Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S06:E04 - On Your Marks

Jeric

What did you think?  

145 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the episode?

• I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't care for it.
    • It was...meh.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT!!!!!

I can really relate to AB this episode, having friends go do there own thing while you struggle to find something you want to do is a bit of a tough thing to go through. At least she didn't fail to find anything, lose all her "friends" because they all have things a billion times better to do that all don't involve you, and spend years alone struggling.

Yes, I'm bitter. Good episode though, I enjoyed it. It was funny, good message, heartwarming, nice character development, all that nice stuff. Not the best episode ever, but a fun time.

• Brohoof 3

I doubt it Marimo...I doubt it at all.

Did you see the whole episode? That is exactly what just happened. They established that they'll probably spend time trying out their own stuff, but as Scootaloo pointed out they're not going to stop being friends or still find time to spend time with each other. And they'll still be working together to help out with CM related problems. By discovering things on their own, they can find new ways to contribute to the group.

• Brohoof 5

This episode was pretty good for the CMC's development. I really liked how they were to question their new roles as crusaders and sure enough they've reassured it. I also loved Applebloom's new song too. Great episode!

• Brohoof 2

So the fandom's got a brand new ship! Too bad I don't remember the colt's name!

What I liked:
The CMC: Yeah lumping them together but they all worked well here and seeing them post Cutie Mark is cool.
The Cameos: From Bulk Biceps to Treehugger to Zecora (let her speak DHX!) they were fun
The colt: Once again another male character that's not stupid or an asshole! yay! 

What I didn't like:
The idea that the CMC did nothing but try to obtain their cutie marks: Hey remember all those other episodes where you guys did stuff that didn't involve that, like both Sisterhooves Socials or how about the Equestrian Games?

What was meh:
The Song: Meh not the worst but not all that catchy to me.
Apple Bloom: Seriously you can't help on the farm at all? Nice to see you picked up dancing though.

What makes me feel old:
The Crusader's voice: Damn it why do they have to grow up so fast! 

So yeah a really decent episode through and through.  

I'm really happy that applebloom is finding something passionate that ISN'T farm related.  That would just be so one-dimensional.  The fact that it isn't even square danging is a big positive.  
I love that they alluded to the square dancing earlier was well.  made the whole episode feel better.

sweetie's new hobby is similarly fantastic!  its kinda neat that she's taking her own spin on her sister's profession.  and it is AMAZING that she knows she sucks and doesn't care because it was fun!  my biggest problem with them as a group has always been that they didn't do what they wanted to do, and they never did it enough to get good.  I can really respect her enthusiasm.  Also, I love that we got a little vicarious rarity moment.  rarity took the time to teach her, but then also had a snide comment about how it wasn't fashionable.

It is also really nice that scoots was able to cut loose on her new thing, but nowhere near as powerful as the other two.

• Brohoof 5

I find it funny that the girls' first attempted "client" in the episode was Big Mac, one of the most chill ponies in the entire series, who, if we went by Buddhist standards, probably reached enlightenment while he was still in DIAPERS.

• Brohoof 3

Yay, the first CMC episode of the season!  :) 

-Yes, their voices are deeper than ever but I'd rather they keep their real voices than using gimmicks just to make them sound younger. 

-At least it didn't take them the whole episode to rediscover that their mission in life is helping others find their mission in life. 

-Bulky!  :love:

-That song had some nice feels.  :adorkable:

-Tree Hugger is best artistic nude model.  :3

-And of course it was all just another big misunderstanding on Apple Bloom's part. 

Helping that young colt who's colors look suspiciously like Scootaloo's was a nice ending but it was just OK in my book.  Here's my thing.  The CMC's are looking for things they like to do together and they only did all that crazy stuff together in the past because they wanted their marks in the worst way.  But early on in the series it was established that they had a collective knack for building things.  I don't know why they ever went away from that and why it wasn't brought back in today's ep.  They should have made a much better looking backdrop than the one seen today even on short notice. 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

It needs to be a Broadway themed name 

Maybe Broadway IS his name? 

I'm sure his name was mentioned as "Tender Taps" before the commercial break in the dance studios

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

This was a really good episode, better then last weeks in my opinion. It's realistic for friends to suddenly stop doing what they usually do and then having problems finding something new. It could happen to bronies, who suddenly realize that the show ends and then have a tough time, finding something new to have fun with.

Some of the comedy was nice in this, but like i said, i was never a fan of Bulk Biceps, so i really didn't care for his scene.

ABs song was great and very emotional, considering this is the first song of the whole season and no first song ever started with a tearjerker. Still, wonderfully performed.

The message is also really good. You can still be friends, but you don't need to be around all the time and can have fun on your own, or in this case, help others on your own.

All in all, very satisfying episode.

I doubt it Marimo...I doubt it at all.

Either you missed this episode, or are just in denial, because it's obvious now, that they will never disband.

• Brohoof 3

I NEED A NAME FOR DAT PONEH

MUST MAKE SHIP NAME

If your talking about that shy, dancing colt, his name is Tender Taps

So, if you're thinking of shipping AB and TT together, I'd say "TenderBloom" or "AppleTaps"

The episode was alright.

It did not have that "Wow factor" element in it, but it did not have that "The Hell is this!?" moment in it, so I'm pretty mixed about this actually.

The pace was kinda awkward at times. And the humour wasn't that much out there to be completely honest.

In reality, I just found the episode kind of underwhelming, mainly when you compare it to the latest Masterpiece of a CMC episode.

But, it was developpement for the CMC and nonetheless! And I was happy to see some side caracters in this episode.

And just now I thought about the message the episode wanted to share, and I guess a lot of people can relate to the fact that sometimes you can go in your way doing what you really like!

Rating: C+/B (my review is certainly not that official as a complete analysis will be needed for that)

I find it funny that the girls' first attempted "client" in the episode was Big Mac, one of the most chill ponies in the entire series, who, if we went by Buddhist standards, probably reached enlightenment while he was still in DIAPERS.

oh yeah!  I'd forgotten about that!

i love the way you put it.  

Although, it would be interesting to see more of his backstory.  surely he had some conflict right?  it woudl be terribly uninteresting if he didn't

Good moral and evolution for the characters. I enjoyed this one, and am glad Apple Bloom had a solo song. However, I did come away feeling that they didn't completely finish their thought on Apple Bloom not being comfortable on her own. I would have preferred that not being a simple misinterpretation since it is a valid fear some have. Could have turned what was a good episode into a great episode.

• Brohoof 4

It did not have that "Wow factor" element in it, but it did not have that "The Hell is this!?" moment in it, so I'm pretty mixed about this actually.

The crusaders breaking out of the mold they've been in for 5 seasons, and actually thinking about what they want to do in life was pretty "wow'ing" to me.  I thought it was all handled really well.

But I was terrified while watching it that they were going to mess it up.

• Brohoof 1

A good followup to Crusaders of the Lost Mark. I was wondering what the CMC were going to do after their got their cutie marks and this episode did a great job of wrapping things up per se. We've got our first song of the season which was pretty good and it was great to see Bulk Biceps make a return.

Oh and I just want to comment on the voice acting of the tap dancing colt. I thought it was pretty good, one of the best young male voices in fact outside of Spike. One final note is how interesting that this episode didn't have any of the Mane 6 as it goes to show how very developed the CMC are nowadays.

• Brohoof 2

I can't wait for remixes of "Out on your own" by Applebloom. What a great first song for Season 6!

You and me both. We've finally got a new song! Let the remixing love flow!  :pinkie:

The message is also really good. You can still be friends, but you don't need to be around all the time and can have on your own, or in this case, help others on your own.

There definitely is a balance to be had between doing things on one's own and doing things with others. That balance isn't the same for all people and I like how Applebloom had to explore this issue. I don't feel this was a rehashed problem and it gives great food for thought.  :dash:

Tree Hugger is best artistic nude model.  :3

I had to look away. I never expected them to be so explicit!

Just kidding. Tree Hugger is one of my favorite ponies of all time~! <3

• Brohoof 1

The episode was alright.

The pace was kinda awkward at times. And the humour wasn't that much out there to be completely honest.

In reality, I just found the episode kind of underwhelming, mainly when you compare it to the latest Masterpiece of a CMC episode.

But, it was developpement for the CMC and nonetheless! And I was happy to see some side caracters in this episode.

And just now I thought about the message the episode wanted to share, and I guess a lot of people can relate to the fact that sometimes you can go in your way doing what you really like!

Rating: C+/B (my review is certainly not that official as a complete analysis will be needed for that)

I think it's a bit unfair trying to compare this episode, with crusaders of the lost mark, considering they have both different feels and lost mark had major series changer in it.

Not that i disagree with your opinion, since it's yours. But i rather see an episode for what it is.

Just saw the episode myself, and while I'm glad to see the first Cutie Mark Crusaders centered episode this early in the season, I was feeling for Apple Bloom with how she felt upset with thinking that Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo no longer wanted to hang out with her as they wanted to pursue other interests while being ready to help at a moment's notice with helping a foal find their true calling in life and get their cutie mark.

In the end, Apple Bloom makes amends to her friends, helps that foal overcome his stage fright and get his cutie mark, and the Crusaders are back on track as they now can explore other interests that could aid them in helping other foals find their true calling and get their cutie marks.

Great job, Crusaders! You get a 10/10 from me for your first episode of Season 6, and give my regards to Bulk Biceps as well!

YEAH!!!

• Brohoof 2