Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 9 CONFIRMED to be the last season.

CastletonSnob

Well I've been watching the series for a while now and when I read that I thought to myself that I'm glad it happened at all that my little pony has had this good run for a while now. Many shows are lucky to even have a second season, the show having nine seasons and movies it is a great run and I'm very happy that I've been a part of it for so long. I'm very glad to have been introduced to this show, having met the people I have the friends all these great things thanks to this show. The show, the fandom everything holds a special place in my heart and will always forever. I'm sure this will be a great season.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, A.V. said:

@Sparklefan1234

Along with Batponies/Thestrals.

I'm sure you-know-who would be in Heaven...

Hide contents

hi-guys.jpg

In a serious note, bats were a heavily requested species years ago, but it has died down. Feels like I’m the only one who remembers Luna’s guards  :sunny:

latest?cb=20131025032208

Also, I wouldn’t mind Minty either. She has been a toy exclusive this generation. What I find weird is that there’s a Minty toy in a set of princesses and Mane 6, who otherwise looks out of place, mainly because toyline exclusives have been discontinued for years  :huh:

4vA6pINh.jpg

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 3

19 hours ago, ~C. Discord~ said:

G5 is a G4 reboot from what I've heard so it's not going to be something entirely new and different. Whether they can make a concept new enough to grab attention, without straying too far as to get none at all is to be seen.

Technically, G4 was a reboot of G1-G3, so it's not like it's going to have the exact same setting. Sure, the characters may be just l slightly different in comparison to previous gens (for example, Sunburst was actually an earth pony in G1). There's been lots of talk that G5's world will have a cosmology inspired by Norse mythology.

• Brohoof 3

Shaken that the show is ending. I wish I was into it back then in middle school (I only just really started watching it last year). Not being into it earlier was the biggest regret because a lot of awesome stuff happened back then. Amazing that a show on colored ponies would make it this far, especially how life was nine years ago (everyone had a flip phone with a camera, golden era of YouTube and Blackberries were popular). Despite of this though, there's these things: 

• The show will be shared on down for generations to come
  • Be among Adventure Time and Regular Show as a cartoon that defined the 2010s 
  • And show that changed pop culture and the internet forever (it's an icon)

That is something to be proud of. 

• Brohoof 2

I've came to terms with S9 being the last season a while ago, since the leaks. I still have this bittersweet feeling: I'm sad that it's ending, but I'm glad that I experienced it. So many of my favorite cartoons ended, some lasted only for a season or two (Gravity Falls, Over the Garden Wall), some were with me for long years (Futurama, Adventure Time). Now, another great series is ending. Maybe the moment is right since it will never have time to go downhill (yes, I'll ignore those who are saying it has since season 3/4/5/6/7/8).

Anyway, there is one more season and a couple of other great things ahead of us. I hope season 9 will be great, so keep calm and pony o!

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Oleks said:

I've came to terms with S9 being the last season a while ago, since the leaks. I still have this bittersweet feeling: I'm sad that it's ending, but I'm glad that I experienced it. So many of my favorite cartoons ended, some lasted only for a season or two (Gravity Falls, Over the Garden Wall), some were with me for long years (Futurama, Adventure Time). Now, another great series is ending. Maybe the moment is right since it will never have time to go downhill (yes, I'll ignore those who are saying it has since season 3/4/5/6/7/8).

Anyway, there is one more season and a couple of other great things ahead of us. I hope season 9 will be great, so keep calm and pony o!

Well, Big Jim is hyping this up, and apparently, this being the final season, the budget has increased, so this might be the best season yet. I hope they get ambitious with this season, and clouse-up many things, like bats, the Cirrostratan pegasi and Daring Do, Scorpan.... god, I hope the season can cover-up lots of stuff  :please:

• Brohoof 6

I'm quite ok with this, to be honest. Because of things outside of MLP that kept me very busy, it almost destroyed my interest in the show.

However, I reminded myself of the great Organ covers/arrangements I made of the show's soundtrack, and I still am yet to create more Organ arrangements of the show's soundtrack.

Plus, even with G4, I still want to finish off my _____ Scene (MLP IRL) short film series with a bang as well, though it will require more time and effort for me to make it happen.

Also, regarding G5, I'm cautiously optimistic about it. Since I am aware FiM did have its flaws regarding continuity issues and some other nit-picky things, so it would be neat to see if G5 resolves those issues G4 had.

• Brohoof 3

I saw the news when Cathy Wesluck announced this on twitter and I'm really sad the show is ending because the show was a huge aspect of my life since season 3 and was a source of comfort when I had friendship problems of my own. I beg the bronies to keep this fandom going because this fandom really is one of a kind. As stupid as this sounds I really wish MLP ended on a nice season 10 since that seems way more fitting for the show. Anyway maybe ending on season 9 is the best for the show before the writers run clean out of ideas. I beg the MLP writers to end the season with a real Big Bang of an awesome ending and use the season to bring a satisfying end to each character without a bunch of filler.  

Edited by StitchandMLPlover
  • Brohoof 3

On 2/17/2019 at 2:55 PM, bigbertha said:

I'm glad the show is ending. It's been on a downward slope for a while and it's best to end it now before it gets even worse.

A fresh start for MLP might be a good thing. Or bad. I don't know. I'll give G5 a fair shot when it comes it out. 

Besides, Lauren Faust's new DC Superhero Hero Girls show is coming out soon and it looks very reminiscent of the early years of MLP.

When does Lauren's new show come out? What channel?

7 minutes ago, StitchandMLPlover said:

When does Lauren's new show come out? What channel?

March 8 at 6 P.M. with a one hour movie, then regular episodes will air Sundays at 4 P.M. starting March 17. It will be on Cartoon Network.

• Brohoof 2

On 2/18/2019 at 2:52 AM, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'll start the chant: DEER FOR GEN 5! :laugh:

. "Nine worlds plus a HUB". ( baseline Yggdrasil System )

(3) "One for each pony kind"  ; (1) "Another for the dragons"

So why not one of the remaining 5 for Deer? -> Or maybe a Moon? xD

Edited by SilverComet
  • Brohoof 2

My Little Pony for me is- where do I even begin? I joined this crazy ride pretty early on, when the internet was just hit by tidal waves of creative content and parodies, ponification, crossovers- around the time of the great ban migration from 4Chan. I got sucked in after coming across some videos and clips on Youtube- next thing I know, I was curiously checking out the show, buying merch, and diving headfirst into the FiM fandom- making art, and eventually dabbling in and learning my way around video editing and music composition. But unlike most people in this fandom who stick primarily to FiM, getting into this show has, ironically, opened me up to embracing the other generations of My Little Pony as well. So I guess the love of this latest generation created a reversal, where I’d get into checking out the previous gen, liking the characters, and eventually starting to collect the merch, then another gen, and then another, until I was back where it all started, at g1. XD I looked at my collection one day, and wondered when I had accumulated all these ponies, and would be horrified if I bothered to keep track of how much money I’ve blown through, to support the love of these crazy, cute, colorful ponies. I can’t see myself getting off this ride. I think I’ll be here for generations to come, and it’s all because of what FiM started.

Am I sad that FiM is ending? A little, yeah. But I know it’s for the best. It’s much better for the show to end on a high note rather than being run into the ground. Besides that, I know that the fandom won’t be going anywhere, in spite of all the cries of doom and gloom with people falsely prophecying the fandom’s demise. If the g1, 2, and 3 fans are still around and kicking, albeit in smaller and more separated groups on multiple platforms of social media, after 26 years of no new animated content, and little bones thrown to them on the toyline front, I don’t have any doubt that the g4 fandom will live just as long.

Aside from that, I think it’s best to move on, to allow the stigma from society about Bronies being sexual deviants to rest a little (to be honest, all the clop that this fandom generates doesn’t help their case). With a new generation on its way, I feel like it’ll allow the waters of tension to settle, and wipe the slate clean, so to speak- allowing the franchise to further evolve and a second chance to make a name for itself without being attached to societal stigma of “sexual deviant men who like little ponies and will prey on children”.

If there’s one thing I want to see from the creators, going forward, is the ability and willingness to not cater to the fandom and support and feed the toxicity they generate.

• Brohoof 2

Even though I haven't watched the show in a long time, I'm gonna be kinda sad it's ending; in fact, the fandom's musicians are kinda what got me to settle on my own future in music. In any case, I remain optimistic and hope that G5 picks up where FIM left off. In fact, if anything, G5 will very likely relaunch the fandom as well, and we'll get all sorts of creativity.

• Brohoof 1

What upsets me the most about this isn't the fact it's ending (I myself haven't kept up with this show since season 5). It's the lack of response. This was a huge thing on the internet in the not so distant past. It's peak popularity was in 2013. That was only 6 years ago now. Yet only the people who stuck around have shown up to mourn. This was a uniting force for people around the web to express themselves, to create, to question. Sure it wasn't the answer to any problems in the world but it was so comforting for so many people. All the people who were into during it's peak are still alive and still online. Yet none of them have shown up to at the very least acknowledge it. Now maybe it's because of a lack of reporting from news news outlets. I contacted saberspark in the hopes that he will make a video about it. I plan to make one for release around the time of the end of S9. But my point still stands that... where are all the millions of people who were into this to at least acknowledge that they were into it. It kinda feels sad knowing how little of an impact something that big had on public perceptions when it feels like most of the people who were into it are too ashamed to come out of the woodwork and say they loved it.

• Brohoof 2

I guess the sobering reality is that the lack of coverage right now is all the more evidence Hasbro needs that it's time for a reboot. But there'll probably be more general media attention around the time the final episode is actually aired, especially since Hasbro will likely start getting into cast/crew announcements for the movie around that time. Retrospectives are still kind of premature when we still have a season to go, and it very well may \shape final thoughts on the series significantly before it's done.

Edited by n1029

7 minutes ago, n1029 said:

I guess the sobering reality is that the lack of coverage right now is all the more evidence Hasbro needs that it's time for a reboot. But there'll probably be more general media attention around the time the final episode is actually aired, especially since Hasbro will likely start getting into cast/crew announcements for the movie around that time. Retrospectives are still kind of premature when we still have a season to go, and it very well may reshape final thoughts on the series significantly before it's done.

I certainly hope so. I'd hate to see something like this be swept under the rug and forgotten about. Especially considering just how big this thing was. 

• Brohoof 1

Bronycon's probably going to get a lot of press attention this year being an extremely visible "Last hurrah" for the fandom. Around that time I imagine everyone else will catch on that it's ending.

• Brohoof 1