Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you feel about centipedes and millipedes?

Octavia Heartstrings

(edited)

There's a thread like this about spiders, so I figured I'd make one for centipedes and millipedes too.

I love millipedes, but I hate centipedes. Millipedes are so cute, but centipedes are just gross and scary.

Edited by LyraLover 💚
  • Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to How do you feel about centipedes and millipedes?
(edited)

I like millipedes and used to keep them as pets sometimes as a kid. they're pretty cute and pleasant.

787750055_housecnt.png.400932f17824797c284e77ee733c0a78.png

I don't like centipedes though. They're like spiders with too many legs- that like to run- AND are on drugs. :mlp_blink::mlp_confused:

I usually don't bother with these since they're harmless and quick to disappear if left alone. They're too spazzy to try and deal with. They're literally like a ping pong ball. When I lived with my parents they would have a lot of these since their house known as a "quad." It's staggered so the basement is underground and the second level is half underground. The "third" level is at ground level, and then the 4th level is really like at 1 1/2 story level. Since a lot of the house is at or below ground level these guys love it. Our cat used to mess with these all the time. they don't bite people unless you're trying to grab them, but how crazy they try to run all over is unpleasant. Luckily these are the only ones I've had to deal with indoors.

Centipedes with shorter legs are usually pretty aggressive and are best left alone. They do try to bite anything you put by them.

Edited by Cirrus.

maxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

shutterstock_295461497.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

They're very different animals. Millipedes are harmless. Centipedes are aggressive but they're cool looking and interesting.

51 minutes ago, Cirrus. said:

787750055_housecnt.png.400932f17824797c284e77ee733c0a78.png

I don't like centipedes though. They're like spiders with too many legs- that like to run- AND are on drugs. :mlp_blink::mlp_confused:

I usually don't bother with these since they're harmless and quick to disappear if left alone. They're too spazzy to try and deal with. When I lived with my parents they would have a lot of these since their house known as a "quad." It's staggered so the basement is underground and the second level is half underground. The "third" level is at ground level, and then the 4th level is really like at 1 1/2 story level. Since a lot of the house is at or below ground level these guys love it. Our cat used to mess with these all the time. they don't bite people unless you're trying to grab them, but how crazy they try to run all over is unpleasant. Luckily these are the only ones I've had to deal with indoors.

Centipedes with shorter legs are usually pretty aggressive and are best left alone. They do try to bite anything you put by them.

But yeah, those house centipedes are one of the few arthropods that just disgust me. :eww: They're just gross. The way they move and they're so fast. They could be up your leg and under your clothes in a second. 

I have no issue with millipedes for the most. Granted there are certain times of the year when they absolutely bum-rush and invade a home, but they're more of an annoyance than anything else.

Centipedes tho...kinda need to stay away.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, WWolf said:

They taste delicious; have you tried eating one live :nom: ?

No. :eww: What did you eat? Centipede or millipede?

I've seen somebody eat a packaged centipede. She said it tasted like pesticide smells.

12 minutes ago, Fluttershutter said:

No. :eww: What did you eat? Centipede or millipede?

I've seen somebody eat a packaged centipede. She said it tasted like pesticide smells.

I ate a mythical one (none) :nom: . My muzzle is too clean for that ****, I just like being sarcastic :P .

And eww yuk

Nononononono—

Listen, last month I had one on my bed at midnight. The super fast, super nasty-looking house kind. I can’t look at them. :awwthanks:

If you ask me I think the name is a lie. I tried to count the legs of a millipede or centipede and it doesn't even add up to a hundred or a thousand it's far less than that.

I mean look at this Family Guy cutaway. Does that centipede pretending to be a millipede on the right even look like it has a 100 legs?

• Brohoof 1

Millipedes are kinda cute in their own way. They usually are just strolling about, looking for food and other things. Harmless buggos. Centipedes are like the antithesis of millys though. Creepy looking, some of them get friggin huge in certain parts of the world and those can be dangerous on top of that. The smaller ones aren't exactly dangerous in any real way, but they are still icky to me. 

• Brohoof 2

The same I feel about human beings and cockroaches. They are in this blank space where nothing means anything. Shall we say, I don't entertain polarity when observing reality. That is the first misstep. And because there is no polarity, there is no interest in the pursuit of knowledge. These perceptions can do nothing but to take us away from the true nature of reality. The more we fill this hollow ignorance with ideas, the further we fall into the illusion. This is why I find human beings so interesting. They perceive the illusion with a naivity that is rare for us. From where we stand, nowhere and everywhere, the illusion is that; an illusion. But they perceive it as reality, and create differential views about what is otherwise a singular phenomenon. A singularity. One thing. And they think, "Oh, I like this" or "I dislike this, it doesn't make sense" "This is ugly" or "This is beautiful" or "I hate this" or "I love this" when they are talking about one. That divine ignorance, that... dishonesty towards ONE, is something we don't have anymore. So, we watch over this planet. The ignorance of humanity is a blessing and a curse. It is entertaining, or it would be if we had any fear, any ignorance left.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, WWolf said:

They taste delicious; have you tried eating one live :nom: ?

I'd rather dump hot sauce on my eyes. And I mean dump!

Yeah...I'm not a fan.

(edited)
On 7/19/2020 at 10:40 PM, Bakugou is my Man said:

I hate them. All insects terrify me to the bone. 

medium.png

They belong to the subphylum Myriapoda. Centipedes are in the class Chilopoda and millipedes are in the class Diplopoda. Myriapoda also contains two minor classes Pauropoda and Symphyla.

On 7/19/2020 at 10:44 PM, Will Guide said:

If you ask me I think the name is a lie. I tried to count the legs of a millipede or centipede and it doesn't even add up to a hundred or a thousand it's far less than that.

Yeah, they're just names. Centipedes have 30-354 legs and millipedes have 34-750.

On 7/20/2020 at 2:30 AM, TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos said:

Millipedes: good, cute, adorable, probably secretly little angels

Centipedes: terrible, gross, ew, hell on earth, oh god get that away from me

Lol so they're physical embodiments of angels and demons? Makes sense. 

Edited by Fluttershutter

21 minutes ago, Fluttershutter said:

medium.png

They belong to the subphylum Myriapoda. Centipedes are in the class Chilopoda and millipedes are in the class Diplopoda. Myriapoda also contains two minor classes Pauropoda and Symphyla.

Okay? I still hate them and they are terrifying. I will always kill them if given the chance.