Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who Got You Into Games That You Now Love?

chaosprincess

Some coworkers at my job and a friend of mine from high school got me into Overwatch. I kept hearing about how great of a game it was, but I didn't really look into it. My friend told me to try the demo out and give it a chance. It wasn't until one of the coworkers explained what each character could do, that I decided to download and try out the demo. Since then, I got the game the day it came out and have enjoyed it immensely. 

Another game that others got me into was the Kingdom Hearts series. Some friends from elementary school, as well as some friends from middle school got me into the game. The title and game didn't really catch my interest at first. However, during the later parts of the game, I suddenly became very interested. The combat looked really cool and the bosses were intense and difficult. I decided to buy Kingdom Hearts 1 around 2004. Since then, I've played all the titles that are out and had fun playing the game series. 

• Brohoof 2

The first time I'd ever heard about the any Zelda games was from a friend who let me lend his copy of Minish Cap, and I thought it was alright, I liked the music, the adventure, the sense of playing as this hero in a world full of monsters and saving a kingdom. So naturally, I looked into other games from the series, the new one out at the time was Wind Waker (spoiler, my favourite game of all time to this day) Being on a home console to play on a TV instead of a small screen was a step up from the start, but my god

The music, even more beautiful than I could've imagined. The world, huge with tons of stuff to do. The art style was amazing to me back in those days, and most importantly, I was at an age were I still had child-like wonderment, but was also starting to be semi-decent at games with a little challenge. For me, it was a combination of both the game, and the timing. Who knows, if I hadnt been introduced to the series when I was, I might not be in love with the Zelda games as much as I am now, and I honestly cannot thank my friend enough for that

Edited by Mimikyu Mothra
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

My friend CBWWI got me into MGS, Elder Scrolls, Dead Space, Hearthstone, and Fallout.

Another friend Rodekiller got me into Overwatch, Gears of War, and Minecraft.

And my father got me into Zelda games, World of Warcraft, and retro gaming in general.

• Brohoof 1

I've pretty much found all my own games, besides rocket league. Had a friend tell me about it, said I'd look into it. About two weeks later I bought it and haven't regretted it.

• Brohoof 1

Friends, always friends. They start playing something, or recommend it, I usually get into them quite quickly, or don't even bother trying them. I was introduced to league of legends by a couple of my friends, and I quickly got better than them, and as of now it's one of the games that I can't seem to quit.

My brothers got me into the games, but I started out with NES games. Probably the games that my brothers got me into was Mario, LoZ, Final Fantasy, Metroid (probably Super Metroid is what I started out with), Dragon Warrior / Quest, Kirby, Pokemon, and Mega Man. It's probably that I started out with Mario, LoZ, Final Fantasy, and Mega man for the NES which my brothers got me into the most.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

My best friend in school got me into RPGs, when I was about 9. I was never a fan, but he got me to try out the Pokemon games and I loved those. From there, I branched out into other RPGs. :)

In almost all cases, my older brother did. My brother introduced me to Pokémon (which ended up introducing me to the rest of the RPG genre), my brother introduced me to Smash (which introduced me to Kirby, Star Fox, and the et cetera), my brother introduced me to MOBAs and Team Fortress 2 (both of which led me to Paladins eventually), and my brother introduced me to Halo: CE (which led to my interest in some FPS games). The only exception to this rule that I can think of are already mentioned here in some capacity, as they sort of aren't when I think about it considering that almost all of them probably were introduced to me through games my brother introduced to me.