Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you dislike your first name?

Le Kvlt Dawn

My first name's Brayden.

It's an alright name.  It rhymes with two out of my three brothers, and sets me appart as unique.  (But what I hate the most is that EVERYONE misspells it!!! Either it's Braden or Bradon or Braydin!  Y U NO SPELL IT RIGHT?!?!?!)

At least it's better than what my parents were originally going to name me...

Gerome.

Edited by Brisineo

No, I don't dislike my name. It's a very common name but I'm alright with it. I haven't always liked my middle name though, kinda going back and fourth between liking it and then not. Eventually I'll get to the point where I will appreciate it more.

Edited by Fluttermoon

If your name isn't James, then why is your name Jimmy? I've never seen anyone named Jimmy who wasn't named James. Just wondering.

In Quebec, it's very common though.  My own cousin is named Jimmy.  I never knew it was short for James, thought it was a name by itself.

EDIT:  Wait, I have two cousins named Jimmy :wacko: .  You could say it's common here...

For me, I would say I don't like mine either...  It's Melissa and once I was in a class with two other Melissa.  It's confusing when that happens.  But my last name is cool.

And anyway I'll be changing my first name soon enough for a male one.

Edited by notdog1996
  • Brohoof 1

I dislike my first name.

Jessica.

DO YOU KNOW how many Jessica's there are? And there were always three or four others in my classes

and I was the least pretty of them all and always got stuck with plain old Jessica while they got to go by Jessie.

So I claimed Jess when I stopped being such an awkward person

Still SO many Jessica's.

But I go by Jess. 

Still I would give anything to have been named something not so generic.

I hate my name. Not only is Michael a super-common name, which makes it very easy to think somebody is talking to me when they're not. But it also is very... Underwhelming.

I have been hunting the hero and his party down for weeks, and I have finally found them. All that's left for me to do is kill them, and collect the bounty on their heads. Suddenly one of the heroes turns around, and sees me: "OMG GUYS! WATCH OUT FOR MICHAEL!"

...Ruins the moment.

My name is michael and i like my name. I dont think names are supposed to be super unique or anything, though that might be a nice bonus to have. I live in germany and there are lots of michaels here, but i dont know any personally.

I dont dislike my name as such, but i'd take something cooler. 

Daniel is a pretty common name by birth, there's some biblical crap to do with it too, but I dont care for that stuff.

I'd love to have a name like Mordechai, or Salvador (Borderlands anyone?) or Maximus, just something that stands out. Despite the fact I dont like attention, I would love to be unique like that.

• Brohoof 1

Eh. My name's okay, I guess. It's Andrew, and there are a lot of Andrews... A year or two ago I'd've told you I hated it because the son of the band director sat directly behind me in band class, his name also being Andrew, and he'd get yelled at each and every day, and I always thought it was me being yelled at...

Since I left for college this year, I've been Drew, and I like Drew far better thus far...

Besides, about half of everyone I know refers to me solely by my last name, or some nickname thereof... My last name is unique. You don't see many Farkases around, especially not ones that play French Horn. Band people are always asking me if I'm related to this guy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Farkas

Edited by Descant

I like my first name (Ripley) though the jokes/puns that come with it can get a little annoying every now and again. If I had a dime for every "believe it or not" joke I've gotten, I'd be richer than Bill Gates  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I kinda hate my name. My name is Jimmy. What I dislike about it is that it's supposed to be a nickname for James but, my name is NOT James. So I get asked "Is your name James?" a lot and it's pissing me off. Why couldn't I have a had a more "normal" name?

So anyone else have any similar issues with their name? 

Wow, that must be really obnoxious. I don't actually go by my first name, and I don't ever think of it as my name. See my username for example: Alex-Kennedy. I didn't even think to Robert (my first name) to that. Not that I have a problem with Robert, but I've never been called that even by my parents.

I don't dislike, nor like my name, it's quite neutral to me since my nickname is used a lot more. (Johannes ---> Jonke)

I'm not sure how common it is, i really don't care to be honest. My last name however (Lewrén)... is quite uncommon here in Sweden. (20-30 people)

Edited by Jonke

Well, my first name is Sune, which means sønn (son) on Norrønt (Vikingish).
That means that my (first) name is over 1000 years old :P 

There is one problem tho, people that are not from Norway may call me Sone or Sün....

angry_fluttershy_vector_for_team_5_by_th

And don't get me started with my last name   :blink: 

Edited by Arcium

same situation as the one stated above, I have a first name that's much too difficult to be pronounced by people of English speaking countries; secondly, it's much too weird, as it ends in an "A", although I'm a guy; usually, first names ending in an "A" are mostly given to girls, but not mine...

First Name: Avery

What I like: There aren't many Avery's around (there;s only one other at my school).  It's a semi-common first name.

Dislikes: It's used more as a girl's name than a guy's name.

Fun fact, my grandmother originally wanted to call me Pointdexter cause she thinks (yes she is still currently with us) it was a cute choice. Thank god my mom had some sense....

Though I guess Avery is better i don't think of my name to be like amazing. I kinda hear it a lot so it sounds weird to me when someone says it I guess... Does that happen to anyone else?

Edited by MeanBlackHawk
  • Brohoof 1

I love my First name, Matthew. I don't know, it's a very chivalry-like name, and I can name a lot of famous and important people named Matthew, including but not limited to Saint Matthew, Matt Damon... uhh, well, all I know is that there are a lot of renowned people name Matthew.

same situation as the one stated above, I have a first name that's much too difficult to be pronounced by people of English speaking countries; secondly, it's much too weird, as it ends in an "A", although I'm a guy; usually, first names ending in an "A" are mostly given to girls, but not mine...

Your actually completely right, I seriously have spent about 5 minutes (i'm not that patient) thinking of names to prove this wrong.... but your totally accurate. I came up with a list of girl names that start with e and end with a;

Ema/Emma

Eva

Elberta

Edna

Emilia

Elaina

Eda

Ella

Erica

Edria

Eliza

I LOVE MY NAME :D

Ned

positives

-Short

-Unique

-Passed down for MANY generations

-It means "armed defender of wealth" (The name. not the acronym )

-know when people are talking to you

negatives

-A slew of insults come with my name

-people think that it is short for something like Nedward

I do not care at all though, I love my first name! :D

(The show "Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide" was interesting to watch :P)

Edited by XxSAINExX

Well I have not problem with my first name never really got teased about it, though I do dislike the nickname for my first name. I think it is mainly because I don't get how the heck you get Dick out of Richard? Oh I did get teased about my last name because it is hard to pronounce it is Italian.

First Name: Avery

What I like: There aren't many Avery's around (there;s only one other at my school).  It's a semi-common first name.

Dislikes: It's used more as a girl's name than a guy's name.

Fun fact, my grandmother originally wanted to call me Pointdexter cause she thinks (yes she is still currently with us) it was a cute choice. Thank god my mom had some sense....

Though I guess Avery is better i don't think of my name to be like amazing. I kinda hear it a lot so it sounds weird to me when someone says it I guess... Does that happen to anyone else?

I know [of] three Averys.

They're getting more common at Catholic Prep schools. No joke. I see em all the time.

I think Pointdexter is flipping badass. It's unusual, but it's a cool name. If you read my prior posts, I point out how I wanted to be named something really sick, such as Maximus, Otto, Napoleon, Charlemagne, or waitforit.... ADOLF.

Fritz is also a great name too. xD

I kinda hate my name. My name is Jimmy. What I dislike about it is that it's supposed to be a nickname for James but, my name is NOT James. So I get asked "Is your name James?" a lot and it's pissing me off. Why couldn't I have a had a more "normal" name?

So anyone else have any similar issues with their name? 

You could almost say...that...

it rustles your jimmies.

But in all serious. My first name is Joshua, and I don't mind it all. I actually like my name. My initials are actually JAB, funnily enough.

I know [of] three Averys.

They're getting more common at Catholic Prep schools. No joke. I see em all the time.

I think Pointdexter is flipping badass. It's unusual, but it's a cool name. If you read my prior posts, I point out how I wanted to be named something really sick, such as Maximus, Otto, Napoleon, Charlemagne, or waitforit.... ADOLF.

Fritz is also a great name too. xD

Yeah I only know two other Avery's personally. Another fun fact, when my gf went to some college fair a guy hit on her and his name was also Avery, talk about weird hunh? I thought that was hilarious. Eh as for Pointdexter I don't think it would have worked for me, I could see myself being called Dexter, but since I'm so used to hearing Avery it doesn't ring as well. :P