Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you dislike your first name?

Le Kvlt Dawn

I like my firstname, it is Annie. I got called after my mother's grandma or something like that. Some kids in school when I was a little kid made fun of it but I didn't care about it. I like my name because it's not so normal but not to wierd name either.

I used to hate my name, but then I took....ooor I should just shut up with that...
Anyway, I used to hate it but then I realized that no matter where I am, they always don't have a problem spelling it which I find really cool. I even use it as my username almost everywhere now (with that said, you can probably tell that my name is Luka). Well, either is it my name or "Midnight Lightning" but my name still rules over the other one. :P

My name is Theresa, and until 5th grade, I was Terry...Everyone I knew growing up called me Terry and back then I did not even know my name was Theresa until I ran into a new teacher who hated nicknames.  I really hated it then (I was and am a tomboy and Theresa is NOT a tomboy name) 

I guess now I am indifferent...I like that it means reaper (harvester)...which makes me think I am strong and loyal (like a farmer to his field). 

I wish I had a middle name though....my parents were not creative or just lazy....it's J.  that's it....

haven't found a name starting with J that I like...

Edited by Treble Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

'Cause my family pronounces it differently than I do and if I try to say it, people will get it wrong because I always seem to get it wrong.

7th letter of the alphabet, or G as in giraffe is what I always say, and everyone thinks I'm saying the fourth letter of the alphabet, and there's no E in it anywhere. I always say it using four syllables, and it goes out differently, but my family insists on three syllables.

Oh, and unless you live in Japan, my name's the same as that of the leader of Team Rocket: Giovanni. Joo-bahn-knee, Gee-yo-vahn-knee; Why else do I go under the name of Ganaram?

Actually, I just hate saying my real name (kinda woulda liked June Giovanni; JG <last name censored>, or John, which is what Giovanni actually means; Giovanni is John in Italian; Why Italian?), and have been growing more fond of "Ganaram" ever since I conceived the name in 2008.

My last name's even worse, but it's easier for me to correct people saying my last name than my first name, and don't get me started on my middle name...

In other words, I've the weirdest names. Just don't like saying it.

Oh, and on the top of nicknames, Gio is an acceptable nickname, Vanni is NOT!!! I hate that one even more. It's a childhood nickname, and to hear someone say it other than my immediate family just makes things exponentially awkward for me.

I quite like my first name, it's unique. Alot of the jokes kids made about my name were about my last name, which is Powers. If I had a dollar for everytime some kid said "Are you related to Austin Powers?", I'd be a very wealthy man.

Edited by Twinhead B
  • Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

My first name is Amy, and I like it a lot. It's short and sweet, there's nothing fancy or complicated about it, and it makes writing my name on tiny lines of space an easy task, as my last name is also short. There's not a lot that can be done with my name as far as nicknames, but that's okay because Amy is pretty much a diminutive and "cutesy" sounding name anyway, but whether that's good or bad I don't know.

More importantly, I am extremely grateful that my mother settled on the name Amy because my grandparents and my aunt always joke about how she originally wanted to name me Dominique, Nicolette, or other fancy pants French names that just wouldn't work for me, (no offense to anyone who has those names) and to this day my folks say that I "So owe them," for talking my mother into naming me Amy instead. Indeed, I do owe them just a bit, but they could ease ease up on all of the demands. ;)

The only drawback? Having to listen to a nonstop onslaught of this song called

, which is obviously a different spelling, but it does have the same pronunciation. And I'm not talking about listening to the song on the radio so much as I am talking about my family singing this to me. >_> Oh well, it's a nice song that brings back a lot of fond memories, and a small price to pay for having a name that I like. :) Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 3

My name is good enough. (Jeffrey) I like that it's not that common of a name, at least where I live. My parents other name option for me was Andrew. I was never a big fan of Andrew, however I do love the nickname of it, Andy. Oh well, Jeffrey is good enough for me. :)

Edited by Digital Tears

My first name is Timothy, but I've always gone by Alex, the shortened version of my middle name, Alexander, and everyone's (including my family) always called me that anyway, probably to avoid confusing me with my dad (Timothy, but goes by Tim). I am quite fond of the name Alex, but it's sort of common where I live. Timothy is an okay name, too, but I prefer Alex. If I did go by my first name, I'd probably prefer Timothy instead of Tim or Timmy.

• 2 months later...

Secretly? Yes...

My first name is David, but where I live, it's an EXTREMELY COMMON name by city and origing wise.

Xavie or Chris would be a better name if you ask me.

I for one love my first name,

Randell!

I'm the only guy in the world that has that name... a lot of ponies keep thinking its Randall.... its like no. its Randell. Dell! not Dall.

Dude, that's a name I wish I had!

Very great name dude!

• Brohoof 1

Raven.

RAVEN

ravennnnnnnnnn.

Or Rae, a lot of people call me Rae. No, I don't dislike it. It's mysterious haha. I'd probably change it but it's ok :P

I not really like my name much either. It was odd today, when I wrote it on my paper at school, and looking at it I felt like it wasn't my name. Like it literally wasn't suposed to be me.

I prefer to be called by my avatar name "PinkiePieJr," but many people just call me pinkie, and I like that too.