Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Best Video Game Soundtracks

Discordian

(edited)

Sonic CD had an awesome soundtrack (both versions)

But personally I'm a Katamari Damacy man. That game had an amazing soundtrack, practically every genre, yet it fit the game so perfectly!

With classics like Katamari on the Rocks (La la, la la la la la la la, Katamari Damacy...) Lonely Rolling Star (aaaaaa, looone-ly rooolling staaaar...) Wanda Wanda (proof that all music needs is rhythm), Disco Prince (it just feel so energizing), Katamari on the Swing (and it's remake, Katamari on the Wings), A Song for the King of Kings (awesome for it's cosmic feel and novelty of the universe's biggest douchebag (he brags about how his "Royal Thing" is bigger than Russia), The King of All Cosmos singing about how great he is) Katamari Mambo, (perfect song for blasting) Katamari of Love (an extremely deep song, it makes you look at the entire game differently), Cherry Tree Times (Katamari bitch, uh huh, ya jackin' ma show...) Katamari Stars and Do Re Mi Katamari Do (both make you (well, at least me) feel all bittersweet inside even though the don't really have any words) Bluffing Damacy (just cool) and Blue Orb (probably one of the most interesting song ever, with it's ambient feel made by random electronic sounds and this light voice talking about what the cosmos is made of).

An epic soundtrack to an already epic game.

Edited by Sir Wafflington

I like being greeted to this music whenever I hop on MW2's multiplayer :). Then again, Hans Zimmer composed the OST for MW2, so that may explain why it sounds better than most, if not all, of the other CoD's.

World at War also had a very interesting soundtrack, mainly for being very grim and dark. One stood out to me, and that was the soundtrack for the campaign level Black Cats :). It starts to get good at 0:47

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL-HQBjF6oc

(edited)

Frozen Synapse. My god it has an awesome soundtrack for an indie game. But as a close second comes the Metal Gear Solid 4 soundtrack.

Edited by Nikodemos