My Little Pony Movie Discussion

Espionage

Small steps first.

Why would they make a huge theatrical movie when they don't even make plushies?

Twilight doesn't have plushies.... and they get movies that ruined both vampires and werewolves for me >:|

I think that an MLP FIM movie would be cool :3

lel.png

:3

It would give the franchise way more recognition, as you said (probably thanks to blokes like me who won't stop raving about it to his mates, thats how I became a brony in the first place).

(edited)

Man, if it is a straight-to-DVD film, it usually means its gonna suck :(.

Can't say that it won't happen to a theatrical release, but with much more people obviously going to see it, they would at least try to make a very good impression. Hiring a directer associated with Pixar or something like that (Like Brad Bird. He's directed the Incredibles, I think Ratatouille, and Mission Impossible 4, and those movies were highly praised) would be very good, because more than likely, the MLP:FiM movie would be as good as a animated Disney movie, and you know how good most of them are (Except for Cars 2, from what everybody has said :P), so that would put a very positive light on our image.

I hope they have a theatrical release, but if they are to make a movie, I'd wish they hire a top-notch directer/producer in order to make it very good :wub:.

Although I want a movie, I'd rather have it in a couple of years from now, like in 2016/2017 (Could be too far away, though), just to let the fandom grow a little more, and to also have it as a series finale, or at least one of the last "episodes" (So to speak) of the series :)

Edited by brokimbo deaglePower

spasticShotty-1753.png

Probably would be a finale to the series sort of thing, as I can't see them making anything anytime soon. I also wouldn't be surprised if it was a straight to DVD sort of thing, but who knows.

• Brohoof 1

fSnYzne.png

I think the chance of them making a full length movie in the future is very high. If it will be in theaters is doubtful but there is a chance not to low. If they ever where to make a movie i have my hopes up for it to be "Friendship is Magic: The Return of Discord".

Aww! Threads like this makes me se excited for possible confirmed stuff..

Anyways, if it will happen, I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

and:

The Simpsons Movie

img-2823101-1-UpBh15J.png

Hasbro has had a long history of releasing theatrical movies based on their properties. The Transformers movie was a big hit, and the recent Battleship movie was a modest success, too. But, can Hasbro make money off a theatrically released movie based on a girl's franchise?

I have no doubt that a My Little Pony movie is coming, perhaps, once the fourth season of FiM has ended. But, the question is: Will it have a theatrical release? Or will it be a straight to DVD affair?

Furthermore, will it spread like wildfire across the mainstream media, as a result of positive word of mouth from bronies who encourage their loved ones to see the film? Hasbro would be wise to utilize their adult fanbase in terms of mobilizing people to watch the movie (and making a big financial killing in the process).

I don't know. But an MLP: FiM movie can be produced very cheaply (at least, compared with live action movies like Transformers or Battleship), and Hasbro could see huge returns at the box office if it can encourage bronies to essentially market the movie for free to their friends and family.

Kind surprised Battleship isn't doing as well as I thought. Now granted, the idea of aliens in a movie about the board game is "???", but I'd rather see that than a few battleships and destroyers goin' againts each other. Plus, with how good Transformers did in the box office, you'd think a similiar looking movie sponsored by Hasbro based off another popular toyline would almost match the success of atleast the 2007 Transformers :P

spasticShotty-1753.png

Okay, so here's how I see the situation.

Yes, franchsies like Transformers and Battleship (shockingly) have had their big screen appearances. But let's just stick to movies for now.

Animated series have their "specials", or "movie-length features" all the time. And most of the time they are direct-to-DVD becuase they aren't that big of a series, in the sense that it would make no sense to show it in theatres. Transformers has had many long-running cartoon series, notably in the 80's. The trilogy, soon-to-be quadrilogy movie deal that Bay and Paramount have worked on for the past 5 years have their own separate canon, and are not directly based or related to any of the TV series or other canons, based on the specific charcaters, events, and locations. Long story short, that specific series was made for only film-length features and it isn't a cartoon series that airs every Saturday morning.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic will most likely never have any of their long specials featured in any kind of theatrical establishment because that's not what they're made to market to. If they made a, let's say, 2-hour epic, it would at least get a direct-to-DVD release, like most other cartoon-based movies.

This differs from movies themselves that get D2DVD releases, because they are thought of to not be that successful, so they save people money by allowing them to not suffer the experience of watching a crappy movie while others around you awkwardly cower in the insignificance of said film.

35be43d3544e00464ab762328fec3924_zpsd620432b.jpg

My journey in the fandom started on April 5, 2012. I joined here on April 24, 2012. Where that journey is headed now, who knows...

Battleship did pretty well overseas, from what I have heard.

Hehe, I 'sea' what's you did there. :P

• Brohoof 1

35be43d3544e00464ab762328fec3924_zpsd620432b.jpg

My journey in the fandom started on April 5, 2012. I joined here on April 24, 2012. Where that journey is headed now, who knows...

I know there's been a lot of talk about the whats and whens for a MLP:FiM movie, but I ask the simple question, WILL there be a movie in theaters at all?

I know there was a power puff girls movie that made the big screen, so there's hope. But that's power puff girls, one of the most recognizable cartoons of all time. MLP:FiM may not attract many theaters into investing into MLP, even though there's a massive following by the Bronies. I doubt there will be enough interest by the theater companies to host the movie because they will doubt the size and scope of the bronies. I don't think we'll see MLP:FiM in the big screen.

Now, that's not to say there won't be a B-movie MLP:FiM straight to DVD. Either way, I'm going to watch it.

What do you think?

• Brohoof 1

Straight to DVD film is the best anyone could ever hope for. Even though FiM's animation is great for a cartoon series, you can't expect flash animation to put audiences in theaters these days. Especially when all that people want to see anymore out of animation is CGi and MAYBE what Disney and Ghibli are putting out.

Look at the old MLP movie that came out in theaters in the 80s, it didn't really cut it out, I'm not a fan of TV shows made into movies in theaters, so even if one came out, one word, Redbox.

If they were going to make a movie, it will be on TV. It would probably be 1 hour-1 1/2 hours long.

Straight to DVD film is the best anyone could ever hope for. Even though FiM's animation is great for a cartoon series, you can't expect flash animation to put audiences in theaters these days. Especially when all that people want to see anymore out of animation is CGi and MAYBE what Disney and Ghibli are putting out.

Well, one gimmick that can help is 3-D. You know, with having the ponies in the foreground sticking out while ponyville or whatever appearing further away. I'm sure they can step up the animation a little bit to make it have more of an 'HD' feel to it. The 22 minute episodes I'm sure has some cut corners in it. With the time they would be able work with for a feature length movie would be ample for them to highly detail every frame.

Let's just hope for the best for now.

I don't think a movie would be very successful, especially here in the UK due to the show's relatively low prevalence.

Something that would be good (and although it has been mentioned many times before) is perhaps a feature-length finale episode to see out G4.

top lel

If they were going to make a movie, it will be on TV. It would probably be 1 hour-1 1/2 hours long.

This.

But I'd still watch the hell out of it. I mean, the great 2-parters demonstrate the writers can carry a longer story and can you imagine the musical numbers we'd get in a feature length film?

i hope so

Posted Image

Are you so sure about that?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXoYK4b_q24

Anyway I'd be happy with a TV movie or something, but I suppose it's a possibility.

• Brohoof 2

vaporeon.gif

Eeveelutions:

@Vaporeon: N-Harmonia        : Ampharos      @Flareon: Descant/Bard

@Espeon:  Locked        @Umbreon: Lhee        @Leafeon:   Firebolt        @Glaceon: Mal       @SylveonDon'tDropThatDedenne

Are you so sure about that?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXoYK4b_q24

Anyway I'd be happy with a TV movie or something, but I suppose it's a possibility.

that was the STUPIDEST fan made movie i have EVER SEEN

DO NOT BUCK WITH ME, THIS IS FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY.

oc: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/staticthor-draconus-r126

second oc: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/sultrus-r3025

I know there's been a lot of talk about the whats and whens for a MLP:FiM movie, but I ask the simple question, WILL there be a movie in theaters at all?

I know there was a power puff fillies movie that made the big screen, so there's hope. But that's power puff fillies, one of the most recognizable cartoons of all time. MLP:FiM may not attract many theaters into investing into MLP, even though there's a massive following by the Bronies. I doubt there will be enough interest by the theater companies to host the movie because they will doubt the size and scope of the bronies. I don't think we'll see MLP:FiM in the big screen.

Now, that's not to say there won't be a B-movie MLP:FiM straight to DVD. Either way, I'm going to watch it.

What do you think?

The Gen 1 My Little Pony movie got into theatres, and that thing sucked.