Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many of you watch Anime?

Samurshy

Anime?  

126 users have voted

1. 1. Do you watch anime?

• Yes, I WATCH ANIME ALL THE TIME, I am a regular otaku.
    • I watch some anime but I wouldnt consider myself an otaku.
    • I don't watch anime, I only watch ponies.

I watch some anime but not too much. I watch anime on Crunchyroll and Hulu. What got me into watching some was when in high school, many peers were talking about it and I decided to watch some to see what the fuss is all about. I also remember watching some Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Sonic X, and Digimon because when doing homework, my brother watched them on TV.

I've watched a fair share of anime, but I hate the word otaku. If someone describes themselves as otaku, my gut reaction is to consider them a moron. That doesn't mean I can't be friends with those people, I just think it's kind of weird to describe yourself with a word that carries a lot of social stigma in Japan. It's really a derogatory term for people without a life.

Now, I know we have the same thing going on with the word 'nerd' here, with people proudly proclaiming to be nerds while it was originally meant as an insult, but for me personally it feels different. (Yes, that's hypocritical, but everything here is my opinion and nothing I say is meant to be taken personally)

Anyway, some of my favorites series are Hajime no Ippo, Elfen Lied, Fullmetal Alchemist (and Brotherhood), Shakugan no Shana, Index/Railgun, Berserk, Code Geass...and quite a lot more.

To answer the question of how I got into anime...Dragonball Z got me in when I was in the US in the winter of 1996 when I was 6. Ever since that moment I hoped it would come to the Netherlands, and about two years later that finally happened. Aside from that I watched a lot of Pokemon, Digimon and Gundam Wing when I was around 12. My first anime in Japanese would be Naruto; that's when I became more active with watching anime online.

*Waves* I do! The term 'otaku' would probably describe me accurately enough (indeed, and not just in the 'I love anime' sense).

At the moment, I'm taking a bit of a break (before I even finished the two I'm watching, great timing ...), but I'll get back into it soon enough. Regardless, it started with the English dub of Naruto when I was younger, which I stopped watching until the later half of 2013. After that, I started getting into other anime, particularly during the first half of last year, when I watched my first Japanese dub/English sub (Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo). :)

As for my favourites; Angel Beats!, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Oreimo, Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation, Danganronpa: The Animation, and Steins;Gate. :catface:

Otaku doesn't mean that you like anime, being an anime fan means that you're a fan. Otaku means something else I think.

Anywho I occasionally watch anime but i'm too caught up in video games and buffy bingewatching to watch too much. I have watched Attack on Titan, Madoka Magica, Death Note, Neon Genesis Evangelion, etc though. (Yes, i'm a fan of psychological thriller-ish anime)

Edited by Shift

I watched my first animes before I even knew what anime was, and those would be Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon. Then, I tripped into the film case at the library when I was twelve and found one of the old Sailor Moon films and it was all downhill from there. I was a weeaboo for three years and then I slowly started to calm down. I do still watch anime casually, but I'm not all crazy into it like I was during those awful years. And I've recently gone back and fixed up and rehashed some of my old fanfics and OCs and made them better too.

And, compared to some, my list of anime I've watched is pathetic:

Fruits Basket, Sailor Moon (including Crystal), Inu-Yasha, Tokyo Mew Mew, Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch, Ultra Maniac, (Manga) Ojamajo DoReMi, Pretty Cure (Heartcatch is my favourite),Pokemon, Kodocha, Ouran High School Host Club, The Record of a Fallen Vampire (Manga), Fushigi Boshi no Futago Hime, Black Bird (Manga. But I stopped caring once I found out they had a SON), Moon Phase, Hanamaru Kindergarten, Chu-Bra, Lilpri, Toradora, Space Battleship Yamato (the original) and Death Note.

I watch a few- Lucky Star, K-On!, Haruhi Suzumiya, Panty and Stocking :blush: - and there's some others I'd like to check out some day, including Death Note and Azumanga Daioh... I wouldn't really consider myself an otaku, though =/

I love anime, but I don't really get to watching it a lot, since I don't have the Funimation channel. I have Netflix and HuluPlus, but still, it'd be nice to know I can watch English dubs of Fairy Tail past season 4 (even though I just started season 2) and SGT. Frog past season 2 (they took it off Netflix, and HuluPlus doesn't have the dubbed version.) the reason I prefer dubs is because I prefer to hear the English instead of reading it. That, and sometimes the subtitles go to fast, so I have to rewind and pause sometimes. I mean, I'll watch the sub if it's the only thing available to me.

My favorite anime (by that, I mean all the anime I've watched):

Dragon Ball

Fairy Tail

One Piece

SGT Frog

InuYasha

Bleach

Fullmetal Alchemist

Ninja Nonsense

Soul Eater

I have some anime I wanna watch, but can't find the dub/haven't found time to watch (in no particular order):

Sailor Moon (only saw the first 3 or 4 episodes)

Attack on Titan

Hetalia (saw the first episode of Axis Powers)

Soul Eater NOT!

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Trigun

Cowboy Bebop

Black Lagoon

Death Note

Naruto (read the first 4 volumes of the manga)

High School of the Dead

Black Butler

and Sword Art Online

Edited by Shenron00

I've watched a fair share of anime, but I hate the word otaku.

If it wasn't for the word "Otaku" we wouldn't have what has for years been one of my very favorite AMV! (Anime Music Video)

"Attack of the Otaku"

Here's another favorite (Some would say it's my theme song!)

I do, though not as much as I used to. Right now I'm watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica

As for my favorite anime, it's Gurren Lagann, Digimon and Full Metal Alchemist and mostly 90's anime like DBZ, G Gundam, Yu Yu Hakusho

Im very Hit or Miss with Anime, There are some shows I watched on Korean TV I fell in love with while traveling (Gensumaden Saiyuki) Just called Saiyuki outside of Japan, Cooking Master boy (Chinese TV) was broadcast in Korea was very good show I watched every day.) After returning to the US I found One Piece and have followed it for years.

Most anime I watch I tend to view with ambivalence at best Big titted high school girls and short skirts is just meh    on a good day    other shows I followed Dengetsu Weed   ( Im a sucker for talking Animal Anime   and the whole series is about talking dog’s VERY dark series).  I also Follow Toriko , its another one that I get a kick out of (go figure the fat man like shows about food). 

Im very Hit or Miss with Anime, There are some shows I watched on Korean TV I fell in love with while traveling (Gensumaden Saiyuki) Just called Saiyuki outside of Japan, Cooking Master boy (Chinese TV) was broadcast in Korea was very good show I watched every day.) After returning to the US I found One Piece and have followed it for years.

Most anime I watch I tend to view with ambivalence at best Big titted high school girls and short skirts is just meh    on a good day    other shows I followed Dengetsu Weed   ( Im a sucker for talking Animal Anime   and the whole series is about talking dog’s VERY dark series).  I also Follow Toriko , its another one that I get a kick out of (go figure the fat man like shows about food). 

I used to watch a lot of anime before like Pokemon, Digimon, Full metal alchemist and a bit of One Piece. I still sometimes, though not as much as before and i don't think i'm an Otaku.

There are a few that i need to look at when i get the time.

I watch anime, my favorites are Pokemon, Digimon, Cowboy Bebop, High School of The Dead, Azumanga Daioh, Fairy Tail, Bleach, Hellsing, Death Note, Yu Yu Hakusho, Gugure! Kokkuri-san, Sailor Moon, Elfen Lied, The Boondocks, Samurai Champloo, Fullmetal Alchemist, School Rumble, Ouran High School Host Club, Chobits, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Tokyo Mew Mew, Fruits Basket, etc.