Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who would make a good leader when Twilight isn't around?

poniesforfun

25 users have voted

1. 1. Who would lead the Mane Six, if Twilight was absent for some reason?

• Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity
    • Pinkie Pie
  2. 2. Who would Twilight appoint to lead the group in her absence?

• Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity
    • Pinkie Pie

Unless you don't think she's a good leader though I think she makes the best choice so far. So for me I think Applejack would make the best leader when Twilight isn't around because she's very frank, probably knows how to deal with responsibilities with other people (like her Apple Family). When she first saved Twilight Sparkle from that cliff on the first episode I had this feeling that she would end up Twilight's closest and most dependable friend like her first mate on a ship or something.

• Brohoof 3

Applejack is rational, focused and has earthly wisdom. I'd go so far as to say she'd make a better leader than Twilight because she has more level head and never goes psycho over littlest thing that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. She's organized like Twilight but not nearly as anal retentive and obsessive.

Edited by Jammo
  • Brohoof 6

Applejack is definitely the most mature pony after Twilight, so I would have to say Applejack.  She knows how to act in a situation, and is quite comfortable as a leader.

• Brohoof 1

Here.  I like making lists:

• Pinkie Pie: No.  Definitely not.  She is too ridiculous and rarely thinks things over.  And she makes bad decisions...often.  xD  And she would probably do the thing that would be most fun, rather then logical.
  • Fluttershy: No.  She makes good decisions sometimes.  Like with Discord.  She isn't the leader type when it comes to ponies.  And she would probably have difficulty making big decisions.
  • Rarity: No.  She could be a leader for certain things.  But she isn't as smart as Twilight (none of them are) She over reacts to things and is over dramatic.  She wouldn't be able to handle the pressure.
  • Rainbow Dash: No.  She can be rather aggressive sometimes and I believe she would make decisions too quickly.  And she doesn't always make the right ones either.  She could be a leader for certain things though.
  • Applejack: Ding, ding, ding!  We have a winner!  Applejack is the most practical.  She is quite smart.  (I think xD) She may over do things sometimes, but she is very responsible.

I wrote ALL that?  I must be really bored!

• Brohoof 5

Applejack. AJ probably makes a better leader then Twilight, but is not the leader due to elemental status.

I think Rarity could also lead quite nicely.

• Brohoof 3

Well my first choice would be Applejack. She is smart, willing to take charge, will take things head on, and she strong.

My second choice would be Rainbow Dash. True she is a little rash, but I feel like she has improved scenes she went to the Wonderbolt academy. So her leadership skill may have improved. 

Edited by pinkiefan1287
  • Brohoof 4

It seems almost everybody votes for Applejack, so will I. 

For it is clear as crystal water and yes.. she does have her quarrels with Rarity and Rainbow Dash, but in the end she is most fitting,

Oooooh. Good question.

But an easy answer, Applejack.

She is the most mature out of the mane 6 and know's the solutions to many problems because she's a very wise pony.

She's also agile, tough, and fast so you know in combat Applejack would be a good leader.

There are two candidates for this:

1. Applejack: Of the remaining five ponies, she's easily the most mature and down to earth. Whenever there's a problem, she has the intelligence to solve them without any or many hitches.
  2. Spike: Even for a kid dragon, he would also make a great leader. When you review the rest of the gang, Spike is the one who's known Twilight better than anyone, and he seems to have Twilight's intelligence, wits, expertise, and cunning. He has the knack for jewels, but whenever he has to step up to the plate, he can and will. Look at Magic Duel's library scene: He was the one who kept the team together while Twilight was exiled in the Everfree Forest.
  • Brohoof 2

This is an easy one Applejack, since Applejack helps run Sweet Apple Acres along with Big Macintosh she is already used to dealing with large amounts of responsibility. Most of the time she is very level headed and has that balance of thinking things through without over analyzing which is something Twilight needs to work on.

• Brohoof 1

Combo between Applejack, Dash and Rarity.

Applejack because she's the most mature and she can reign in the other two.

Rainbow because she's already proven herself a more than capable leader in Hurricane Fluttershy and Wonderbolt Academy

And Rarity because she's fairly intelligent and she can direct the others when a plan requires tact or subtlety.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 2

Pretty simple if the question if presented like that. AJ has all the qualities needed and is hands down the best choice. I see her on equal levels if not greater in leading ability to Twilight.

Other than her, Rarity would be my next choice with RD just behind. Intelligence-wise (not just book smarts), Rarity and AJ trump RD but intelligence isn't everything and RD has the will.

Pinkie isn't serious enough and Fluttershy would just want to stay at the back.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash is the best leader out of the mane 6 once the role is thrust upon her.  Thing is she wouldn't WANT that role.  She is happy being her brash self and going all out and being an example.  However, once she is in charge, she never leaves any pony hanging and she tends to think things out a whole lot more when the responsibility is hanging on her shoulders. 

• Brohoof 3

Out of the whole Mane 6...

Rarity is not rough and tough enough to be able to do leadership roles.

Dash is too cocky and overconfident to be able to make logical decisions as a leader, which often requires you to admit you can't do some things.

Pinkie is way too random and unfocused.

Fluttershy is way too shy to be able to be a strong leader among Ponies.

Applejack, although stubborn at times, is overall the wisest and most level headed in the group, so although she's not as strategic genius as Twi, she is a strong leader nonetheless.

AJ without a doubt.

I agree with the majority opinion: Applejack would make the best secondary leader, and it's not even close. Rarity and Rainbow Dash both have traits that would help them, but they also have other traits that would hurt. Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy are right out.

I think we all know the answer to this. 

Applejack:
img-1129694-1-applejack_hugs_vector_by_k
She's mature, she's brave, she is also rather strong, Sure, she may be an earth pony, but I can hardly see ANY negative traits about her,
Pinkie - Stupid, Ridiculous, 
Rarity - Overdramatic, Dainty,
RD - Arrogant, Rude
Fluttershy - Shy, Feeble, Meek
Applejack - ??? Can't really find any.

Edited by Artemis
  • Brohoof 1

Applejack is definitely the "second in command." Take the second episode for example, when Twilight was trying to concentrate on the elements, AJ sort of took the leader role and said "Come on y'all, she needs to concentrate."  This is just one example, but Applejack is easily the most qualified for the leadership role after Twilight. She's level-headed, down-to-earth, rational, strong, and she looks out for everypony.

If both Twilight and AJ were to be isolated from the others, then I think RD would take over. Dash is definitely immature and impatient, but she is also strong and brave in her own right, and has proven she's more of a leader than a follower in other aspects. So she's a good number three.

After that, I think Rarity has some potential to lead if push comes to shove. She's intelligent and can get tough if she has to. She proved capable enough to get out of situations on her own in "A Dog and Pony Show."

Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy aren't cut out to be leaders, but they're still great followers who have a place on the team. :)

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie is best leader. The rules and regulations maintaining the mane 6 bring the mood down. You need that degree of randomness to spice things up and make things interesting :blink:. No im just totally kidding the obvious choice would be Applejack. In fact i think AJ is a better leader than Twilight because she doesn't have as many things bugging her like Twilight's OCD. :huh:

• Brohoof 2

Applejack is definitely up there, but I disagree that she's perfect for a leader role. Applejack tends to rub against a lot of other ponies (Pinkie Pie, Rarity, sometimes Rainbow Dash,) and I could imagine them all feeling a general sense of annoyance under her lead, not helped by Applejack's stubbornness  On the other hoof, she is responsible and rational, as well as pragmatic. Even if everypony has to grit their teeth, they'll get something done. Furthermore, Applejack would easily rise to the occasion and not give up no matter how stressful the task was.

Rainbow Dash often acts like a second in command to Twilight, and definitely has an ability to keep things moving. She's impulsive and rash, however, which are not good qualities to have, and I imagine that she'd try to act like a drill sergeant. 

Rarity, if not actually the best choice (AJ is more willing to do dirty work and get stuff done), is definitely second best choice. She is intelligent and careful, not resorting to direct confrontation with danger unless she has to. She also is pretty persuasive and charismatic, helpful qualities to create compromises.

Pinkie Pie is not good at communication to a team, something that was the focus of an entire episode. Fluttershy is way too much of a pushover to do much of anything.

It's a good thing that Twilight takes the leader role, though. She is organized, intelligent, pragmatic, and acts like she knows what's she's doing. 

• Brohoof 4

Gummy would make the most incredible leader. Obviously.

Applejack would be close behind, I guess, she is the most humble and level-headed of them after all, but Gummy 4 Supreme Dear Leader.