Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you even like real-life ponies and horses?

Silly Lily

(edited)

We all aparently like MLP:FiM that has ponies as mane characters, but those are only cartoons - do we even like real life ponies?

Posted Image (edit: sorry, I'm trying to post a picture of a real pony but I'm just getting the text of "posted image")

Edited by ponyundefined
  • Brohoof 1

No more than I do any real life animal, which is to say, not really. I like FiM ponies because they're cute, colorful, and they talk. Real life ponies just graze and neigh.

• Brohoof 6

I do like real horses and ponies. (horses more than the smaller ponies. :P) I help out my friend's dad take care of their horses and pony. (the pony is my least favorite, because she is a rage machine. Kicked me in the stomach when I tried feeding her. I'm lucky she only clipped me.) but other than that one pony, I like most animals of the equine variety. ^_^

Equines are my second favorite species (Clydesdale being my most favorite Equine).

Felines would be my most favorite (specifically Siberian Tigers and Panthers).

Wait. You mean to say that the ponies in the show aren't real? :o

Anyways, no I don't. My favorite pet is the dog, but if the show was about dogs it would be very odd. I think they chose ponies because not many people are fans of the real ones or know much about them, so it is easier to create a fantasy with them.

• Brohoof 1

In truth I do not like real horses or real ponies. I don't see the infatuation with them in all honesty. It's just something that will have to remain enigmatic to me. Though MLP ponies I do like, but that might be because of how similar they are to people rather than real ponies. Their personalities are derived from human concepts, but ones that are distilled into their base "elements". Their facial features are more human than they are pony, and they each have very notable characteristics that are human like. In terms of how they hold onto objects with their hooves from time to time. Stuff like that. This is the conclusion I have drawn for myself, but it's nothing more than a best guess.

YES! Not far from where I live is a small farm where two ponies, a horse, and a goat live. Every time I walk that way (to the train station) I stop and talk to them through the fence. So far they haven't answered me!

:P

There are also some free range chickens running around.

(one always rides her scooter! J/K!)

• Brohoof 2

To be honest, I never really cared about horses and ponies in real life. Not that I didn't like them... I just was in to more marine animals.

Even with the show, it is kinda disappointing to see ponies aren't as cool as ponies Equestrians from Equestria...

Do I really like real life ponies?

I mean, I really don't have anything against them, it's just, as far as wildlife goes, I'm much more passionate about big cats than I am of any equine, including horses or ponies.

Not really no, as a kid I would never ride the pony's at the zoo. Though after watching this and becoming a brony, I would be like this at the zoo- "MOVE IT KIDS, I'M RIDING THIS PONY NEXT!"

Horses/ponies are pretty and graceful and all, but I've never really taken any real-life interest in them (I feel pretty neutral). The only animal in real-life I've become obsessed over are cats.

And, actually, when you take out the diet differences, I think MLponies are like cats. They both have large eyes in proportion to their head, small, make you go "awwwww" (for me at least), and their muzzles are short. I notice that the prevous generation MLponies are more like real-life ponies than current generation ponies. The previous MLponies had long snouts and smaller eyes in proportion to their head (like actual ponies).

• Brohoof 1