Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When you think of Outer Space

heavens-champion

Just the beauty of it. It's terrifying, yet also has a type of tranquility to it. And there's always more to discover. I think of space a lot.

• Brohoof 3

Just how small and isolated we are. We can look all we want with our telescopes and probes, but to go beyond our own solar system is unlikely. It's the embodiment of a dream. Visible but out of reach.

• Brohoof 2

I think of my favorite planet: Saturn  B) Ha ha

I think about what other planets beyond our solar system look like and if other lifeforms exist there. I also think about what it would be like to experience space travel at the speed of light. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

"Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before."

• Brohoof 1

On 1/8/2019 at 5:51 AM, Lucky Bolt said:

Stars, planets, galaxies...so much unexplored. Oh! And black holes. I've always had a huge fascination with black holes. 

I'm kind of a black hole myself... for pasta.

Anyway I don't know; Outer Space is too... out there for me. (Wha, wha, wha)

Well, here's my list of thoughts.

• I think about how big space is. Like seriously, think about how big space is. Our solar system is just a speck in a galaxy, called the Milky Way. And the Milky Way is just a speck compared to the rest of the universe. (And also a really good candy bar)
  • I think about pulsars. Pulsars are rotating neutron stars that emit a beam of electromagnetic radiation. From Earth, it looks like a blinking star. Think of a lighthouse; you can only see the light when it's pointing at you. I think pulsars are really cool. Like disco lights.
  • I think about Mars, and how close we are to colonizing it. We've found lakes of liquid water below the surface of Mars, and the dirt on Mars could theoretically grow crops. Maybe we'll see the colonization of Mars in our lifetimes. What would you do if Mars was colonized? Would you venture out to Mars? Or would you stay here on Earth? I'd stay, unless they had Wi-Fi on Mars.
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to think about its immensity, its beauty, and its creation. To think that it was all once condensed into a single point is amazing! I also tend to think about religion and God, and the overall nothingness of our little planet compared to the universe. 

• Brohoof 1

Thinking about space often inspires a variety of emotions from me. Sometimes I may look at the night sky at the stars and be filled with a strange feeling, knowing that we are technically on just a tiny little speck among it all. That we at all times are circling a massive ball of gas and fire that makes this planet seem almost non-existent and yet, that star is also nothing in the grand scale of the universe. It is....humbling, awe-inspiring, but also a fuel of fear for me at times. Knowing that technically all it could take is one catastrophic event from space to destroy Earth. If a strong enough solar flare hit 100%, you never know if that could be disastrous. At all times this unimaginable power and energy is there. Within a galaxy that contains billions upon billions of stars just like it, some smaller, some over 10 million times larger. Thinking of space makes me feel like a kid again, always wondering about what all is out there and what we are missing at this very moment. 

The universe is something I fear and respect and it will always make me question things and seek further answers wherever they may be.

Edited by Kyoshi

LOTS of things. surprisingly not much relating to aliens.

More related to this though.

t.png.1aa2f3d1b323823f61a85d20999b81bf.png

2014-05-30-ruminating_02.gif.c071a3b50bb63194ab0fe9db01bdb311.gif

Which is why I just try to keep myself busy.

Edited by Cirrus.

• 2 months later...