Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anyone like to watch the news?

zerox

Frankly, outside of the weather forecast, no. I'm honestly more interested in what's going on in my personal life and the lives of those I care about than anything that may happen on the news. I know that may sound harsh in some cases, but that's just how I feel about it; I care more about what happens in my day-to-day life and the lives of my family and friends (yes, you lovely folks are included ;)).

I'd rather die a slow and painful death than watch the news. It's all distorted, mis-reported and in many cases just made up by liberal media. There is no integrity in the news and I wouldn't want to watch it in any case because it's too depressing. If you want to hear anything upbeat, you have to sit through a half hour of misery before they finally get to the 'puff piece' at the end. 

I do like to watch the news, particularly Fox News because they're not always trying to bash Trump. I like Trump, and it got pretty tiring watching stations like CNN or MSNBC always trying to push their one-sided, anti-Trump agenda.

I also listen to the radio too, particularly MPR news, they aren't too biased one way or the other,  and I like that. I also like a lot of their weekend programs too.  

Sometimes, although I don't watch it on TV. I usually just type "Trump" and see what he's up to :wacko: . Then again any results I'd get wouldn't really be "new" :P .

I really only watch it for the weather and local stuff.

On 3/12/2018 at 10:44 PM, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

I do like to watch the news, particularly Fox News because they're not always trying to bash Trump. I like Trump, and it got pretty tiring watching stations like CNN or MSNBC always trying to push their one-sided, anti-Trump agenda.

Nice to know I'm not the only one. :D

Edited by Who?
  • Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

I don't. I pretty much quit watching the news a couple years ago. Noticed the drop in blood pressure afterwards. lol

I do get some news from online sources, tho.

nope , never have and never will unless if its life threatening or when there is actual news , but i do accept the weather news since i live close to  tornado ally xD ...tornados scare me to ware i pack up my xbox one in my backpack to the stormshelter....i aint loosing 500$ out the window. xD

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This may change, but as of now it is generally not often. I have the attitude that the news not only has a bias problem, but they also determine what topics people are to think about in the first place. "How are they attempting to propagandizing me?" (An interesting position of which I am aware is to purposefully avoid supposed neutral or moderate news sources and only consume those who hold more radical political views and more or less proudly proclaim it.) Unless I purposefully keep track of what has been said, I am aware that I will have forgotten this or that news article in about three weeks' time so a given news source can completely change their narrative without me noticing. I think it is already safe for me to me to assume that whatever I read or watch, in most cases I will be disappointed at least but even worse is that my way of understanding of the world may be further removed from reality; so I may as well use the time to do something else.

No not really.  Though sometimes I do listen to NPR on my drive home at night because I find talking on the radio to be oddly relaxing, but a lot of times even then I don’t want to hear news so I’ll listen to a Catholic channel because it’s talking and and they don’t delve into politics much at all. 

I do watch our local news a lot for the weather.  Our meteorologist is a gem.  

• 1 month later...