Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has MLP ever offended you?

Flutterstep

• 1 month later...

Two Words: Newbie Dash

I can't stop talking about this. The fact that they hyped up Rainbow Dash's journey to become a Wonderbolt, then gave us this dumpster fire of an episode. If Rainbow taught Fluttershy to be assertive, why couldn't she be assertive in this episode. This episode could've been done so much better, even give it a much better title. The title offended me even. 

Also, don't get me started on the Derpy Hooves fiasco back in Season 2. It offended me that the producers actually listened to those people who were offended by Derpy. This is the realism of MLP, and if you don't like it, TOO BAD!!

• Brohoof 4

Too much negative energy to be offended at a cartoon, seriously.

I have been disappointed in some episodes, but not offended by them.

(edited)
5 hours ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

I can't stop talking about this. The fact that they hyped up Rainbow Dash's journey to become a Wonderbolt, then gave us this dumpster fire of an episode. If Rainbow taught Fluttershy to be assertive, why couldn't she be assertive in this episode. This episode could've been done so much better, even give it a much better title. The title offended me even.

When I saw this episode, it was the first time since I started watching this show where it felt like the writers hated the audience and the show they were working on. Unfortunately wouldn't be the last

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 1

I don't think I've ever gotten offended by a cartoon, and I've definitely never gotten offended by a cartoon for little girls. I prefer not to imagine actual problems pointing at me and laughing. :maud:

• Brohoof 1

Never really offended by anything in FiM I'm just disappointed at worst.

if I wanted to be offended I'd watch a compilation of of all "Disney is racist and anti-Semitic" jokes from Family Guy

On 2020-10-04 at 6:00 PM, ExplosionMare said:

The fact that they would name a pony “Stinky Bottom” is offensive in its own right :eww:

I don't remember that character appearing anywhere? Remind me.

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Will Guide said:

if I wanted to be offended I'd watch a compilation of of all "Disney is racist and anti-Semitic" jokes from Family Guy

Not even a fan of modern Disney, and I completely agree that those jokes are painfully unfunny, redundant, and rooted in lies. :BrightMacContent:They do not offend me though, I just find them lame. 

• Brohoof 1

I think it is the least offensive thing around. It's not like u gonna get yo mama jokes or whatever haha. Ofc there are some portrayals the reflect on life that might upset ppl or aren't done that well.

1 hour ago, Kujamih said:

Only it's fans offended me:laugh:

That I can get lol

• Brohoof 1

Why would I get offended by a cartoon? Probably the only way I would get offended by a TV show is if it included a lot of political propaganda, while not being a politically-themed show. However, the propaganda that FIM included was possible to justify within the show and ignore some other parts, so no problem there.

14 hours ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

I don't remember it being that bad. Looked OK to me when I watched it.

1 hour ago, Pentium100 said:

Why would I get offended by a cartoon? Probably the only way I would get offended by a TV show is if it included a lot of political propaganda, while not being a politically-themed show. However, the propaganda that FIM included was possible to justify within the show and ignore some other parts, so no problem there.

I don't remember it being that bad. Looked OK to me when I watched it.

Same..... Maybe it's because we ain't die hard fans of RD....but then again I'm a die hard fan of pinkie..... :okiedokieloki: it's really hard to not be a hypocrite...

The closest an ep came to offending me was Feeling Pinkie Keen. The message of that ep still rubs me the wrong way. Even that ep was pretty cute though :3

The sickly sweetness of some of the G2/3 fare and the recent pingu-like silent clay-mationy pony eps offended me a bit I suppose. But only because I want to like all media which has an MLP logo on it. Joke's on me there :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 2016-04-25 at 11:34 AM, Megas said:

No, and I think it'd be silly to be offended

>Comment made in April 2016

Evidently the writers took this comment as a challenge since then 

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 2

Did I really make this thread? :lostit:

I'm so glad I've grown out of searching for things to be upset about. :>_>:

How I miss thought-provoking media that took risks and aimed to entertain and educate, a true rarity today. :awed:

I would have made a great journalist back then, huh? :mlp_laugh:

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Will Guide said:

He appears briefly trying to sell hats in the episode where Rarity and AppleJack got sent to Manehattan.

30307D12-24E2-4E13-8B84-38E8DEE62E3A.webp