Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What book are you reading?

Fridge

I finished Horus Rising so now it's on to the second book, False Gods. Already things are very different in this book, but that's to be expected when it's a different author. There will be differences.

On 7/12/2017 at 11:53 AM, -D1SCORDANT- said:

Foundation And Empire by Isaac Asimov.

Old School Scifi is the best.

I've wanted to read Asimov books. They can be hard to get ahold of iirc though.

I've been told to read Mutants. I'm told it's right up my alley.

A Devil's Chaplain by Richard Dawkins. Another one of his books that proves that real science is way more interesting than all the "alternative theories" and fantasy worship books.

• Brohoof 1

I am currently reading "Dangerous" by Milo Yiannopoulos. The book arrived only yesterday, but I am enjoying it so far.

I have "The Art of the Deal" arriving soon too, by DJ Trump. I want to learn business, and what better way than to learn from one of the top 60 richest people on the planet?

Mariel of Redwall. The Redwall series is a good one. Also, I'm reading the Gross. It might be a textbook, but it's still a book and I'm still reading it.

Edited by EightBit

In terms of narrative books, I'm reading Dune right now. Sci-fi martial arts epic with religious themes? This book couldn't be more up my alley if it was strolling down main street U.S.A.

Next on my list is American Gods which I've been meaning to get into for years but never got around to.

In terms of non-narrative books, I'm reading Philosophy: A visual history of thought and another book called God and the Philosphers. Both of them are really good and I feel like I'm learning more about philosophy from them then I did in college.

• Brohoof 1

Just finished Pinkie Pie and the Rockin' Pony Party and I plan on reading all those sorts of FIM tie-in books.,

That aside, I really only read comic-books, rather than actual novels. I'm currently reading the Dark Phoenix Uncanny X-Men storyline from the 1970s.

I finished "Sandstorm" by James Rollins while in the airport at Charlotte about a week or so ago. I just started the second book in his "Sigma Force" series titled "Map of Bones." I must say; Rollins work really tickles my Indiana Jones/Uncharted/Tomb Raider interests. <3

51IGYIcAtWL._SX273_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I am currently reading several books, I like to read a different book each day for as long as it takes me to finish them all then I move on to new ones. 

Man's search for meaning

The Jedi Religion, A 21st Century search for spiritual answers. 

Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace 

A Brony Handbook: One path of many

On 8/6/2017 at 9:24 AM, Steel Accord said:

In terms of narrative books, I'm reading Dune right now. Sci-fi martial arts epic with religious themes? This book couldn't be more up my alley if it was strolling down main street U.S.A.

Next on my list is American Gods which I've been meaning to get into for years but never got around to.

In terms of non-narrative books, I'm reading Philosophy: A visual history of thought and another book called God and the Philosphers. Both of them are really good and I feel like I'm learning more about philosophy from them then I did in college.

If you like philosophy please try the pop culture and philosophy series. I always find those book entertaining and educational. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm reading the Witcher series of books, by Andrzej Sapkowski. Currently approaching the end of Baptism of Fire - so two more to go and then I'm done. They're big, long books, but I'm surprised how little actually gets done at the end of each one. Make no mistake, they're not boring or repetitive, but there's a lot of talking and mood-setting. He once spent like five pages explaining how the characters all gathered some ingredients and made soup. There was also some veiled emotional point he was getting at too, but if I were the writer of these books, all that's happened in the past three would have fit in one book. Still, wonderful books, and they make the Witcher games that much richer as well.

Oki big list of books i read.

Harry Potter (J. K. Rowling)

Twilight (Stephanie Meyer)

The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins)

Divergent Trilogy (Veronica Roth)

A Song of Ice and Fire (George R. R. Martin)

The Chronicles of Narnia (C. S. Lewis)

Inheritance Cycle (Christopher Paolini)

Mrs Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children (Ransom Riggs)

The Mortal Interments (Cassandra Clare)

Vampire Academy (Richelle Mead)

The Maze Runner (James Dashner)

Percy Jackson & the Olympians (Rick Riordan)

Shannara (Terry Brooks)

The Lord Of The Rings (J. R. R. Tolkien)

Beautiful Creatures (Kami GarciaMargaret Stohl)

Fallen (Lauren Kate)

The Vampire Diaries (L. J. Smith)

Crimson Peak (Nancy Holder)

• Brohoof 1

Wow! :o

Just started Discworld book #12, Witches Abroad.

Also rereading a sci-fi paperback from 1966, The Last Refuge.

In a dystopian future, after a nuclear war, and under the pretext of being rehoused, a writer finds himself incarcerated in a remedial facility, called "Block Y", because of his previous political views which are now unpopular with the new dictatorship, referred to only as "The Committee". It doesn't end well if memory serves..

• Brohoof 1