Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Calling All Pegasisters/Female Bronies!

Love*Potion

How do you feel about being female on this forum? Do you feel out of place or right at home? Are you public about your femininity or more mysterious? Do you contribute to the fandom just as much as the boys?

I really don't have any thoughts on being a female on this forum, except for the fact that I don't like being called a "pegasister."  I am so much a tomboy that if it wasn't for my anatomy and the fact that I'm married (to a wonderful man at that) , I would be a guy.   My interests aren't even feminine.  I'm a blacksmith, a mechanic, and just love to get my hands dirty. 

Because of how non-normal it is being a fan of the show (for me personally), I feel a very much needed sense of belonging here.  All o my IRL friends have gone their separate ways, and now I live at least 4 hours from my old home.  So other than my husband, I'm pretty much alone. 

I don't express my own femininity, and I can't help my anatomy.....

I am a thinker, and would (if i could) do commentaries of the show because I have a great deal to say, but my technology is primitive. 

• Brohoof 4

I'm a female member of this forum as well. I don't feel any different for my gender but I do feel different for being pregnant. Lately it seems as if I'm the only pregnant pegasister on here. Apparently another girl who used this forum recently had a baby but she's not on here any more.

• Brohoof 2

I'm a female member of this forum as well. I don't feel any different for my gender but I do feel different for being pregnant. Lately it seems as if I'm the only pregnant pegasister on here. Apparently another girl who used this forum recently had a baby but she's not on here any more.

You shouldn't feel any different at all for being pregnant, in fact, you should feel incredibly happy! That's wonderful! ;DDDD

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

You shouldn't feel any different at all for being pregnant, in fact, you should feel incredibly happy! That's wonderful! ;DDDD

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm very happy about my little boy on the way. It's just that sometimes I worry if I annoy anybody on here cause I've been talking about it a lot. I even annoy my fiance sometimes. He has a daughter so he's been through it all. He wants me to be more chill and just take things as they come but I can't help it. This is my first baby, so at the moment I'm acting a little bit like Pinkie Pie (or Fluttershy when it comes to animals). Plus, it would be nice to talk to someone in the same situation. I don't have too many friends in real life, let alone any pregnant friends. I'm kinda bummed out that I have to keep a lot of things to myself. My fiance is great and very supportive but he's also very laid back. I tend to act too hyper sometimes. I'm also nine years younger than him, which could be a contributing factor.

Edited by WarGrowlmon1990
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm very happy about my little boy on the way. It's just that sometimes I worry if I annoy anybody on here cause I've been talking about it a lot. I even annoy my fiance sometimes. He has a daughter so he's been through it all. He wants me to be more chill and just take things as they come but I can't help it. This is my first baby, so at the moment I'm acting a little bit like Pinkie Pie (or Fluttershy when it comes to animals). 

Well, I agree with your fiance, you should be completely chill about it and don't let it get to you and make you freak out. And also, I've never seen you talk about your baby, so I don't see how you could annoy people. (I've probably just never seen you in the threads you go in. :s)

But yeah, you should just be chill about it. I cannot give you anymore advice though, (I'm just a 14 year old girl xD)

Edited by Coloris
  • Brohoof 3

Guy here but I'm glad to see y'all feel welcome. About 10 years ago, I was in a Transformers forum that was predominantly female, I kid you not. But just like here, gender of the individuals members didn't unduly influence anybody's behavior. And being Transformers, the avatars were virtually of all male characters. If there is a message board where a user's avatar reflects their real life gender to a reliable degree, I have yet to find it.

And by the way, Love Potion, when you first joined, I thought you were a dude. I know I said one should never judge a member's sex based on their avatar, but yours looks just like something a Fluttershy loving guy would use.  wink.png

• Brohoof 3

I am a thinker, and would (if i could) do commentaries of the show because I have a great deal to say, but my technology is primitive. 

If you ever reach a point where your technology *isn't* primitive and doing commentaries becomes feasible, we should collaborate. I'm just sayin', turning those long e-mail threads on individual episodes into videos might be cool.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I feel just the same as every other brony does, whether male or female (most of us girls prefer to be called 'bronies', just so you know). I haven't felt out of place, or different in any way; I feel welcomed and appreciated just the same! Although I was quite surprised to find out that there were more male fans than girl fans, ah well, that's the way the world works sometimes.

And anyways, I'm not really all that feminine, and I like pretty much the same things that every other guy likes here on the forums, so I never feel left out!

Edited by ~Chaotic Fireball~
  • Brohoof 1

Proud. Everyone here is so welcoming and there's no leaving people out - we're all one big family. :3

I notice quite often though here in the forums I get mistaken for a male.... But I guess that can't be helped, it can happen anywhere not be Internet. But I think my new username is a bit more feminine... Anyway I LOVE being a pegasister.

• Brohoof 1

I agree, I feel very welcomed, and I don't mind whether the fans are males or females.  We're all treated the same, and aren't that much judged by our genders or opinions. 

I'm proud to call myself a brony, and I love the show and community! That's all that matters! ^_^

• Brohoof 1

And by the way, Love Potion, when you first joined, I thought you were a dude. I know I said one should never judge a member's sex based on their avatar, but yours looks just like something a Fluttershy loving guy would use. 

Haha really? Well I made the avatar myself (except for the Fluttershy vector), and I'm pretty proud of it! I also expected a username like "Love*Potion" would kinda give a hint that I'm a girl, but really on a forum about rainbows and ponies it can be hard to tell laugh.png

But all in all it doesn't matter. I simply prefer to let people know my gender, but ultimately we are all here to appreciate that Friendship is Magic wub.png

• Brohoof 2

Haha really? Well I made the avatar myself (except for the Fluttershy vector), and I'm pretty proud of it! I also expected a username like "Love*Potion" would kinda give a hint that I'm a girl, but really on a forum about rainbows and ponies it can be hard to tell laugh.png

From what I've seen so far, it seems as though Fluttershy fans are more likely to be guys than those who consider another Mane 6 pony to be their favorite. But anyway, you did a great job on your avatar. Fluttershy looks absolutely adorable there!  wub.png

• Brohoof 2

I feel right at home here. I'm used to being around boys anyway, after growing up with two older brothers. :P

Nobody's really sexist here, we're all just too kind like that.

Love you guys! :)

• Brohoof 1

I feel right at home here. I'm used to being around boys anyway, after growing up with two older brothers. :P

Nobody's really sexist here, we're all just too kind like that.

Love you guys! :)

I hear you about being used to guys. I grew up with 5 brothers and no sisters, lol.

I dunno, men and women are different, but when you are used to being around them so much, you adapt to those differences and you learn to accept them as normal.

Of course, one has to be careful about accepting morally wrong behaviors as "normal" but that is another issue altogether.

• Brohoof 2

I think here on the forums there's just a very accepting vibe to all, male or female. I feel very accepted by the community myself. I find the forums as my home on the internet mostly because for the most part everyone gets along whether they're male, female, Time Lord, rock, etc. I find no reason to hide that I'm a girl because it's not like I'll get made fun of. I contribute to the forums where I think my contributions are needed and that's about it.

My twenty year old brother, who is also a bodybuilder, loves MLP and my Dad makes fun of both of us for liking the show, and I can only imagine what he goes through for liking the show. I go through enough at school for liking it but poor him. One of the main reasons that I'm happy I'm a Pegasister is that imagine what it's like to be a guy who likes this show out there in the real world...*shudder* Most people think of MLP as a more "girlie" show so we don't have to put up with as much but poor guys...

As a final note, Pegasisters Unite!!!! Brohoofs to all!!!

See you around the forums! tongue.png

• Brohoof 1

I'm a woman, and I feel completely welcomed by this community.

I'm quite androgynous though; although physically I am very womanly I prefer to behave more masculine sometimes. I have very blurred ideals of gender roles and I try not to think too much about my own gender, sexuality or anything like that; I'm open minded and feel like I'm a bit of everything. I feel like I contribute to the fandom, I've been to a few meets in my area with other bronies and I fit in with the women and the men. I don't publicly brandish that I'm a woman, but I don't try to be overly manly either. I just try to be myself; whatever category that fits most in.

• Brohoof 2

I personally feel very comfortable on the forums - even when I get mistaken for a boy. XD I don't really do much for the community besides hang around here (I'm not so good at music or art, and I've never been able to come up with any good ideas for pony fanfiction...yet) but nevertheless I love the brony community (I think "pegasister" is a nicer word but avoid using it as I feel it separates the girl fans from the boys and divides the community) and feel very accepted especially on this forum, even if the focus from outside the community is more on boys.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

ooh, pegasister here! Although I refer to myself as a brony, like most girls here seem to do as well ^^. I used to be mistaken for a guy quite frequently back when I had just joined the fandom, but not so much anymore. Either way though, whether people have thought I was male or female, I've been treated (mostly) the same.

How do you feel about being female on this forum? Do you feel out of place or right at home? Are you public about your femininity or more mysterious? Do you contribute to the fandom just as much as the boys?

On this forum? Totally fine, I'm not extremely active here, but people seem very nice. For the most part in this fandom I've been treated with respect. I've made my best friends in this fandom, some male some female, it's made no difference smile.png

Like I said before, a lot of people used to mistake me for male way back when. But now I've gained a bit of a public image in the fandom, and most people seem to already know that I am female.
Oh I'm pretty active in the fandom, perhaps even more than some of the boys. I'm a fan voice-actress and singer in the community.

Edited by MEMJ0123
  • Brohoof 1

How do you feel about being female on this forum?

I always feel very welcome, and that was from the first moment I registered on here and made my first post. Everypony here is very nice. :)

Do you feel out of place or right at home?

Definitely right at home!

Are you public about your femininity or more mysterious?

I'm public; it says so on my profile that I'm a girl.

Do you contribute to the fandom just as much as the boys?

Yup; currently writing a fanfiction and I've done a few bits of art, if the pony dolls count as art. XD

Basically, I've been a fan of MLP longer than some of the bronies have been alive, which makes me feel incredibly old sometimes. O_o

• Brohoof 1

I know I already posted here but I kind of feel like I have to make another post that actually answers the "official questions" :P

How do you feel about being female on this forum?

I think I answered this one pretty good. Its great. I don't know what I'd do without this place.

Do you feel out of place or right at home?

This is my home ^_^

Are you public about your femininity or more mysterious?

I try to be as public about it as possible, since I greatly prefer being addressed as one.

Do you contribute to the fandom just as much as the boys?

I've made some pony drawings but that's about it.

P.S. There are so many peeps in this thread I'd love talking to :D

• Brohoof 1

I'm not female, can guys be welcomed in this thread? :<

I probably may have more male friends than female friends but I actually get along better with females, I could say I have more similar common interests with them, my brain is probably 50% male, 50% female.

And to be honest by hanging on this forums I'm starting to have thougths about gender identity, like the man has to be tough and masculine while the woman has to soft and emotional. Like why? ... I think I'm getting in dark waters, that's another topic. lol

I treat my pegasisters (I actually don't like the term pegasister, I prefer them to be bronies like us) equally as I treat my bronies, if you are asshole you are asshole, and if you are nice you are nice, regardless of your gender. :)

• Brohoof 1

I feel.. pretty awkward. I feel like most of the ponies on here are bronies, and I feel, left out. But I like that we all like MLP:FIM . So sometimes I forget about the feeling and just feel right at home with my fellow bronies and pegasisters.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Well (as well as me) there are plenty of pegasisters/female bronies on the forums though personally I prefer brony! :)

you will be likely happy to meet one or two on the forums....

anyway welcome to the forums! :lol:

• Brohoof 2