Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's Your Favorite Song In The Soundtrack?

Lonely Fanboy48

I know the movie didn't went to theaters yet but the soundtrack has been release so what's your favorite song?

Mine is Off To See The World by Lukas Graham

A perfect song for the ponies adventure outside of Equestria.

Edited by Lonely Fanboy48
  • Brohoof 2

I absolutely love them all, I don't think I'll be able to choose at this point. :huh: They are so different from the songs we get in the show, which is a good thing because it seperates it from one another. If I have to choose, however, I think it's going to be... 

Spoiler

This one! :P I would've said Rainbows, but I don't want to consider that a soundtrack since it's really just an official song of Sia, if I make sense? :huh: 

Of the songs that are sung by characters

1. Rainbow

2. Open Your Eyes

3. Time to be Awesome

4. One Small Thing

5. I'm the Friend That You Need

6. We Got This Together

3-6 are so close it might as well be a tie. 6 is great song, but it gets last pending seeing it on the big screen as there have been moments in the clips of the song that look like the mouth animations are off. 

Open You Eyes is a great villain song and I noticed that Tempest says 'anyBODY' and not 'anyPONY'. I'm guessing she is so pissed at ponykind that she has rejected even their linguistic norms. 

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

1- Rainbow. I had never heard a Sia song, didn't know she was Australian, had difficulty understanding it the first time. Did the second time, amazing song.
2- Open Your Eyes. Awesome villain song, vocals by Blunt.
3- We Got This. Nice jaunty song to really kick it off.
4- Time to be Awesome. It was fun.
5- One Small Thing, also fun.
6- I'm The Friend You Need. Eh?

• Brohoof 1

1) Just One Small Thing

2) Time to be Awesome

3) Rainbow

4) Open Your Eyes

5) I'm the Friend You Need

6) We've Got This Together

As a longtime Dash fan, Time to be Awesome was everything I wanted out of her in a song. She's cocky, confident and full of energy, and she's using all that energy to motivate people to be brave and chase their dreams, as she's chased hers. But Shannon Chan-Kent and Kristin Chenoweth collabing was just too magical for me not to have it at number one. Song was bouncier than a superball. 

I have to go with Open Your Eyes and Rainbow. Both were very surprising for me in their own way. Open Your Eyes was powerful, it felt like it had emotional weight attached to it unlike the other songs. Rainbow, I can't explain why, but this song is one of the reasons why I cried at the end. It gave me joy, along with the film in general.

• Brohoof 1

The sountrack was great, mostly catchy songs that pushed the plot forward.

My rank would be:

1. Open up Your Eyes.

2. I'm the Friend You Need.

3. Rainbow.

4. We Got This.

5. One Small Thing.

6. Time to be Awesome.

All of them are keepers, I'll definitely be getting the soundtrack.

• Brohoof 1

For now: 

1. Time to be Awesome 

2. Rainbow 

3. Ponies got the Beat 

4. Open up Your Eyes 

5. I'm the Friend You Need 

6. One Small Thing 

But may change as I listen to them more 

Edited by CoolConfucius

Open Up Your Eyes, I love villain songs and this one was particularly good. The scene was also my favorite moment of the movie, mainly due to the flashback segment. 

Edited by Ganondox

I have four favorites, which are "We Got This Together", "One Small Thing", "Open Up Your Eyes", and "Rainbow". My least favorite is "I'm The Friend You Need", but "Time to be Awesome" is in the middle. Cool, but not one of my faves. I'm starting to have a soft spot for it, though.

Open your Eyes. The environment where she sings plays a bit on nostalgia Star Wars The Empire Returns and a bit of the start up of Lion King's Scar Be Prepared villain song.

• 4 weeks later...

"Open Up Your Eyes" and "I'm the Friend You Need" we're the only memorable songs in the movie, imo. That being said, since it's a villain song, it's only natural that "Open Up Your Eyes" was and is my favorite.

On 7/10/2017 at 9:39 AM, DonMaguz said:

The sountrack was great, mostly catchy songs that pushed the plot forward.

My rank would be:

1. Open up Your Eyes.

2. I'm the Friend You Need.

3. Rainbow.

4. We Got This.

5. One Small Thing.

6. Time to be Awesome.

All of them are keepers, I'll definitely be getting the soundtrack.

Wow, after a month of watching the movie for the first time and listening the songs at different moments during the last weeks, my favorite songs are:

1. Open Up Your Eyes.
2. Time to be Awesome.
3. I'm the Friend You Need.
4. One Small Thing.
5. Rainbow.
6. We Got This.

The first seven songs are all consistently good; the rest though miss their mark...with one exception. That said, my ranking is as follows...

1. Rainbow
2. Open Up Your Eyes
3. Time To Be Awesome
4. I'm The Friend That You Need
5. One Small Thing
6. We Got This Together
7. Off To See The World

As for that other song...well, if you've seen The Golden Girls...you will know what I mean. ;)