Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Official League of Legends Thread

Vicke

anyone up for a game one EUW tonight ?

i'm thinking of rocking Jax for awhile and rack up some IP for either Brand, Ahri or Thresh 

My ID is heavyecho

Edited by PonyEcho

I play League of Legends alot now because of my buddy.  He got me hooked on it. I made Ahri my main champion and I do ok with her. So if anyone wants to add me my ID is RainbowWarDash. (P.S. I kinda suck at PvP so if you decide to play with me try to be patient but I won't mind if you yell at me. I understand. XD) Also I just wanted some tips on what Items I should buy to make ahri good.  I have a few item lists but I would like some advice.

Edited by Sageflare
  • Brohoof 2

anyone up for a game one EUW tonight ?

i'm thinking of rocking Jax for awhile and rack up some IP for either Brand, Ahri or Thresh 

My ID is heavyecho

Jax is da best! He's my favorite champion right now and so much fun to play and pretty good at whatever you want him to do. Plus he's got cool skins :P

I don't play League of Legends a lot, because my computer can't run it very well, but i like playing with the Heimerdinger( i don't know if the name is correct)  i am more the kind of guy that likes to do turrets to help my team  :D

Jax is da best! He's my favorite champion right now and so much fun to play and pretty good at whatever you want him to do. Plus he's got cool skins :P

yeah i had a intermediate bot match with him earlier and i found it hard dealing with ranged APs like Ezrial, Morrgana and Swain... tho it didn't help that we had a Skarner feeding intentionally plus bad lag too 

I don't play League of Legends a lot, because my computer can't run it very well, but i like playing with the Heimerdinger( i don't know if the name is correct)  i am more the kind of guy that likes to do turrets to help my team  :D

yeah i know the feel my laptop can barley run LoL it has to be on its lowest settings but it struggles for 30 FPS. yeah Heim seem very hard to use to me because its more planning you turrets out then doing a combo

yeah i had a intermediate bot match with him earlier and i found it hard dealing with ranged APs like Ezrial, Morrgana and Swain... tho it didn't help that we had a Skarner feeding intentionally plus bad lag too 

yeah i know the feel my laptop can barley run LoL it has to be on its lowest settings but it struggles for 30 FPS. yeah Heim seem very hard to use to me because its more planning you turrets out then doing a combo

I only know how to use the the Heimerdinger and  Miss Fortune :P . I prefer the ranged ones and turrets are easy for me to use, since i am more a kind of a strategist.

I'll be working soon, so I won't be able to play as much LoL as I like. I'll also probably be quitting Summoner's Rift (and maybe LoL altogether) because I want to be good enough for ranked, but I fail at jungling. I can top, mid, adc, or support just fine, but I keep reading that one has to be at least mediocre at all roles to be good enough to play ranked.

My problem with jungling is I can't seem to balance jungling with ganking. I feel bad when I'm jungling and top dies. So I'll gank more, but then I fall 2-3 levels behind the rest of the team, so I jungle more to make up for it and the process repeats itself @.@

I'll be working soon, so I won't be able to play as much LoL as I like. I'll also probably be quitting Summoner's Rift (and maybe LoL altogether) because I want to be good enough for ranked, but I fail at jungling. I can top, mid, adc, or support just fine, but I keep reading that one has to be at least mediocre at all roles to be good enough to play ranked.

My problem with jungling is I can't seem to balance jungling with ganking. I feel bad when I'm jungling and top dies. So I'll gank more, but then I fall 2-3 levels behind the rest of the team, so I jungle more to make up for it and the process repeats itself @.@

don't quit and 4 roles is still good add me in game(mrmammal) and i can help you with what you need if you want. also theres plenty of ways to have fun without jungling

I love playing my Maokai Support. early game he is pretty average but late game it takes three people to pull him down and the amount of CC and and wide range of abilities to hit you at distance leads to a ton of assist. And so much health and armor. This is just a basic build on Mao and i still had a good 5000+ health at the end. All he lacks is some MR but that is fixable with a few items.

Here was my last game:

I love playing my Maokai Support. early game he is pretty average but late game it takes three people to pull him down and the amount of CC and and wide range of abilities to hit you at distance leads to a ton of assist. And so much health and armor. This is just a basic build on Mao and i still had a good 5000+ heath at the end. All he lacks is some MR but that is fixable with a few items.

You don't have to quite, Jungle is one of the Hardest spots, but there is always someone that wants to do it, just call any other position and you should be good. Like take top not many people like to play top because it is one of the most stressful lanes but if you know how to play it you are pretty set for a lane.

Edited by irobern2857

Bro, have you even heard of Athene? (The guy who only plays Ryze mid and made it to 1800 elo in a short amount of time.)

You don't need to be good at the jungle to play ranked -- just be really good at the role you are most comfortable with.

Also, props to the guy in this thread who calls Heimy "The Heimerdinger". I freaking adore the article placed before his name. It makes him sound like the stuff of legend.

You know when you have one of those games, where you just feel like a boss? I had one today.

post-10109-0-77066900-1359211083_thumb.jpg

Our panth went 0/5 by about 10 minutes to their Kha'Zix and our own Kha didn't exactly perform well. However I pretty much dominted the mid lane for the early game and just ended up roaming so I could get the rest of the team to catch up. Although it does mean that you get focused all the time xD

Bro, have you even heard of Athene? (The guy who only plays Ryze mid and made it to 1800 elo in a short amount of time.)

You don't need to be good at the jungle to play ranked -- just be really good at the role you are most comfortable with.

Also, props to the guy in this thread who calls Heimy "The Heimerdinger". I freaking adore the article placed before his name. It makes him sound like the stuff of legend.

Top, mid, support, and adc are already called and I'm last pick, and the whole team is expecting me to jungle. What do? I know a lot of players will understand that I'm not good at jungle, but I can get one of those teams that aren't willing to cooperate, and I've read that not listening to the team is bannable (although then again, wouldn't they be the ones not listening since I warned them I'm not good at jungle?) Edited by Yuber

anyone on EUW up for some games before the double IP thing stops, i'm currently trying to stack it all up to 7800 before the end of the day for Thresh, I've seen him in action an i rely want.

my ID is heavyecho

anyone on EUW up for some games before the double IP thing stops, i'm currently trying to stack it all up to 7800 before the end of the day for Thresh, I've seen him in action an i rely want.

my ID is heavyecho

I am willing to play a game with you if you are up for it.

Had a fun game as Tryndamere the other day. Had only a few deaths and about 6 kills 7 assists. Nothing spectacular, and the enemy team was kinda bad, but better than my usual xD

Oh wow. Reminds me of the early days when i started to play LoL. My first quadra was with Trynda.

And yes, i did it all on my own, one after another.

• Brohoof 1

only 2800 ip to go till i have enough for threah

I am willing to play a game with you if you are up for it.

ok i'll be on later tonight, i've just been bent over royally in PvP so i'm LoL'd out atm

only 2800 ip to go till i have enough for threah

ok i'll be on later tonight, i've just been bent over royally in PvP so i'm LoL'd out atm

Another tip it to wait a few more says and Thresh will be lowered to 6300 IP.

Don't know if you want to wait, but it might be worth it <3

Well that was a fun day of LoL yesterday.

i didn't quite get the amount of IP I wanted tho so I guess I'll be saving 6300 up for when Thresh go's down...... he's such and awesome champ but his lantern toss needs fixing so you don't have to click the lantern directly (bloody warwick getting in the way)

So I was playing ranked, duoing with my friend. (Nunu)
Then this happened, I don't know about you in NA but here Shen and Malph are usually banned. How we got them into one team is beyond me. We stomped.

post-4014-0-28805000-1359389901_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Won another one, we almost lost though.
100 ELO in 1 day. Wooooo!

Edited by Mal (Starbolt)
  • Brohoof 1

So, sir Eavath and I have been playing our smurfs recently due to boredom, among other things.
I forgot just how effing terrible people could be.
And I thought the 30's I've been playing with recently were bad.
At least I got away with playing Trynd due to free week.
That was a lot of fun. xD
They were pushing down mid inhib turret when all they had was a Nexus turret at 1/4 life, so I decided to go backdoor and go for the win. :D

Edit:
Anyone that plays on PBE might wanna look at this.
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/01/new-volunteer-pilot-program-huntsmen.html

Edited by Kiloz

i play at 1700+ elo and I still play with bad people majority of the time. It's part of playing such a huge game XD I actually end up playing better people in normals atm. Last time ranked queues were down I played normals against hotshotgg, qtpie, voyboy, njacky, regi, and the oddone!

• Brohoof 2

i totally agree, ranked is definitely worse than normal for leavers/noobs/ragequitters. its really quite annoying to be honest. 

i play at 1700+ elo and I still play with bad people majority of the time. It's part of playing such a huge game XD I actually end up playing better people in normals atm. Last time ranked queues were down I played normals against hotshotgg, qtpie, voyboy, njacky, regi, and the oddone!

man i love the new ranked system! i got put in silver V because i had a lot of leavers in my 10 placement matches and so im 5-5. but i won the first 2 games and up to 29 league points :)

gold 2 here 3-0 then trolled so im 3-1 55 points up XD dunno i kinda like it its pretty cool i guess. Good way to encourage winning and teamwork with shorter term goals and visual ladders to help give people motivation