old age.

But what do you guys think?

If they decide it would be worth the investment to build such a park, they would have to make a good return on it too not just break even and then the cost to run the place has to be lower than the revenue gained from it.(lol I'm to businessy) But if they did I would go every year. It would be a good place to take Dashie with me.

• Brohoof 1

They would make a small profit for a while and then people would lose interest in it and Hasbro would shut it down.

It's early, but I remember either gen 3 or gen 1 having a location called Ponyland

Can we get a source on that? I haven't been able to find anything that supports that claim. Edited by Gestum

Yeah I don't ever see that happening unless they decide to make a Hasbro-themed Theme Park, which is not happening any time soon. I mean they barely got a Transformers themed attraction at Universal Studios, and that's arguably their top franchise

They would make a small profit for a while and then people would lose interest in it and Hasbro would shut it down. Can we get a source on that? I haven't been able to find anything that supports that claim.

Apparently, it was g2. I was way off.

In Europe, the ponies lived in Ponyland instead of Friendship Gardens, and were discontinued with the inception of the "G3" toy line in 2003

That would be so awesome. :o

I agree though, unfortunately, there probably wouldn't be a good way to make a stand-alone pony theme park. But they could work with a theme park to add some pony attractions into it. That'd be cool too. :)

They would make a small profit for a while and then people would lose interest in it and Hasbro would shut it down.

Can we get a source on that? I haven't been able to find anything that supports that claim.

I have never heard of any ponyland park either, they LIVED in ponyland but i have never heard of a park, and even if they made a g4 park it would probably be chaos LOL

something like this 

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1065384-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic?ref=chztrendingmpp

Edited by simba86
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

I'm currently making a My Little Pony theme park in No limits coaster 2

don't expect it to be finished anytime soon. It's very time consuming to make this park :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I cant see it happening myself

I don’t think my little pony quite has the mass appeal needed to make a theme park. I mean take alton towers for example, it has no particular theme and it appeals to all ages and genders.

A my little pony theme park only appeals to little girls and bronies, hence doesn’t have the mass appeal to drive up sales like disney world and legoland do (lego and Disney appeals to everyone, cartoon ponies less so)

I heard apparently a modern ride is about 10-30 million to make, so if you want 12 rides that's easily upwards of 1 billion dollars and that’s not including employee pay, legal stuff and other fees

And running a theme park isn’t cheap, as I said if you’ve only got little girls and bronies in your park your not making enough profit to keep the park running.

However a my little pony ride is completely possible since that’s more or less free from park running costs since its in an existing park

Edited by LinuxLounge

If this were to happen it would be the perfect place for MLP conventions, but the cost of policing it from haters would be astronomical. They'd never be able to afford enough guards. Anyone could just walk in and start a mass shooting there if the security was lax, or they'd have to ban adult fans entirely.

This would probably be me though if it was executed right and was near enough to me:

124.jpg

Unfortunately there are already a lot of 'Ponylands' out there in the US and Europe, as it's a common name used by many 'rent a horse' outfits. So if Hasbro were to do this, they'd likely choose a different name.

Also... to be honest, Hasbro doesn't really do things like that anymore. 20 years ago, sure, but now they mostly deal with licensing. All their toys are produced by other companies under license. They don't have any factories of their own anymore. Hasbro Studios is the only thing left to Hasbro that isn't just a IP holding form, and technically Hasbro Studios is it's own company (though owned in whole by Hasbro). For the last ten years or so, whenever Hasbro has wanted to expand into a different area (say a theme park), they've licensed their stuff or 'partnered' with someone who techncially has the management experience for that kind of thing. For example, the HUB (now Discovery Family) was a partnership with Discovery where Hasbro contributed the IP and Discovery did... everything else.

So in order for Hasbro to do a theme park, they'd likely go find someone reasonably successful at theme parks and give them the rights to Hasbro's IPs (Transformers, G.I. Joe, ROM, MLP, etc.) So I'd expect to see them link up with a relatively lower-profile park management firm like Cedar Fair, who took over all of the Paramount Parks several years back. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Although I would LOVE to see this happen, I don't think it ever will. Hasbro just doesn't have the funds to run a theme park that wouldn't attract a phenomenal amount of guests. Honestly though, maybe something within another park, like Harry Potter World in Universal. It would be so cool to step into a life sized ponyville and drink some apple cider while buying pony merchandise. :D I don't think they would ever do it, but it's a really cool idea.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I can't imagine a My Little Pony theme park would be successful enough. Only little girls and bronies would go, and I doubt that'd earn them enough money to actually keep the park running.

Now, a Hasbro theme park might be possible, as Transformers and My Little Pony combined might be able to bring in more people.

For now, a single MLP ride would be just fine.

• 4 weeks later...

id imagine a ride where it would start slow and fragile, to give off a kiddy vibe to those who most expect it. However ''4'' :smug: minutes in, the ride would all of a sudden go extremely fast. and it would end with it going slow again to fool un-expected haters. :proud:

• Brohoof 1

id imagine a ride where it would start slow and fragile, to give off a kiddy vibe to those who most expect it. However ''4'' :smug: minutes in, the ride would all of a sudden go extremely fast. and it would end with it going slow again to fool un-expected haters. :proud:

If I were in charge, I would add a nice big roller coaster, paint the cars light blue with rainbows on the front, and name the whole thing the Sonic Rainboom.

• Brohoof 1