Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Snuff tobacco - your opinion.

TBlaze

What do you think about snuff? Do you take it? Do you have friends who take it? Maybe you think people should not snuff? Is it legal in your country, and do you think it should/shouldn't be? Do you think it's dangerous? I snuff, although really rarely - maybe once a month, or less. Also, please keep in mind that snuff is legal in many countries and is not a drug - I've met people who thought so.

@@TBlaze; Altered your title. Caused a little bit of a panic. Heh. ;)

I tried chew. Bought a can just to try it. When it was gone, I didn't buy another. Not a fan. :U

For anyone who may be panicking, it's also called chew or chewing tobacco.

Actually, they are 2 different things. Chewing tobacco is what it's caled - chewing with your mouth. What I was talking about, snuff - is tobacco sniffed into the nasal cavity. They are different in the way they are prepared to suit the way of use each of them is destined to.

Actually, they are 2 different things. Chewing tobacco is what it's caled - chewing with your mouth. What I was talking about, snuff - is tobacco sniffed into the nasal cavity. They are different in the way they are prepared to suit the way of use each of them is destined to.

Ah, learn something new every day. Re-amended the title, then. My mistake.

I can't imagine I would enjoy a snortable version of tobacco, but no, I've not tried it. Have no interest. xD

Given what smoking and chew do, I would imagine snuff tobacco has it's own little list of health issues and cancers. D:

Chewing tobacco is no less vile or dangerous than cigarettes, and I'll be jumping for joy if this poison is banned in my country. I haven't tried tobacco, and seeing how so many people get sick and die from it annually, I don't intend to.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've never used any tobacco products and wouldn't recommend using them.

Snuff isn't a safe alternative to cigarettes, but at least you're not giving others secondhand smoke.

I don't believe that it should be illegal. If you use snuff, the only person you're harming is yourself.

Edited by Grepper
  • Brohoof 1

Ah, learn something new every day. Re-amended the title, then. My mistake.

I can't imagine I would enjoy a snortable version of tobacco, but no, I've not tried it. Have no interest. xD

Given what smoking and chew do, I would imagine snuff tobacco has it's own little list of health issues and cancers. D:

Thanks for understanding. Also, snuff is much healthier than smoking cigs - cigarettes are made of horrible stuff. But I don't intend to deny that snuff has health implications - it can probably lead to cancer in the nasal area (although research project which was carried out concluded that "studies on nasal use of snuff did not provide conclusive evidence of a relationship with cancer."). Even if it could lead to it though, it's vastly less carcinogenic than cigarretes, and if you use it reasonably there shouldn't be much of a problem. As I said, I use it really rarely. Also, wrong kinds of snuff are greatly increasing the risk. From what I remember, there was a problem with some kind of eucalyptus in snuff from Australia or something like that, and it was dangerous. If you really abuse it, you can also experience problems with mucous membrane.

I have never tried any sort of tobacco product, nor have I ever snuffed anything aside from the occasional flu vaccination. Given how difficult even that was for me, I can't imagine snuffing would work too well for me  :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

What do you think about snuff? Do you take it? Do you have friends who take it? Maybe you think people should not snuff? Is it legal in your country, and do you think it should/shouldn't be? Do you think it's dangerous? I snuff, although really rarely - maybe once a month, or less. Also, please keep in mind that snuff is legal in many countries and is not a drug - I've met people who thought so.

Well, Snuff is a drug, or at least contains substances that have been deemed as drugs whether or not a acknowlage this fact or not. Alcohol is a drug, caffeine is a drug, diphenhydramine is a drug, anything that's not food and enacts physiological changes in the body is a drug.

Anyways, I've never tried Snuff, but I chewed for about a month prior to getting into smoking regularly. It was quite messy and I hated the burring feeling on my gums, so I dumped the shit fairly quickly. Snuff to me seems pretty convenient, it's a nice middle ground between smoking and chewing, the nicotine hits you faster than chewing, and you can snuff indoors without breaking any bylaws.

Aside from all the negative health consequences, which I think are obvious and would be insulting your intelligence if I elaborated any further, it seems like a pretty reasonable method of ingesting nicotine to me. I've recently switched over to vaping, and if I'm going to snort anything up my nose, it's going to be cocaine or MDMA, otherwise I'd prefer to avoid such acts lol.

Edited by bamboozled321

Tobacco doesn't interest me at all, mostly because I think it looks gross. I have no issue with anyone else using it though. if people enjoy it and it doesn't hurt anyone else why shouldn't they be allowed to?

(edited)

Yes, me and my friends usually take some at parties - it's currently banned in Denmark, but one of my friends just happen to be Swedish, so he's able to "import" some whenever he's over there.  :please:

Edited by Guest

People would probably mistake me for snorting coke if I ever tried snuff. I've tried high quality cigarettes before and while I did actually enjoy the taste I never made it habit as I find the health issues related to tobacco and smoking in general to be gross. 

To each their own though. 

I don't really like snuff, I have tried it several times and it just gave me a really sick head high. :eww:

However I would never want it to be banned or anything like that. I say as long as the risk are clearly labeled people should choose what they want to do. 

Even if it could lead to it though, it's vastly less carcinogenic than cigarretes, and if you use it reasonably there shouldn't be much of a problem.

I like this statement, you see everything kills you red meat, glutian, sugar, corn syrup. If you enjoy it and the risk is worth it go for it!

• Brohoof 1

Not a fan. I smoke cigarettes, and will chew if I'm out and someone offers because " any port in a storm." Did it once and won't do it again.

I would prefer ALL tobacco to be completely illegal, but since that will never happen, if someone wants to do tobacco, I say do chew or snuff, because at the very least, there is no secondhand smoke involved. Way I see it, if you want to damage your own health and your own body, by all means, go for it, but don't be so self centered to hurt everything else around you with cigarettes.

• Brohoof 2

I would say chewing tobacco is leagues better than smoking cigarettes because it does not produce dangerous fumes ala second and third hand smoking. I say this mainly for my own health not for the user. If people want to chew, dip, or sniff tobacco I don't care just don't smoke that around me please. 

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Snus" which is the Swedish version, is very popular, and disgusting because it has a strong smell. My IRL friend's wife puts it up her upper lip, making me :eww: as well as the strong smell!

(edited)

I really could care less what people stick in their mouth or nose as long as you do the same UwU then do what you want bro.

Snuff is really popular everyone wants you to have some. I know that it is popular to use snuff meant for nose to be used in mouth. In the old days you would take glass shards mix it with it then use in your mouth. Tobacco I don't like it but I'm not some authoritarian moral idiot that believes everyone should do what I want.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 2

I don't care if other folks use it, I personally don't like chew just cause it's kindaaaa gross. :awwthanks: Isn't healthy for you either. I know that's probably a surprise coming from me aha ha. 

• Brohoof 1