Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever met anyone famous? How was it?

SrFrog

I've known Brock Leonard for the better part of twenty years. Last time we spoke was quite some time back though. Actually blew up and told him to go fucking himself.

Kind of resent the fact that somewhere along the way, he forgot that he's an athlete from South Dakota.

South Dakota, not Minneapolis or Mankato.

Brock aside, I know more fighters than I can count. I've had the opportunity to hang out and train with some of the best around.

Also...

Kevin Smith and Jay Mews are super accessible. I rock some Injustice or COD with Jay on the reg. OG View Askew boarder though, so there's a bit of history there.

But really, that whole crew is super down to earth and cool. Bry Johnson, for example, is probably one of my favorite people in the world.

Well, i meet Miroslav Klose, Hugo Almeida, Mesut Özil and i even meet Terry Funk.

I meet Miro during a Werder Bremen day of the fans meeting. He gave me an autogramm and we shot a photo together.

Almeida didn't lived far from me, during his time with Werder and i often watched him jogging with his dog.

Mesut was a local in a restaurant in Bremen. He asked if he could sit with me and i said sure. He seems to be a very shy person.

i meet Terry during a small Wrestling event in a small town outside of Bremen. My Brother had some connections backstage and we could meet him. He hates it when you call him Mr.Funk, because it makes him look old.

Edited by Hypnosparkle

I don't know if anyone here knows Thomas Sanders, he's a fairly popular Viner and the winner of Ryan Seacrest's "Favorite Vine Celebrity" contest. I know him and seem him pretty often, I wouldn't say I'm friends with him or anything but I do work with him a bit, he's a really cool guy.

I met Jay and Silent Bob at Comic-Con one time.

I am so jealous.

Edited by HunterTSN

I believe I checked the search function for an existing thread, but never found one. 

I suggest using a custom google search.

Go to google than type (keyword) site:mlpforums.com. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, I met Andy Griffiths before. He is a writer of a children's novel series called Just Stupid/Crazy/Annoying/etc.. One day he went to one of my school assemblies and talked about stuff there. I got his signature, even.

I've also met one of the developers of the Bioshock series. He isn't as well known as Mr. Griffiths, but it's nice to know somebody who has worked on a popular video game series.

Edited by Odyssey
  • Brohoof 1

I've met Brandon Routh, the one who played Superman in Superman: Returns (2006). I met him at a workout place in Iceland. My uncle was a yoga teacher and knew him. It was awesome. This picture is of me and him when I was younger. post-28830-0-01779600-1424206902_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

No, but I've seen a (I suppose famous), news reporter before. Didn't say anything to him, because who cares? Just because someone is famous doesn't mean they deserve to be revered. They're just famous. I don't understand this culture of celebrity worship, if you're gonna respect someone, it should be because of the kind of person they are, not because they sung a song, or acted in some movie. They're no more special than anybody else.

Edited by Wulfgar Von Heltzer

Vic Mignogna (Edward Elric), Chris Sarandon (Jack Skellington) and Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett) at C4Con in Winnipeg.

Vic signed my FMA Brotherhood Volume 1 DVD.

Chris signed me a poster of Nightmare Before Christmas.

Jeremy signed Return of the Jedi DVD sleeve.

They were nice, I did not wanna bother them with questions though.

Edited by SUPERFOX5

At a Comic Con, I met...

• Dan Gilvezan the voice actor for Bumblebee (80's Transformers) and Slip Stream (80's G.I. Joe)
  • William Zabka the guy who played Johnny in the original Karate Kid
  • Anthony Michael Hall who played Johnny Smith from Steven King's Dead Zone
  • Robert Englund who played Freddy Kruger or Stagman from Regular Show if you will
  • and uhhhhh... one of the people who played Jason from one of the Friday the 13th films
  • John Kassir the voice actor for the Crypt Keeper and Buster Bunny.
  • Roger L. Jackson, the Voice of Mojo Jojo and The Voice from the Scream movies.
  • David Hayter as the voice of Snake from the Metal Gear series

Little known facts about Robert Englund: he's a talker and he has very short finger nails.

Austin St. John was there (the first Red Ranger) but I was afraid I was going to start crying when I meet him for the first time.  His role as Jason was my whole reason to be a good guy.  :(

It was fun.  I could have met Verne Troyer but I would have been compelled to pick him up.  :umad:

Edited by Nit Pick

My so-called "godmother" was the lead singer of the band "Face to Face" which was somewhat popular in the 1980's. I even got to go to NYC as a child and watch them record one of their albums. Sadly they only had one video make it on MTV.

Also, before becoming a Pegasister, but after having watched the Bronies documentary, Lyle's father came in to the store I work at. I didn't say anything and considering I live in the same town as Lyle did it isn't all that unlikely. Still wondering if I will ever run across Lyle one of these days, presuming he hasn't moved out of the area, of course.

When i was little, i met paul and barry from the chuckle brothers, they're only kind of popular in the uk for doing a childrens comedy show but i grew up watching them so it was pretty magical  :wub:

they signed my picture of them and gave me a handshake, but i physically couldn't say how much i loved them from being so star struck. they said they hoped i had a great day, i squee'd then thanked them loads and left

I met Steve Young once.  He was eating a sandwich in the kitchen I worked at during a convention.  Somebody asked me if I knew who he was and I said, "Sure, you're Joe Montana," and walked away.  I didn't realize my mistake until later.  :derp: