Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you call your friends?

Dashy 4 Ever

What do you call your friends?  

23 users have voted

1. 1. What do you call your friends? (Masculine)

• Dude
    • Bro
    • Man
    • Bud
    • Bruh
    • Other: State what
  2. 2. What do you call your friends? (Feminine)

• Girl
    • (By name)
    • Bestie
    • BFF
    • Other: State What

I never though there were Masculine and Feminine ways of calling friends. I thought we just call our friends the way we usually call them.

Other than that, I just call my friends by their names because it seems more natural and decent than having to call them “dude.” But there are rare occasions where I would call one of my friends “dude” but usually when I’m hesitant or in a rush.

Okay, this will get interesting. 

Regardless of gender, everyone gets called "bro, bruh, dude, man" etc. XD And regardless of gender, I'll call someone, dear, hon, sweetie, honey-face, darling. Sometimes even nerd and dork/dorkus, dorkasaurus.

But see, my friends and I, we like to do that playful ragging on each other and use these next words as more "ironic or hilarious" terms of endearment.
Ahem, warning, cuss words and maybe not so nice words ahead:

Spoiler

Bitch, ho, slut, slut-puppy, ho-bag, cock jockey, jizz wizard, asshole, jerk, bastard/dumb/crazy bastard, weirdo, asshat, jerk-off, faggot, gay-wad, gaybo, fuck boi, fucker, dumbass, dumb-fuck, fuck-ass. Douche-canoe is a product of my best friend. I love it when she uses that one to describe someone stupid.

Just to name a few. These sound horrible, but we're friends, it's all in context and tone. We don't actually mean these words in an insulting manner, we again, use it as more of a joking term of endearment.

Edited by King Blanketfort

When I had friends IRL, I had known them for many years (geez, I sound like I'm an elder lol), and I would either call them by their names or I would refer to each of them as "my old friend".

I rarely call people by their names these days though. :sunny: Spending most of your life online away from people will do that to some, I guess. :P

• Brohoof 2

It's usually "bud" for all my friends who are guys, and "girl" for all my female friends :laugh: Most of the time though, I call them by their first name. 

And then sometimes I might use "honey" for both genders, not always though. 

I started calling my best friend "homie" and "homeslice" as a joke a few years ago but it stuck. Otherwise I just call most of my friends "dude" (even my female ones)  though I sometimes greet my best friend with "How do you do, Mr. Weeaboo?" in our steam chats.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I mean, my best friend is a guy and I call him bestie a lot. lol.

I also call him dude or bro too, or just his real name.

Most of my other friends I'll just call them by their real name.