Do you love MLP Forums for its community, or ponies?

Clarity

Choose  

129 users have voted

1. 1. Choose your answer

• Community.
    • Ponies.
    • Both!
    • Neither.

Well I started off just with the ponies, and decided to go online and see if there is a cool place I can go with people with the same TV show taste. Than I discovered the lovely community, who has proven many times that it is the best community.

• Brohoof 1

For me, it's both. I've shared a bond with some forum members that I never had before with anyone on the Internet (and no, I never dated, and I never shall) but I have a feeling I wouldn't have stayed for too long without having the right to talk about ponies freely as well.

Heheh, you son of a gun :P.

I'm not sure.........I'd say it's mostly for the members, since I like opinions and such, and as you all know, me and Clari are tight (Not that tight, but yah know). I can also say I come for the pony too, maybe not as much as the community, though.

• Brohoof 2

Both really. I really enjoy the show, but I'm mainly in the fandom for it's community. I've made so many good friends here and it'd be really tough to leave 'em.

• Brohoof 1

If I'm only here for the ponies and fanmade materials, I would rather go elsewhere :wacko:

(not gonna lie, but this forum isn't the best place if you want to discuss ponies)

I'm here because of the community, this crowd brings me the much needed entertainment to keep me from being suicidal :P

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I'm here for the community. If I truly were a pony obsessive loser who refuses to have any contact even on the internet, I would just play this video on loop for the rest of my life:

Edited by Lord Bababa
  • Brohoof 1

Let's say one day, everypony on the forums was inactive, with the exception of yourself. Now what would you do in a situation like that? Almost nothing right? All you can do is make a post, make a topic, or make a blog, but in return, no reply.

Without the wonderful community, MLPforums wouldn't be as great. But without the ponies, the whole thing is some other forum.

I came for both, because I can talk about ponies, with the community.

• Brohoof 1

Both actually! There are a few forums one can talk about ponies. But, this forums is the only one I ever visit. And the whole reason for that is because I love the community on this website. Everybody is so nice and friendly and welcoming. Those 2 things are the things that keep me coming back here time and time again. :)

• Brohoof 2

Another fine topic by Clarity. I love this place because of both ponies and bronies. I have always put the ponies first, but with my slowly growing interest in OCs and fanfiction plus joining a fandom radio show, I am participating more in the community these days. :)

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 3

I'm on here because I like both the community and the ponies. From right when you start on the fourm people are already nice to you and inviting, for me kolth was my first pony friend after helping me with some google docs story writing stuff.

So I guess I'm down for "both"

• Brohoof 2

I originally joined the forums to talk about ponies and discuss opinions however, it wasn't until I found the Cloudsdale Colloseum that I really got into the community,

I have made some fantastic friends over the past few months of me being here

got into a few discussions outside Cloudsdale

And even got to share my thoughts outside of ponies

Which I was also quite happy about :)

I must say, Feld0 did/still is doing a pretty good job of running the site while the mods do a wonderful job of making sure forum violence doesn't ensue

And the community as a whole is doing a really good job of keeping me here :)

This place is awesome :3

• Brohoof 5

I'm here for the community, the ponies are just an added benefit. That and considering most of my posts are in a certain thread, rather than taking part in other discussions.

• Brohoof 1

It's both. I first came here because of ponies, then I discovered the amazing people on this forum. I still like ponies and I still watch some episodes, now mainly season 3 episodes, but I check the forum everyday because I love this community :)

• Brohoof 2

Well both. I love ponies and I love the community :wub:

To be honest, I don't even think my love for ponies would be as active if I weren't a member of any online community.

Yeah I'm here for the community. If I truly were a pony obsessive loser who refuses to have any contact even on the internet, I would just play this video on loop for the rest of my life:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsS-ZH38nTU

This bababbaababa

this

• Brohoof 2

Clearly both. If it weren't for ponies, I would've never joined, if it weren't for the community, I would've never stayed. Every time I come on, I just browse around, but still feel like I belong here. I've really enjoyed my time here so far, and will keep coming till the very end!

• Brohoof 2

Well the fact that I came across the forums was because of ponys, but I don't think I'd have stayed if it weren't for the amazing community here! There is so much acceptance here! Its crazy! I mean even with so many different groups of people, we can still accept each other. We even have debates here, but it isn't just CURSE YOU OUT UR OPINION SUCKS. Its actually quite constructive when we do, and again they are very accepting.

I do talk about pony's, but I also talk about many other things here. And it doesn't matter much what I talk about, because of how amazing the community is. These are easily the best forums I've ever been apart of.

Y'all are an amazing group of people! Not to mention talented, and funny, and smart, and helpful.

People from all walks of life, and we all come together from 1 common interest, mlp! And not only that, but we don't discriminate based on... Well anything!

It's truly astounding. Makes me get back a little of my faith in society everytime I come around here and see all the love and wonderful things here!

In closing, Y'all are amazing!

• Brohoof 2

This is an unanswerable question -- actually there is a both option. Problem solved.

I don't know if I've stated this before (I think I have) but I LOVE THIS FREAKING COMMUNITY. You guys and girls are what make my day, every single day. I'll admit there are certain members who I know and talk to much more often than others, however that doesn't draw back from anything. I WUV U ALL! :wub:

The ponies don't hurt either. Can never get enough pony. ;)

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

'Come for the ponies, stay for the community.'

Ponies is the initial attraction for most people. Unless they've been referred by a friend who's told them about how welcoming the community is. Then, ponies + community keep people forever interested. Even people who have lost most interest in ponies often stick around for the community. Swugah Pwum comes to mind :3

• Brohoof 3

I'm here for both, it's a great place to talk about ponies, in addition to the wonderful community.  The community just doesn't stay in the forums, we have groups in Skype, Xbox Live, Steam, etc.  If it wasn't for ponies, I wouldn't have meet all the great people I have on here, and if it wasn't for these forums, I wouldn't really have a place to talk about ponies.

• Brohoof 1

I like this place because I can talk about ponies and it's okay. No one is going to get on me for talking about them. I'm also here for the role playing aspect. It's been a while since I have role played, and in particular for me role playing as a pony is different but a fun change from what I've done before. I've meet some nice people here, so that's definitely a bonus.

At this point it's basically for show discussion (There is an anime forum I frequent that has a Pony thread, but discussion on that front has sort of petered out a little bit) but that's not because you aren't all lovely people.  Rather It's because I feel like the community here is so large and vibrant that it's taking me some time to feel like a part of it all, in a sense.  But it's getting there, if it hasn't already!

• Brohoof 1