heavens-champion

When you think of Outer Space

Stars, planets, galaxies...so much unexplored. Oh! And black holes. I've always had a huge fascination with black holes. 

Just the beauty of it. It's terrifying, yet also has a type of tranquility to it. And there's always more to discover. I think of space a lot.

Just how small and isolated we are. We can look all we want with our telescopes and probes, but to go beyond our own solar system is unlikely. It's the embodiment of a dream. Visible but out of reach.

Potential life on all those planets, different cultures, who knows?

Badges

I think of my favorite planet: Saturn  B) Ha ha

I think about what other planets beyond our solar system look like and if other lifeforms exist there. I also think about what it would be like to experience space travel at the speed of light. ^_^

Hmmm, lots actually. Like Colonization on a newly terraformed planet or moon, traveling space via space ships and such. Discovering new races out there, of course, the peaceful ones and not the invading types. :-D

When I think of space, I think of stars and planets. I know that space is a lot of nothingness.

"Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before."

• Brohoof 1
  • Yay 1

https _airandspace.si.edu_webimages_previews_94-202-8p.jpg.jpg

On 1/8/2019 at 5:51 AM, Lucky Bolt said:

Stars, planets, galaxies...so much unexplored. Oh! And black holes. I've always had a huge fascination with black holes. 

I'm kind of a black hole myself... for pasta.

Anyway I don't know; Outer Space is too... out there for me. (Wha, wha, wha)

(edited)

Stuff like this:

1200px-EmissionNebula_NGC6357.jpg

And this

hubblecast106a.jpg

and this

faintesthiss.jpg

I'm basically the Space Core from Portal 2 XP

Edited by Barnstormer

Badges

When I think about space, I think of the planets and solar systems beyond our own. Perhaps even ones that house life as intelligent if not more intelligent than us.

Also, the Star VS theme song popped into my head for some reason.

Basically,this song and all the images in the video come to mind while I drift thru space. o:

Orion by Metallica is another song I think of while seeing/thinking similar images.

Well, here's my list of thoughts.

• I think about how big space is. Like seriously, think about how big space is. Our solar system is just a speck in a galaxy, called the Milky Way. And the Milky Way is just a speck compared to the rest of the universe. (And also a really good candy bar)
  • I think about pulsars. Pulsars are rotating neutron stars that emit a beam of electromagnetic radiation. From Earth, it looks like a blinking star. Think of a lighthouse; you can only see the light when it's pointing at you. I think pulsars are really cool. Like disco lights.
  • I think about Mars, and how close we are to colonizing it. We've found lakes of liquid water below the surface of Mars, and the dirt on Mars could theoretically grow crops. Maybe we'll see the colonization of Mars in our lifetimes. What would you do if Mars was colonized? Would you venture out to Mars? Or would you stay here on Earth? I'd stay, unless they had Wi-Fi on Mars.

Badges

I think of all we have learned in our existence about our world and the universe. We know so much more now thn we did even just a hundred years ago. And yet, of all our knowledge, there is still so much to be learned. 

I tend to think about its immensity, its beauty, and its creation. To think that it was all once condensed into a single point is amazing! I also tend to think about religion and God, and the overall nothingness of our little planet compared to the universe. 

(edited)

Thinking about space often inspires a variety of emotions from me. Sometimes I may look at the night sky at the stars and be filled with a strange feeling, knowing that we are technically on just a tiny little speck among it all. That we at all times are circling a massive ball of gas and fire that makes this planet seem almost non-existent and yet, that star is also nothing in the grand scale of the universe. It is....humbling, awe-inspiring, but also a fuel of fear for me at times. Knowing that technically all it could take is one catastrophic event from space to destroy Earth. If a strong enough solar flare hit 100%, you never know if that could be disastrous. At all times this unimaginable power and energy is there. Within a galaxy that contains billions upon billions of stars just like it, some smaller, some over 10 million times larger. Thinking of space makes me feel like a kid again, always wondering about what all is out there and what we are missing at this very moment. 

The universe is something I fear and respect and it will always make me question things and seek further answers wherever they may be.

Edited by Kyoshi

(edited)

LOTS of things. surprisingly not much relating to aliens.

More related to this though.

t.png.1aa2f3d1b323823f61a85d20999b81bf.png

2014-05-30-ruminating_02.gif.c071a3b50bb63194ab0fe9db01bdb311.gif

Which is why I just try to keep myself busy.

Edited by Cirrus.

Badges

Emptiness, asteroids, other planets, other stars, other solar systems, other galaxies etc. 

Badges

This is what I think about!!! XP

Mostly all of the things that could absolutely obliterate the Earth if it were to happen close enough.

Badges