Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Do you wear glasses?

CatCat

@CatCat
Rephrased title for grammar ~

As for me, I have worn glasses since middle school (or maybe even before that. I don’t remember) :huh:

I'm horribly nearsighted, so glasses are a must for me at pretty much all times.

I used to not wear them, and just assumed everyone saw in 20/200 blurry vision. It took about six months and a lot of pain medicine for me to get over the headaches that I initially had, everything was so sharp and my eyes couldn't take it.

Nope, I don't! My family has a history with poor eyesight, but I'm one of the few who doesn't. I feel like glasses would make me look incredibly goofy anyway lol

I wear glasses that filter out blue light when I'm up late in front of a monitor, but otherwise I don't. Both of my parents started wearing corrective glasses in their later years so I'm wondering whether or not I'll be subject to the same fate. Only time will tell!

Yeah, I have to wear glasses all day because my vision gets all blurry without them. Even reading the very text I'm writing on my monitor can become unreadable without glasses. I don't mind wearing glasses though, kinda difficult to imagine myself without any at this point.

I've been wearing glasses since the age of five. I've become more reliant on them over the years, since my eyesight isn't getting any better. 

• Brohoof 1

I wear two pairs of glasses; both of which are prescription. One is a pair of reading glasses; which I've had for maybe...4 or 5 years by now. Had to get them after headaches after reading or computer usage were getting worse and the readers cut those down significantly. The second pair was original for driving, but I've found I needed them for things closer like TV watching or playing video games.

Yeah; my vision is getting worse as time goes on. I'm considering bifocals or progressives at this point. XD

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Meson Bolt said:

I'm horribly nearsighted, so glasses are a must for me at pretty much all times.

I used to not wear them, and just assumed everyone saw in 20/200 blurry vision. It took about six months and a lot of pain medicine for me to get over the headaches that I initially had, everything was so sharp and my eyes couldn't take it.

Same here! I used to get bad migraines behind my eyes when I was going around without my glasses. I wear them all the time now and it has really helped.

• Brohoof 1

I can't see much past a few feet infront of me clearly without mine. Heck even walking outside without them and seeing everything move (in the wind) in one somewhat solid mass is trippy:mlp_blink:.

But I have just noticed that I have two chips on my lenses probably from them hitting stuff or something, so I'll need some new ones

• Brohoof 1

Everyone that goes to the eye doctor here gets glasses. It is part of their scheme. I got one (I don't use them anymore since they were pointless). My brother got one (many many years later), and they were pointless as well. However, they do cost around $50 to $100.

• Brohoof 3