Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you dislike your first name?

Le Kvlt Dawn

Because I despise my legal name with a fiery passion of a thousand suns, I'd rather not post it publicly. It got made fun of so much back in my school days and people, to this day, can never pronounce it right on the first try and I always have to correct them when they do.

For about 8 years or so, I've gone by the handle "Drake" online and I'd much prefer to change it to my real name someday.

My actual name is James, but I switched to Jay in 2012 because I just liked it more. The only time I expect to be called James nowadays is by my mother.

Sure growing up with a name like Evan was aggravating.  I always would get times where people would spell my name Even, like I was a type of number. However as I got older I understood that a name like Evan was perfect for me, this is why. Evan is welsh and means "young warrior" when I was young I always thought I was a good fighter as I would defeat anyone who dared wielded a stick sword. I was fast and ruthless with a "blade". As I grew up no one wanted to fight me with a blade of any kind, which saddened me. I grew up being a big egghead, often reading books in less than a week. One of my elementary accomplishments was reading Pearls of Lutra By: Brian Jacques a 375 page novel in less than one day. I remember having to wait for my teachers to make new Accelerated Reading quizzes because I could read books in days and they just couldn't keep up with me. This caused me to be a social deviant, as most people were just doing the bare minimum and loathed when I would get the free pan pizza coupons for our sponsor Pizza Hut, for every 100 page book I read so a Redwall book was like three pan pizzas. Long story short I had to struggle with people resenting my passion and eagerness to learn and like a warrior defending his ideals I kept my love of itellectual learning and knowledge despite the slander from my peers. I am a young warrior; I am Evan. 

• Brohoof 2

Luis, a common Hispanic name.

Lots of people say "Louis", though. x)

I'm perfectly okay with t, but as I said before, it's a common name.

I must know talent 4 others named Luis. :lol:

(edited)

We'll i don't dislike my first name and my first name is "Felicia" means happniess,but i lose my happniess if i get deepresed sad or mad or big temper moods...All i dislike is being called "Princess poops alot" my dad always picks on me and calls me that :/ and i dislike being called "Cheese" my dad also called me that :/ and i also dislike "Weeshy washing machine company" i was called that when i was a little toddler and still kinda being called that my dad said that company is real....

Somebody i kinda know dislikes her first name alot acctulay she hates her's.

I don't get why some parent's call there kid's first names wrong that does not suit them like "Ronald Walken" but his friend said to him that he looks more like a "Christopher Walken" and i agree he looks more like a "Christopher" not like a "Ronald" his famliy must of named him wrong i don't know if it's true about his famliy naming his first name wrong and "Christopher Walken" keeps his first name as Christopher but he likes to be called Chris...

I really hate when somebody calls my name in a diffrent way like "Felicity" because i like my real first name to be called "Felicia" since it means happniess.

Edited by Felicia

I hate my first name. It is Raine. Mocked throughout grade school because of it. When I went to daycare during the summer when I was younger, Michelle called me rain dancer. I would like to have a kinda normal name but still be rather original and unique.

My mom named me from a knight in one of her Nora Roberts books. Velvet song was the title.

(edited)

My two older brothers thought it was a good name. My parents both liked it too so here I am, as Jimmy. Oh well, at least it's not something like "Brad" or "Max". 

HEY! I have a friend named Max. Is that supposed to mean.........

Well, I don't hate my name it's special. What I hate is when people spell it wrong because it's spelled differently than normal....I HAVE TO TELL PEOPLE ABOUT A THOUSAND TIMES TO GET IT RIGHT! IT'S NOT HARD TO SPELL I'VE HAD TO DEAL WITH THIS FOR YEARS! cough I'm sorry it seems I got carried away.....

Edited by Star Ruby

I hate my first name.

"Riley." 

It's just so...ewww.

People who read my name without knowing me first always assume I'm a female, too >_> I know it's a more common name for girls, but it's a boy's name too, you know.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I hate my first name.

"Riley." 

It's just so...ewww.

People who read my name without knowing me first always assume I'm a female, too >_> I know it's a more common name for girls, but it's a boy's name too, you know.

I would take your name for ya. People confuse my name with Riley or Raiden anyways  >_> 

Just so you know. It's Rylan so I can see how people could confuse it with Raiden or Ryan but not Riley... I don't even

Edited by Noire Panzer
  • Brohoof 1

I won't reveal my real name, all you folks need to know me as is Duster (or Dusty if you want to be cute.) But I'm pretty okay with my first name. The trouble is there's a thousand ways to spell my name so inevitably I have to clarify how it's spelled.

I was almost named Noel since I was due in December, was born a month earlier and didn't get a Christmas name. Ah well. I kinda like Noel actually.

• 10 months later...

My first name is 'Edwin', and my general dislike of how it sounds isn't exactly helped by the fact that my dad (who also is referred to as Edwin sometimes) likes to think he's the one being talked to every time someone uses my name... even though often the person speaking doesn't even call him Edwin...  >_>

I think I like my name, but maybe it's just because I'm used to it. I can't really think of a different name that I'd rather be called though.

Also, I've known several people with ...strange... names, such as "Britain" and "Myanmar", so I'm fine with my average name.

My first name is Summer, and even if it may sound pretty, I do dislike it. The fact that I'm named after my least favourite season is bad enough, but what makes me not like it is whenever people are in a conversation about the season itself. Any time I hear somebody talk about summer, I assume they're talking about me. ;_;

My name is rather uncommon, as it's actually more common as a family name. I used to dislike it because it always struck me as childish-sounding, and when I read the Harry Potter books when I was young, I always thought the name "James Potter" was really cool, it sounded strong, mature and resilient, and I wished I were called James. Though with time I've learned to be satisfied with it.

I don't dislike my name (Thom) all that much, although I never liked the full version Thomas. I do dislike hearing or seeing my name, though. I'm not entirely sure why, I just don't like to be called by my name. I don't think having another name would have prevented that, though. Honestly, being addressed with 'dude' or 'hey asshole' will do just fine. No need to use my name, really.