Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often do you give bro hoofs?

Tilgoreth

True enough, I completely forgot to answer the question. Quite regularly in fact. Almost every post in fanclubs, posts I agree with or want to give a nod to, posts that made me laugh. If I don't fully agree with the post, it's rare that I brohoof it. So take it as a "Ninjaed seal of approval" if you get one. ;)

Yeah I should probably do that but I like to bro hoof everything.

You don't need the best post in the world to get one from me. It serves as an indicator that I respect your opinion and I read through everything - thoroughly!~

Yeah I brohoof almost everything

Oh Discordian reminded me, I also brohoof when there is nothing for me to add, rather than make a post "I agree with all that was said" or when a point is conceded. I try to always brohoof for a reason so as to have them as meaningful as possible.

Yeah I just brohoof everything.

I only brohoof when someone says something that appeals to me in some way. Not necessarily when they say something I agree with but when they say it in such a way that it's undeniable or simply impressive.Alternatively if the post makes me laugh.I see little point in the brohoof system if you brohoof everyone or return every brohoof. Ideally it tells who makes worthwhile posts on the forum but that's less than the reality when people get a brohoof simply for making a comment in someone's thread, even if it's something as simple as "I agree".

I know I should make mine more meanigful. But I like the name.:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I don't really do it a lot unless it gets my attention.

Yeah personally I brohoof almost anything.
  • Brohoof 2

Usually I give them when somepony makes a good point, makes it entertainingly or puts an interesting spin on it. So yeah, I give a lot of them, because there are a lot of clever, smart and funny ponies here. 

*Here's a blanket brohoof for you all*  :D

You said some pony. That deserves a brohoof. :D

When I like a post and if I agree with what was posted.

Yeah I understand that. I should probably do that to.
  • Brohoof 3

When I like a post and if I agree with what was posted.

I'd like to add that "like it" generally means "a thoughtful post"

in real life, I don't fist bump anyone...

I don't like touching people that aren't close friends and family, and I hug them.  

exceptions:

• i work with a lot of kids, and I want to avoid even the tiniest appearance of anything untoward, so i give a lot of high fives
  • at a pony convention, i am bro-hoof central.  
  • Brohoof 2

Whenever I feel like it, even though I sometimes forget that the option exists.  :-o  I give brohoofs pretty much for the same reasons other people have already stated - liking the post, which happens more often in the art sections, an opinion I agree with or the post is otherwise thoughtful. 

In real life though, I don't really do that.

Edited by Guest

Brohoofs aren't exclusive to males, you know that? :D

Heck, the very term "bronies" itself isn't exclusive to males!

I disagree. I mean, I'm not telling other women what to do. However, "bro" = "brother" which is a term for a male sibling. It is absolutely no coincidence that it's pretty much always male words somehow find their use as "gender-neutral". I don't like it, and I will not follow it. Gender-neutral terms need to be gender-neutral.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

Here on the Forums i give Brohoofs whenever :

• Someone welcomes a new User in the Forums
  • One of my closer Friends posts a Blog entry
  • I see something, i agree with
  • I dont know how to respond with a worthwhile post but still agree ( or respect the Opinion ), so i just give a Brohoof as the end of the Conversation
  • I see something funny
  • I see something cute
  • I see a new User, writing an Introduction

Of course this only happens, if i actually see a Post.

I dont brohoof every Welcome Post because im not online that much.

In real life, i never Brohoof because i never saw a Brony.

And to say Brohoof to a random Person...no, im to afraid of what the response could be. :lol:

Edited by Nanotek
  • Brohoof 3

I disagree. I mean, I'm not telling other women what to do. However, "bro" = "brother" which is a term for a male sibling. It is absolutely no coincidence that it's pretty much always male words somehow find their use as "gender-neutral". I don't like it, and I will not follow it. Gender-neutral terms need to be gender-neutral.

Perhaps we should rename to what Pinkie calls it:

mlfw2992_small.jpg

• Brohoof 4

I see, well it's your choice after all. I for one would have brohooved just the same even had it been called sis-hoof or sib(ling)-hoof or whatever. They're merely words, they have little meaning by themselves. It's how people use them that give them meaning, which is why words can change meaning over time. Although I do agree gender-neutral terms should be gender-neutral. Remains of a male-dominatd society. I just find it a bit sad that you won't brohoof anyone because of it. Heck males use female ponies emotes to express themselves. But hey, I won't sue you for it. If those are your values, I'll respect them. :grin:

Hoofbump! /)

Edited by Ninjaed
  • Brohoof 3

mlfw2992_small.jpg

Yes, that's the official term for it. It's show-related, and is gender-neutral. That's what it should be on this forum, too.

I see, well it's your choice after all. I for one would have brohooved just the same even had it been called sis-hoof or sib(ling)-hoof or whatever. They're merely words, they have little meaning by themselves. It's how people use them that give them meaning, which is why words can change meaning over time. Although I do agree gender-neutral terms should be gender-neutral. Remains of a male-dominatd society. I just find it a bit sad that you won't brohoof anyone because of it. Heck males use female ponies emotes to express themselves. But hey, I won't sue you for it. If those are your values, I'll respect them. :grin:

Hoofbump! /)

While you may think that, I sincerely doubt that people would have reacted the same way to "sis". It would have been rejected immediately as non-gender neutral... It's really telling that the same culture will still accept masculine terms as gender-neutral without question. Feminine expressions are automatically labeled as non-neutral, while masculine expressions are not.

These are not the remnants of a male-dominated society. Our society is still male-dominated. So I will reject it in any way I possibly can.

• Brohoof 1

I love giving brohooves to the members in these forums. I do it pretty often. That strenghtens the bond of friendships :)

Edited by Kenshiro
  • Brohoof 4

@@TheImmortalLegendG, since this thread involves bronydom, I am moving it to Sugarcube Corner.  

Also, I have never given a brohoof IRL. I joked with my wife about it once and she's never been able to let me live it down.

Yeah I've never met a brony in real life.

I am very glad to hear it. I hope you keep on brohoofing :D

Yeah I plan on it. Brohoof for life.
  • Brohoof 3

sig-4733042.mlfw2992_small.jpg

^ This.

Although pressing a "brohoof" button does not bother me, I think "hoofbump" fits the flavor of the site much better.

As for the question... not all that often. I have never been all the big into the whole "liking" things and such. It does not bother me or anything, I just never really have gotten into using it all that much. I actually forget about it a lot though as well and just don't think about it even when I read something that impresses me or I truly agree with. Although if a post truly makes me laugh, I will usually remember to "hoofbump" it, since I find humor and creativity a wonderful thing.

• Brohoof 3

^ This.

Although pressing a "brohoof" button does not bother me, I think "hoofbump" fits the flavor of the site much better.

As for the question... not all that often. I have never been all the big into the whole "liking" things and such. It does not bother me or anything, I just never really have gotten into using it all that much. I actually forget about it a lot though as well and just don't think about it even when I read something that impresses me or I truly agree with. Although if a post truly makes me laugh, I will usually remember to "hoofbump" it, since I find humor and creativity a wonderful thing.

Brohoof me boss.

Knock knock

Who's there?

Pinkie

Pinkie who?

Pinkie aren't you glad I wrung I knocked?

Oh my God Pinkie pie is real!!!!

Oh wait it was a dream.

Shoot.

• Brohoof 1

Sure I do! I broohoof whatever I agree with or find to be clever. There have been times when some friends and I have brohoofed and unbrohoofed each other's posts multiple times just to mess with each other. XD

IRL, I don't brohoof people. :please:

• Brohoof 3

Sure I do! I broohoof whatever I agree with or find to be clever. There have been times when some friends and I have brohoofed and unbrohoofed each other's posts multiple times just to mess with each other. XD

IRL, I don't brohoof people. :please:

Huh, you're making me wonder... Do some people unbrohoof a post, aside from trolling friends (who doesn't like doing that :lol: )? I never have unbrohooved, I don't see the point - unless the content has been changed.

• Brohoof 3

Huh, you're making me wonder... Do some people unbrohoof a post, aside from trolling friends (who doesn't like doing that :lol: )? I never have unbrohooved, I don't see the point - unless the content has been changed.

Yep! I've accidentally brohoofed something (as I was on mobile and mis-tapped :derp:). I've only ever unbrohoofed it if it's a viewpoint I really don't agree with. ^^

• Brohoof 4