Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who's voice do you hear when you read?

Krystal

I always hear my voice. Which gets wierd at times when I'm reading a conversation. But whenever I read something from a character that has a voice (so not a book that was never a movie) I always hear my best impersonation of that voice. So if I read a captioned picture of pinkie pie I will hear my best pinkie pie impersonation.

Usually just that voiceless inner voice everyone has. Depending on what I'm reading.

If it's a novel I'll usually give each character a voice in my head depending on the description of the character's voice, personality, etc.

If I'm just reading non-fiction I see no reason to use some unnecessary voice.

• Brohoof 2

What Lady Rarity said.

When it comes to foruming, I tend to give everyone their own voices in my head.

When Feldo spoke, I visualized him as a grown british dude. For Libertina I heard her talking in a light spirited voice. As Chaotic Discord wrote something, I read it in Q's disembodied voice. And many other else

Normally when I read it's like my voice, but like no voice at all either. Hard to explain. When it's someone talking, I just make up a voice in my head when they say stuff. Also hard to explain...

I typically hear my inner monologue voice; which doesn't sound much like my actual voice. In fact, when I met Teller a couple weeks ago and heard him speak, what I found odd was that his voice is a near perfect match for my own inner monologue. My actual voice is (usually) a fair bit deeper.

Posted Image

Good news everyone!

You will now read the rest of this thread in my voice.

Nope, but I read the post in his voice.

I read it in my own voice, unless I've heard there voice, the text is accompanied with a picture of someone whose voice I've heard, or if it's a character in a story and I've given them a voice.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Mostly when I read posts I hear my voice as the FIMFlamPhilosophy's Pinkie Pie....especially when I read my posts x)

Edited by Pinkazoid
  • Brohoof 1