Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Guilty pleasures confession thread

Merrypaws

So, guilty pleasures. We all have them.

Is there a movie with a plot that makes no sense, but the main character is absolutely dreamy? Really catchy song by an artist you usually hate? Book that you can't bring yourself to finish because it's THAT BAD, but there's a scene that's written so strikingly that you keep returning to it? Character you can't get enough of, even if in real life you'd most likely want to strangle them?

Gimme all those things that you like, even if you can't justify even to yourself why!

• Brohoof 1

I have a lot of guilty pleasures, first, is PAW Patrol, for a show that is by the numbers and repetitive, I still like the characters, not just because they are puppies, which are cute to me, but I do like their energy and distinct personalities, Marshall and Skye are my favourite, I wish they include Everest in more episodes though. Second, Christmas movies with reindeer as the leads, like Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer 1998, and Niko and the Way to the Stars, for it is quite uncommon for Christmas movies to focus on the reindeer, typically they focus on Santa, the elves or some curmudgeonly person, I do like it when the reindeer are characters, because it shows they have ambitions to join in a major holiday, like people do, even though they are pulling the sleigh, it is still are role for them to join in on. Third, Alpha and Omega, the first movie only, I hate the sequels, Kate and Humphrey are good wolf characters, not the most accurate wolf depiction, I am a canine biologist, and I work at a wolf sanctuary, so I know that is not the best wolf portrayal, however, I do like positive wolf characters, that are not the villains. Finally, the Lion Guard, this is a serious guilty pleasure, it has me divided in myself, there are somethings I don't like about the Lion Guard, but I do like Kion and Kiara, I watch it to see them, in additon Fuli, Ono, Beshte, and bunga, when ever he's not annoying, at least the writers have scaled back his annoyance with each episode, I also like the fact that background characters are included in the story too, it gives the Pride Lands more life, I just wish it was better, I wanted Kion to be Kiara and Kovu's first cub, that way it could continue the circle of life, to balance nostalgia with progress. 

• Brohoof 2

One of my own guilty pleasures is the animated movie Strange Magic.

It's like every possible fairy tale cliche, set to a soundtrack that most resembles a broken jukebox, but I love it.

I'm going to have to go with Birdemic.

Yes!  I laugh so hard when watching that movie.

I watch Hitler parodies as well which I find hilarious sometimes.  I also watch those G-mod TF2 videos that are just complete randomness and yet I find them hilarious.

Oh. Shall I start?

Monster High, I do not enjoy the show that much since it's typically girly with fashion and boys but I just CANNOT keep away from the monster girls, their designs and characters are so creative and awesome!

Umm... What more? Yeah.. Lion Guard. I love Lion Guard and I cannot keep away from the fascinatingly well made animation. ♡

Barbie and the Dreamhouse.

Stuffed animals.

It never ends.

• Brohoof 2

Ah..... Megas will kill me for what I'm gonna say....

1)I loved 28 Pranks Later;

2)Star Fox Zero is in my top 5 favorites Wii U games.

...... No hard feelings right Megas?

The movie Xanadu. It's atrocious and ridiculous but I really like a lot of the music and I'm a huge fan of Olivia Newton John. 

I like a lot of Michael Jackson music. I'm not a typical fan of that kind of stuff but I like the guy a lot and his music is so damn catchy! 

I watch the movie Tomorrowland all the time. It has plot problems and it falls short in some ways, but it's so entertaining overall that it's probably my favorite movie of 2015. 

I love Barbie movies and a lot of stuff geared toward younger girls and children in general. I'm certainly not ashamed of it though. I love it too much for that.  :proud:

• Brohoof 1

• Cheesy love tunes
  • There are one or two edgy bands I do like to listen to from time to time
  • Really any music in my favorites. XD
  • Transformers movies
  • Stuffed Animals/Plushies

There are a lot of things along similar lines, I am simply too tired to recall.

• Brohoof 1

• There are a lot of popular songs that I hated back in the day, but that I've gotten to enjoy now that they aren't too famous anymore. Mostly Taylor Swift songs  :please:

• I never watch them on my own, but I like Barbie and Monster High movies when I watch them with my little sister  :awuh:

Any catchy cartoon intro ever  :-P I listen to them non-stop for one or two days and then I stop. 

80's music. 80's music is best music!

• Brohoof 1

So, guilty pleasure means, bad Things, that i still enjoy?

Um, i pretty much like all the " Bad " Dc Movies like : Superman 3 and 4, The Return of Swamp Thing, Batman and Robin, Catwoman, Green Lantern, Jonah Hex...

The only Movie i really disliked was The Spirit, its not a Dc Comics Movie, but the Dc Logo is on the back of the Dvd, so....i guess its kinda a Dc Movie? But its the worst one i ever saw. XD

I also like certain unsafe Images and Animations.

Um...i like Resident Evil Survivor, i also like some Songs of Justin Bieber.

I like the Movie Timesweep and i like a few of the hated Amityville Movies, like The Curse for example.

And i like Eurodance. Like, a lot.

I love Eurodance.

Edelweiss is my Favorite !  :pinkie:

I enjoy the Call of Duty games(I guess that's now considered a guilty pleasure I guess :P).

You know what, no, I genuinely enjoy that series, I'm not counting that

My real GP is for Blasto on the PS1, I enjoy it despite the shitty jumping controls and the fact that I can never get passed level 4

Ah..... Megas will kill me for what I'm gonna say....

1)I loved 28 Pranks Later;

2)Star Fox Zero is in my top 5 favorites Wii U games.

...... No hard feelings right Megas?

sig-4736226.1077427__safe_solo_rainbow%2

Edited by Soundwave