health What’s Your Workout Routine?

Lunar Glow

Just wondering what you all do to stay fit! :grin:

Every morning I run at least 3 and a half miles, then lift weights, and then spin for about twenty minutes on 20 resistance.

This is just my usual routine...it’s not including any excercize I do for fun, like swimming or dancing, but you guys are welcome to include it!

Share as much or as little as you like! No workout too small! 

• Brohoof 1

I go to the gym every other day to do free weight lifting, add this to being on the high school Basketball and Track team and I've got myself a  healthy workout routine 

• Brohoof 1

beep beep (formally known as woodchunks66)

I ran about 2 miles, minor weight lifting, small set of exercises from my physician everyday. And since it's summer, I do swimming.  

• Brohoof 1

ezgif-3-2022f43b7e48.gif.cc21d01322ba58d07570880d654a323e.gif.329d04ca2e8802045b40325a74a30f1d.gif

♪ "I practice every day to find some clever lines to say, to make the meaning come through"♪

What's a workout?

Spoiler

I have to walk a lot because I don't drive and my job involves plenty of movement and heavy lifting so there's that at least. I'd like to set up a morning routine but I'm not motivated enough.

(edited)

I honestly don't have one, but I'm trying to walk long distances more often. A skateboard would help a lot and make being outside more fun - if only I had balance and muscle memory to control it.

Edited by Wiz Ahmad
  • Brohoof 1

“All Muslims are like a foundation, each strengthening the other; in such a way they do support each other.” (Abu Musa, Bukhari & Muslim)

“Say: He is God, who is One. God, the Eternal. He begets not, nor is He begotten. And there is none like unto Him.” (Chapter 112, Qur'an)

Cardio on machines at the gym, weight lifting at the gym, some biking. Other stuff like shooting hoops, tennis, going on walks. I try to be really active. I don’t do it every day but a couple times a week for sure.

(edited)

I walk around the block for about thirty-five minutes everyday--weather permitting--and thanks to all the inclines around my neighbourhood, I get a little extra challenge though I do also change up my route for an additional challenge and to give myself more to look at. I also use a treadmill for roughly twenty minutes on most days with a high incline but I have to use a low speed due to my dad's fish tank being on the other side of the wall.

Edited by Ganondorf8
Added a bit more.

rainbowfalls_sig.png.9f23ec82e216af1315704914cd3052b1.png

I use resistance bands and body weight exercises for strength training. My cardio is HEMA and Lightsaber training. 

May the Friendship be with you. 

451464493_ForumSig.thumb.png.48186567011a6ac6b35659332f165d41.png

(edited)

On most days, I take a walk around my neighbourhood - usually for around 20 to 30 minutes. I try to challenge myself by increasing the pace, as well as to produce better results.

Edited by Cash In

At first I rejected the zero, but that was because I simply didn't understand it. Now I do.

(edited)

W-work out routine? Me? *falls on the floor laughing*

Like, due to issues with my feet I can hardly even walk these days. Exercising can hardly even cross my mind.

Edited by Envy

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!

3x a week jogging couch 2 5k program (up to 1.33 miles at a stretch...which is huge for me). My block is exactly .33 miles, so it's a great track.

Long walks during lunch breaks

3 x per week a simple bodyweight/dumbell workout (3 sets each of 20 pushups, 20 squats holding dumbbell, 20 bent over rows each arm with dumbell). Singular dumbell is 50lbs. Plus stretching. 

ezgif-5-195349d93672.gif.635dae235c083828c0ca26674abe835e.gif.361b56c29ddd1e04b8f20d25978552ed.gif

Courtesy of @Sparklefan1234

I basically walk...A lot! After a car accident, and the resulting week in the hospital, plus months of recovery, it took ages for me to get back into stride. I did it though!

• Brohoof 1

imageproxy_php.gif.79d30fb629f5f637d2be13581d906b35.gif

Thank you Sparklefan1234!!!

Not as Into it as I used to be , but I usually just go 3-4 Low Volume High Intensity Compound Exercises every other days. Deadlifts, Squats, Bench Press, Dips, Weighted Pull Ups etc. 

My favourite's still deadlifts because It really helped me out with my Bad posture when I was younger...

90.png.87066a8eeb0f3ea5134a5c3445430305.png

I walk about a mile and a half every day since I had back surgery last year. The doc told me to do it for the first couple months after the surgery but I got into the habit and it's been good for me. I've also been going to the gym several times a week for years now. I like the elliptical machine for burning calories, but I sometimes do very light weights (like 2-4 lbs) to keep everything firm without gaining muscle. Aerobics on occasion, when I'm feeling more ambitious. 

• 6 years later...

It's not really a routine, but I'm trying to get back into weight-lifting and muscle building! Starting with jumping jacks, push-ups, sit-ups, and squats.

• Brohoof 2

*totally not up to any shenanigans* :ithastolookpretty:

• 2 weeks later...

Over the past year, I’ve made quite a few changes to my workout routine. I used to have a lengthy list of exercises for my upper body exercises, but now I’m shifting my focus more toward cardio and leg workouts. While I’m currently prioritizing these areas, I’m considering reintroducing some upper body workouts again eventually.

Morning Routine

Every morning, I wake up around 4 AM to start my day with some stretching and yoga before heading to the gym. This helps me loosen up and get in the right mindset for the workout ahead. The gym is a 5 min drive away thankfully.

New Addition: Ab Workouts

This week, I’ve added ab workouts to my routine, aiming to do them five times a week (Monday through Friday). I’m starting with 3 sets of 10 reps of situps, with 3 sets of planking in between(30-45 seconds), working my way up to 3 sets of 15 reps over time for situps and 1 minute of planking to improve my core. I will be adding more ab workouts over time.

Leg Days

I’ve dedicated two days a week to leg workouts. Here’s what my leg day currently looks like:

• Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 15 reps at 130 lbs
  • Hip Abduction: 3 sets of 15 reps at 135 lbs
  • Calf Raises: 3 sets of 12 reps at 180 lbs
  • Leg Press: 3 sets of 20 reps at 210 lbs
  • Glute Machine: 3 sets of 10 reps at 100 lbs (This is a recent addition, and it’s been incredibly helpful)

*Not doing squats yet*

Cardio Routine

After completing my leg workouts, I hit the treadmill for an hour of cardio. Over the past two weeks, I’ve been averaging over 4 miles per session. I might be slow, but I’ve come a long way.

Swimming

About a month ago, I added swimming to my routine twice a week. The beginning and end of the week. Learning to swim has been challenging, but it’s also been a lot of fun. I spend 45 minutes to an hour in the pool at 5 AM. Surprisingly, the pool gets quite full throughout the 5am hour and rest of the day.

Brisk Walks

In the last two weeks, I’ve started going for brisk walks on the weekend during dusk or while it’s still dark in the morning. I walk for about an hour, covering over 4.5 miles. Sometimes I get amped up and start jogging for some parts of it. This has been a refreshing way to get some extra cardio in while enjoying the peacefulness of the early morning.

My workouts are nothing too serious like some of you here, but I have lost some considerable weight so far and I plan to lose a lot more. (More on that story soon).

• Excited 1
  • Party! 1