Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

YOU have to babysit Flurry Heart! What do you do?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

With Flurry of Emotions now premiered and done, it got me thinking about Flurry and Twily, their bonding experience and how Twilight handled the overall situation. Definitely wasn't an easy one, but she pulled through. :twi:

Here is the thing though, it is clear she was able to get the job done in the end, but could we all have done the same thing in the same situation? Perhaps we all would have our own techniques or things to do when it comes to babysitting, but this particular job would require a bit of extra care.

So, if YOU were tasked with babysitting Flurry Heart, what would you do? What would your tactics be? What activities? This would be quite the hoofful, so it would be interesting to know what you all would do.

Me, I would either decline the request because I have basically no experience or if I had no choice, and this might seem predictable from me, I would introduce Flurry to the wonderful world of video games! If possible. XD If she could have it, cereal would be the preferred snack, and that would be easy as I already love cereal. :P Most likely wouldn't leave the house though. For me, best possibly safety would be indoors in that scenario. 

• Brohoof 5

Duck and Cover, and pray to all the gods I can think of just in case.

In all seriousness though, decline the offer to babysit. I like living and as adorable as Flurry seems, I don't think I can care for a normal baby, let alone an extra magical alicorn baby. I like your idea of introducing her to video games though, let's just hope she's not the raging type.:unsure:

• Brohoof 4

I'm a 19 year old with zero parenting or babysitting experience so I'm afraid I'm going to have to decline the offer. :P Maybe if I were a unicorn I would do it, just because it would be easier to keep up with Flurry's magic.

Ask Shining Armor and Cadence about everything that I need to know about Flurry Heart's needs, and likes, and any other guidelines and useful information, create a long list of those things that would make Twilight proud, and try to do my best to abide by those rules.

Either that or ask someone like Pinkie Pie who has experience babysitting for some help.

I would probably follow a very, very strict checklist to make sure not a hair was out of place on her head, but also play with her whenever it wasn't time for a bath or feeding or something. I'd also make sure she didn't get upset at any time, and snap and do the things the two above did do whatever she wanted as long as that didn't counteract the schedule.

First I'd start writing my will... then I'd just try to keep up with her and hope my magic is strong enough to help me babysit an alicorn. I better be paid well for this. :dry:

Easy.  I would say, "HEY, STARLIIIIIGHT!  Break out the Starswirl time spell, girlfriend!  We're gonna stop this thing from ever existing."

Failing that, I would take Flurry to Tartarus, set her in from of Cerberus, and say, "Watch this thing for me, will ya?"

In more seriousness, anybody else think that the magic damper at the Equestria Games could prove very useful for Flurry until she grows up a bit?

• Brohoof 2

On 4/22/2017 at 2:16 PM, A.V. said:

Ask Thorax for a pacifier made from a remaining piece of Chrysalis's throne.

On 5/5/2017 at 5:13 AM, Justin_Case001 said:

In more seriousness, anybody else think that the magic damper at the Equestria Games could prove very useful for Flurry until she grows up a bit?

In all seriousness, these two are probably the best ideas I've yet to see.  The only reason Twilight and Flurry's parents have been able to deploy largely conventional methods in raising her (it seems) is because in both instances there's always an alicorn watching over her.  Otherwise everypony else is pretty much out of their league magic wise, so yeah, magic dampeners of some kind would actually be perfectly valid ideas in this instance! :proud:

• Brohoof 1

On 4/22/2017 at 2:16 PM, A.V. said:

Ask Thorax for a pacifier made from a remaining piece of Chrysalis's throne.

On 4/26/2017 at 7:48 PM, ggg-2 said:

Casting a duplicating spell on Whammy just in case of emergencies.

On 5/5/2017 at 5:13 AM, Justin_Case001 said:

You three have fully understood what it takes to babysit. I'm sending you my nieces and nephew to test these theories out. 

Me? I am supremely confident in my non-magical approach to watching infants and toddlers. I gots game. 

• Brohoof 2

23 minutes ago, Jeric said:

I am supremely confident in my non-magical approach to watching infants and toddlers. I gots game. 

And then the furniture starts to attack you.

And I have the ultimate babysitter in my house. It's called television. And I have enough stations and dvds... i am bound to find some stuff to keep her riveted.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, GrimGrimoire said:

And then the furniture starts to attack you.

And I have the ultimate babysitter in my house. It's called television. And I have enough stations and dvds... i am bound to find some stuff to keep her riveted.

Just give her your smart phone with some game apps. 

Boom! Happy Alicorn!