Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you dislike your first name?

Le Kvlt Dawn

Raymond.  Yeah, I'm gettin tired of the Everybody Loves Raymond jokes. 

Which is why I'm actually Dr. Eggnog IRL too if you can believe it.

Raymond's a name tons of people used to have but not so much anymore.  I'm named after Ray Davies (my dad's a big music guy, but I'm more into TV).

That's actually a good question. My name's Asif.

It drives me crazy that nopony cant pronounce it. I'm not trying to be annoyingly nitpicky, but it sounds really bad (to me, at least) when people say it wrong. (It supposed to be "aw-siff")

That said, I really like the uniqueness of my name, and also since it's not technically a religious name (not that I have anything against that, I just am glad I didn't get the runner up name for me, Hussain).

Plus, there's no shortage of (supposed) meanings for the name :P

Arabic: Forgiveness

Hebrew: Harvest

Arabic: Gather

Afghan: Pure/clean

Viking: Monkey's leg (wut?)

Persian: Strong and Able (this is was the one I was supposedly named after, but I cant find out if it really means that in Persian/Farsi)

Arabic: Storm

Yes, arabic is up there thrice. 

And my name because it's short. Filling out applications and papers is really easy :P

Soo, I guess I like my name.

No, I don't. It's a male name, and being that I don't consider myself a male, I don't find it appropriate. I'd much prefer a more female name.

I don't really hate it. But sometimes I want to change my name to Luna or Gwenirien (Gwen for short) so that it'll be unique. Though my friends call me Luna anyway as a nickname even if it's so far from my real one XD

I don't really dislike my name, but I get tired of everyone mispronouncing it. My first name is Geoffrey. It sounds just like Jeffrey. In fact, it was the original Old English version of the name. It's not even that uncommon a name. I just get sick of being called things like Gregery or Godfry of George. Or anything with a G sound. It gets annoying. I don't want to change my name, I just want people to say it right.

It means peaceful traveler.

I don't really dislike my name, but I get tired of everyone mispronouncing it. My first name is Geoffrey. It sounds just like Jeffrey. In fact, it was the original Old English version of the name. It's not even that uncommon a name. I just get sick of being called things like Gregery or Godfry of George. Or anything with a G sound. It gets annoying. I don't want to change my name, I just want people to say it right.

It means peaceful traveler.

Honestly I had no trouble pronouncing your name.  It sounds like your just dealing with illiterate ignorant people that do not know how to read.  Just remember your never alone. :)

Yes. God I hate the name Quentin. I'm not that much of a fan with the letter Q much, but what really bothers me is when I have to say it. I just don't like that way it's said. Same thing whenever I say "Brony", I just hate saying that word for some reason.

Also, most people usually end up spelling it wrong. Hell, even my old CUB SCOUT LEADER got it wrong. Most switch the "e" and the 'I', and to be fair, when I hear my name, that's exactly what it sounds like. It's so annoying.

Though I do have to give it credit for being a somewhat unusual name. I rarely see any other person with my name, and that's kind of cool I guess.

I got a common 80's name but its from

my moms fav book also so I like it.

Ashley,  i don't mind my name

but its also comes from

a sacerd druid tree!

Only thing I hate is when

ppl call me Ash!  I hate being

called Ash and more then once

i got to tell ppl to call me in my

full name.

Honestly I had no trouble pronouncing your name.  It sounds like your just dealing with illiterate ignorant people that do not know how to read.  Just remember your never alone. :)

How about almost every teacher and substitute in school, especially the grammar teachers? The problem is that most people just don't care. They take a quick look and see the Ge, and say the first think that comes to their heads. It gets pretty annoying. It's like "Hello, Mister not worth my time."

I kinda hate my name. My name is Jimmy. What I dislike about it is that it's supposed to be a nickname for James but, my name is NOT James. So I get asked "Is your name James?" a lot and it's pissing me off. Why couldn't I have a had a more "normal" name?

So anyone else have any similar issues with their name? 

I would feel lucky of having that name knowing a badass Starcraft character has it too  (Jim Raynor, I mean this guy is beyond awesome) 

As for my case, having Peter as a name is totally comforting, and i actually like it a lot

its nothing wrong with my IRL name.
its just you hear Arvid a lot where i live ,-,
and its kinda annoying when i walk down the streets and someone yells at some else Arvid.
and then it turns really embarrassing when i turn around to look ;w;

• 1 month later...

I sorta like my name.  I'd like it a bit more if it weren't SO common for guys in my age group.  I'm John, BTW, nice to meet you!  :)

There are a couple of issues I have with it.  One, I tend to tune people out when they're calling me because I think they're talking to another John.  Two, people think it's short for Jonathan.  Wrong.  The shortened form of Jonathan is spelled Jon.  And it reminds me of how fellow students mistreated me in first grade.  Anytime one of them got mad at me, they'd call me "JonaTHIN"!  Emphasis on the thin, LOL!

Sometimes I wish I had a cooler name like Brian or Kevin.  Well, those sounded cooler to me when I was growing up.  But things could be worse.  I could be Michael, Peter, or Joseph.  Or if I was born a girl, my name would be Mary Lou.  Do NOT want!  :P

• Brohoof 3

I like my name, it's fairly unique but not completely unknown. I only know one, maybe two, other people with the same name. It's also really easy to make nicknames with and so my friends always call me something different, I think it's funny.  :P

I honestly am fine with Dylan, it's somewhat of a creative name and has a good folklore to back it up, it's the last name which kills me. Carroll is the name of my stepfather's family, and I hate that side of the family. My real father, who I haven't talked too in years, didn't want me to have his last name of McCleerey. So, I figured I'll change my last name to my mother's maiden name, Walters, which is the side of the family I actually love.

Edited by TesTamenT

I think Jimmy is a pretty normal name, considering some of the ones I've heard... but, to answer your question, no; I do not dislike my first name. My name is Alyssa-Jayne and I think it's very feminine and floral sounding :) I love it. If it weren't my name, I'd probably choose something like it for my daughter's name haha!

• Brohoof 1

I'll admit at some point I didn't like my name at all. My names Justin by the way. Anyway, I love my name, mainly because in the area I'm at there doesn't seem to be that many Justins. So normally I know when someone is talking to me or not :)

I used to hate my name, Jocelyn, as a kid. I hated that it was different from the normal names, and I just wanted to be something like Emily or Katie. But now I've grown to like it, and I'm glad that there's not many opportunities for me to get confused with someone else :D And the many ways people would misspell it used to annoy me too, but now I'm more amused by it.

I like my name, haven't met too many Ashley's in life yet. I also get pitted with the name "Ash". I feel like a Pokémon Master! That and I almost got named Rose... That really would have hurt.

• Brohoof 1

On early times I did not like my first name. I'm Indonesian. My dad gave me a "weird" name.

The first name is Gagas, which is uncommon in the country, the common one is Bagas, with just 1 letter difference. Almost everyone I meet call me Bagas, then I will correct their spelling mistake.

At first I did not like this name, but then I realized that this is a gift from my dad, then now I like it because it is my characteristic, different from anyone else. Maybe people will remember me because of the weird name.

And so far I have only met 1 person that have the same first name.

Terrence; a very unimposing and underwhelming name. There are no special connotations to it, no unique twists. I was named after a grandfather who has been absent from my whole families life for the last decade by his own choice. My middle name is just as bland so I've always just gone with whatever nickname I picked up along the way, though for the last few years ive been using what the Joe's call me; Doc Ginger

Terrence; a very unimposing and underwhelming name. There are no special connotations to it, no unique twists. I was named after a grandfather who has been absent from my whole families life for the last decade by his own choice. My middle name is just as bland so I've always just gone with whatever nickname I picked up along the way, though for the last few years ive been using what the Joe's call me; Doc Ginger

I don't see anything wrong with that name. If anything, the phonetic sounds similar to "terror" and stuff of the sort. You might be a very intimidating pony! xD

My First name is Michael, I don't have anything wrong with it, but it's quite surprising to me that it originated from the Hebrew language.