Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sparity needs to die

Whirlwindmark

Next season this ship needs to officially end. Spike needs to just let it out and hear the hard truths.

1. Rarity is TOO old for him.

2. Rarity is NOT into dragons(she's kinda racist, aside from Spike)

3. They are not the same species 

Just end the ship so we can all move on.

• Brohoof 3

I agree that the crush needs to end, but not for these reasons. I just don't like how Rarity abuses his crush to have him do things for her. Besides, at this point, the crush is just there for comedy now, but no one's laughing. Last time the crush was cute was in season 4 in Inspiration Manifestation. Now it kinda died out.

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, MegaSean45 said:

I agree that the crush needs to end, but not for these reasons. I just don't like how Rarity abuses his crush to have him do things for her. Besides, at this point, the crush is just there for comedy now, but no one's laughing. Last time the crush was cute was in season 4 in Inspiration Manifestation. Now it kinda died out.

Agreed. It really just needs to end, plus it's kinda pedo

• Brohoof 1

The writers had a chance to make something out of Sparity in the first few seasons but now it has just gotten old. Spike and Ember would make a better couple. Not only because they are both dragons, but because I feel they have more in common.

• Brohoof 4

1 minute ago, Prospekt said:

The writers had a chance to make something out of Sparity in the first few seasons but now it has just gotten old. Spike and Ember would make a better couple. Not only because they are both dragons, but because I feel they have more in common.

True, plus dragons age slower, so basically Spike would be able to grow to become a suitable mate. Much better then wanting some pony(who won't live as long as you and can't reproduce a child with you AND does not like you)

• Brohoof 2

I never cared for it and was always astonished that Rarity was the pony Spike crushed on. Of all the Mane 6, she's probably the one with the least in common with him. Literally anyone else in the show would be a more believable marefriend for him than Rarity.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, n1029 said:

I never cared for it and was always astonished that Rarity was the pony Spike crushed on. Of all the Mane 6, she's probably the one with the least in common with him. Literally anyone else in the show would be a more believable marefriend for him than Rarity.

Agreed. It's stupid. And just poorly written.

2 hours ago, n1029 said:

I think the writers only made Spike crush on Rarity because of Rarity's association with gems, which dragons are supposed to like.

47 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

I think the writers only made Spike crush on Rarity because of Rarity's association with gems, which dragons are supposed to like.

The original reason for it was to show that Rarity is supposed to be extremely beautiful, but it never hit anyone other than Spike and it just became a bad joke. 

• Brohoof 2

Haha!! Well the not-the-same-species thing is absolutely not a deterrent at all for people like me. Interspecies ships and hybrid kids are my JAM. I actually ship Spike with a DIFFERENT pony.

I’m just not into their dynamic as a couple. I agree the show needs to put it to rest if they aren’t going to do anything with it, but for those that love it, I don’t mind it at all. As long as Spike is aged up to an adult, ship it to the end of your days for all I care.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, ChB said:

Is it Sweetie Belle?

That's who I ship him with! :3 Even though they barely interact there's just something about those two that just seems perfect!

Other than her, I also ship him with Ember!

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

That's who I ship him with! :3 Even though they barely interact there's just something about those two that just seems perfect!

Sweetie Belle and Spike is just... uck. Please unship it.

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Cool. I ship Spike with Ember, and Sweetie Belle with Button Mash. 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, n1029 said:

I can actually explain the reasoning behind this. In the first episode Lauren wanted to portray Rarity as being beautiful, moreso than the other characters. Visually this is hard to depict since most adult mares shared one general design. There isn't much that would sell that Rarity would be considered attractive. To get around this Faust used Spike to literally tell the audience that they are expected to imagine Rarity is particularly beautiful. 

After that they started to reference this scene as they were writing the other season 1 episodes, but before it became a gag, it was literally just a workaround for the limits of the shared design. 

59 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

But Sweetie x Buttonmash is the OTP right? :D