Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who's voice do you hear when you read?

Krystal

Hmmm... most interesting subject... If I knew who the writer was or heard them speak before i've read what they've written I end up reading it as if they were speaking it inside my mind. Although I hear their narration sometimes, If a character is speaking, then my imagination takes over and a voice is made up for the character based upon all information about the character in the story. But the voice of God, I hear as my own voice.

Basically exactly what Lady Rarity Pony said. I usually try to make up a voice in my head for dialogue, but for the narrating bits, I hear that voiceless conscious, neither man nor woman, not human or otherwise, not even a defined pitch. It's almost like its not there at all.... O.O I just made myself scared. XD

(edited)

Most of the time i read it in a strong accent of some sort (sometimes Russian ;-; ), sometimes my head'll read stuff with Markiplier's (spoiler) voice, who'm by the way, has the best voice any LP'er can have ; - ;

**Warning, This guy swears a lot :V

well not that much, but he swears :V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_vvI7Zu7Sg

Edited by Pinkazoid!
  • Brohoof 1

For most text, I hear my own voice and it's usually the upbeat version. If I reading some kind of news then I hear a generic newscaster voice. For books and manga, each character gets a voice that fits them or the voices they were given the movie/anime/tv series.

I usually hear things in a less deep version of my voice for regular text. A couple of times when I've read crossovers, I can read in someone else's voice really well. I think the strongest ones are Data, Picard, Q, Riker, The Doctor, Odo, and pretty much every other Star Trek character...

I hear my own voice most of the time, unless there's a picture of a character that I know and then I may read in their voice. Idk why but that happens.

Well, on this website the majority is a deep male voice, because I just imagine all Bronies talking, unless I know it's specially a girl. But most of the time I hear my own voice. I really don't know. Just a voice. :/

I don't really have a fully realized "voice" that I read in.  It's weird, really; sometimes I just glance at the words and translate what they look like directly into meaning, without sounding them out.  Other times I'll hear major consonant sounds, but vowels will have no distinguishable tone.

However, when text has a particularly strong "human"-sounding aspect, I'll slow down and usually hear something like what my own voice sounds like to me when I speak.

If I'm reading something like a comic, I would try to read it in the character's voice.

Anywhere else, I read it in my own, but with an American/Canadian accent, for some reason.

When I read, I hear the voices of James E. Carrey narrating the text sometimes (refer to my theme song in the About Me section in my profile on this forum), sometimes the various voices of Arnold's (also in my About Me section) and Nicolas K. Coppola's voice.

post-10241-0-14552600-1367674215.jpeg

YOU DON'T SAY??
YOU DON'T KNOW WHO IS MR. COPPOLA???

A british accent. I don't know. I guess it's because I like Doctor Who, and Harry Potter, but I hear me speaking with a British accent.

• Brohoof 1

I read very quickly, so I don't really hear a voice. It would take more time to speak the words than it takes me to read them, so I usually just see the text and understand it. No voice necessary.

When I'm writing my fanfic, on the other hand, I hear the characters talking very clearly in my head.

(edited)

It depends on what your avatar is, if you have an actor for example I will read it in his voice. I also often just seem to give you all some kind of voice, I create from you avatars, usernames and then finally your personality.. I doubt I'm even close, but it's fun.

Although it's pretty obvious that when I read in general, it's not always my voice.. It's Morgan Freeman, I'm sorry but we all know this: "The only reason that you're alive right now is because Morgan Freeman is narrating your life as he does for billion and billions of other each day".

I even read my own text in Morgan Freeman's voice, the only reason I'm writing this now, is because Morgan Freeman is telling me to do so. He wants you all to know, that he is here and he is watching you all. Because he is Morgan Freeman.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

Unless it's a character, (In which I hear their own in the case of a movie/TV character, or one my mind makes up for purely literary characters), I never hear the same one twice. Each post/article/story narrator I read is never in the same one. Some may be very similar, but never the same. (For some reason, all the female voices I hear are usually quite similar to each other; the male voices tend to have more variety.)

• Brohoof 1

It depends what I'm reading. For example, if I'm reading a Human in Equestria fic and the Human is explaining their world/technology/wars to a pony (usually Twilight) I read it in Matt Smith's voice (Doctor Who)

• Brohoof 1

i dont generally hear a voice when i read, its a separate experience from speech for me.

unless it's a captioned picture then i read it in the voice of the person in the picture.

• Brohoof 1

I usually hear the voice of the character speaking. If it's a third person omission, I'm not really sure. I guess it depends on the tone of the story. For instance, I've been reading John Carter of Mars and usually I hear something like a heroic voice like the narrator of a pulp novel.

• Brohoof 1

Most of the time I hear my voice as I perceive it, but sometimes I like to switch it up a bit. I have had a bit of Leonard Nimoy enter my thought process in the past, especially after playing a round of Civilization 4.

• Brohoof 1