Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you dislike your first name?

Le Kvlt Dawn

Name's Hazel - and I actually quite like it :3

Who doesn't like turnign their name into an emo sounding thing like "Haze"?

Right?

RIGHT?

>.>

Matthew. But everyone calls me Matt. Besides it being a very common name, it's time-tested, there's a lot of famous people with the name, and I like it. Now, my middle and last names, those are the exciting ones, makes me sound like I'm a viking.

• Brohoof 1

Matthew. But everyone calls me Matt. Besides it being a very common name, it's time-tested, there's a lot of famous people with the name, and I like it. Now, my middle and last names, those are the exciting ones, makes me sound like I'm a viking.

That's my name too  :D

Personally, I don't like it. My middle name was supposed to be my first name but my dad insisted I be named after him. My middle name is my grandfather's first name who was a great person and I'm a lot like he was according to my mother. I usually prefer to go by that name

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I absolutely hate it.  It's incredibly long, so it's super annoying to write down. It's a semi-common name, but it's usually spelled differently so everyone (Even teachers.) writes my name incorrectly. Plus, I have yet to meet someone (who doesn't live in my country), who can pronounce it correctly.

When I went to America, some authority person asked me for my ID, and he asked me to pronounce my name because he had no clue how to say it. I'd never been any more embarrassed in my entire life. 

It's also a reminder that no matter where I'll go, and no matter how long I'll stay there, I'll always be a foreigner to others. :'(

Edited by 00111100 00110011

My 1st name is rather boring (it's Richard if any of you were wondering). I just feel that it is so common and kind of boring, but I've grown used to it. 

If anything, I prefer if people called me by my Vietnamese name, since I more strongly associate myself with it. My Viet name is Hieu, it is just so much more unique than Richard. My name means "dutiful to parents" and I feel that it fits me more than my English name.

Not at all.  My first name, Nicholas means many things, which is pretty cool, b/c some of it does in fact show my personality:

- Means "Victory"

- Saint of Giving/Generosity

- Blessing of Children and Sailors

- Creative Personality

Don't believe me, look up Behind the Name, :D

I personally know very few people that positively loathe the names that their parents gave to them. I, however, am one of those people.

Nothing particularly out of the ordinary and whilst I don't hear it a lot I know for a fact that a great many others share the name; Antony. Not "Anthony" like most people would spell it but Antony...

Aside from the fact that I've always thought the name was stupid, regardless of the spelling, I've just never liked having it as my own name -_-

If I could change my name to anything it would have to be Ivan, I freaking love that name. 

It's a unique name, but it's impossible for me to pronounce correctly due to a slight lisp, so I usually give people short hand names anyways. Other than that, I don't feel either way about it.

It's Nicolai. And no, i'm not russian, /lmao.

Thank christ I've been called Nick ever since I started in school. 

I dislike my first name because it does not match my correct gender :/ 

Technically, I do have a female name but due to modernization of certain names, mine is now associated with males. I do plan to change my full name to Ella Claire Smith (:

I loathe my first name. I considered changing it for a long time, and it even got to the point where any new people I encountered, whether at jobs or socially, knew me by the name I had planned to switch to. Eventually, I abandoned the intent because it would be too time-consuming and costly to change my name. I would have had to change a lot of other things, among them bank accounts and cards, tax forms, and DMV records. Additionally, my family would never begin using a new name, so I would still be known by my original name to the bulk of the people I interact with. 

It doesn't make it any easier, though. I hate it I hate it I hate it. 

• Brohoof 1

Meh, it's okay I guess, although the name Cody is a bit to overused IMO, I would have liked to have a little bit more unique name! Maybe I should change it to "Dashie" or something, that would be pretty unique! ^_^

• Brohoof 1

nope I like my name it is cool

Meh, it's okay I guess, although the name Cody is a bit to overused IMO, I would have liked to have a little bit more unique name! Maybe I should change it to "Dashie" or something, that would be pretty unique! ^_^

I agree it would be epic maybe I should start calling you that bud lol

• Brohoof 1

nope I like my name it is cool

I agree it would be epic maybe I should start calling you that bud lol

Durn it John, I swear to Celestia........that would be...............................................................SO AWESOME!!!!! :wub:

• Brohoof 1

I hate it.

1. My name is Kalin.

2. Nobody ever spells it right. I've seen Kaylin, Kalen, Kaylen...yeah. it's an odd name.

3. I've never met another male with my name (or a spelling variation of it). Only females. And the total count in my lifetime of 21 years is about 4 other people. So I've only met 4 other people who have my name but they're ALL girls.

But what bothers me most is misspelling. I couldn't have something simple like Jacob or Mike or Robert? -.- Nobody spells those name incorrectly..

Edited by Jean Valjean